Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

We'll miss Martin. Not too concerned about Maddison.

Martin was on the coach so unsure why not in the squad. Same as Maddison

ajsccfc

Is Vincelot playing at the back? I hope there's a bookie who'll give me odds on him cutting out a cross by backheeling it to an opposition striker.

Skyblueweeman

Phillips not on the bench either, Kelly-Evans ahead of him.

Either these players aren't in Mowbrays plans for next season or Mowbray just wants to give a little experience to the youth players.

It's been confirmed that Phillips is going hasn't it? Sure I saw that this week.

shy_tall_knight

hqdefault.jpg

Todays line up I could be wrong but aren't we a bit on the short side especially with Vince in the centre of defence. Hunt AA Ruben Thomas Fleck - not the biggest ok when with the ball could be a struggle defending set pieces.

stupot07

He's not as bad as made out on here, I wouldn't have him as a starter but as a third or fourth choice back up he's ok.
I've got a feeling if he signs, he will be a regular starter as a Fleck replacement. That's my concern of signing him. Third and fourth choice he's fine, but not as a regular. He has decent technical abilty, but IMO is lacking in mentality, a bit like Adam Barton.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skybluepm2

On paper that team doesn't look much cop going forward but glad to see Harries involved after seeing so many good reports.

Vince having the captaincy is hopefully a sign of things to come. Definitely hope he's our leader next year. Our potential midfield of Vince, Vlad, Lameiras, Rose and Jones appears quite strong but needs to be supplemented with backup and pace. Bigi will probably end up here too but not as a guaranteed starter I'd imagine. I'd keep faith with RCC after a whole season under his belt and release Burge without a doubt. Defence wise I would certainly keep Martin and also Reda but on reduced terms. I think it's safe to say Phillips and Lorentzson won't be here. Stokes will hopefully sign his extension and Willis will be like having a new signing. Goals are certainly the worry, let's hope Mogga and Venus have something up their sleeves!

Praying Arma gets his 20th, seemed a formality even back in January!

Couldn't care less about Maddison.

Come on City, sign off with a win and not a whimper!

I need a good commentary today please lads, I had to come to a wedding in Ibiza, so I'm missing going to this one. I'm sat poolside in cloudy weather after splitting up with the mrs before coming away... A sky blues win would cheer me up though.

torchomatic

I'm not his greatest fan either, but if he's given a chance to prove himself then who knows he could be an asset.

I've got a feeling if he signs, he will be a regular starter as a Fleck replacement. That's my concern of signing him. Third and fourth choice he's fine, but not as a regular. He has decent technical abilty, but IMO is lacking in mentality, a bit like Adam Barton.

SkyBlueRuffian

On paper that team doesn't look much cop going forward but glad to see Harries involved after seeing so many good reports.

Vince having the captaincy is hopefully a sign of things to come. Definitely hope he's our leader next year. Our potential midfield of Vince, Vlad, Lameiras, Rose and Jones appears quite strong but needs to be supplemented with backup and pace. Bigi will probably end up here too but not as a guaranteed starter I'd imagine. I'd keep faith with RCC after a whole season under his belt and release Burge without a doubt. Defence wise I would certainly keep Martin and also Reda but on reduced terms. I think it's safe to say Phillips and Lorentzson won't be here. Stokes will hopefully sign his extension and Willis will be like having a new signing. Goals are certainly the worry, let's hope Mogga and Venus have something up their sleeves!

Praying Arma gets his 20th, seemed a formality even back in January!

Couldn't care less about Maddison.

Come on City, sign off with a win and not a whimper!

I'd go with that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I reckon Vlad was bought in as the Fleck replacement should he go, Bigi would then be playing back up to Vlad

stupot07

I reckon Vlad was bought in as the Fleck replacement should he go, Bigi would then be playing back up to Vlad
He seems to be bigging Vlad up as a number 10 in the paper.

Users who are viewing this thread