opposition forum before and after games - week 1 notts county (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

They're very complimentary about us, they seem to think we're too good to be in this league. I remember them battering us 3-0 at their place a couple of years back so I don't know where they've got they from. I remember jack Grealish being particularly impresive

oucho

Also, we didn't cover ourselves in glory when we drew 2-2 there under SP on the final day of the season in 2013. That may have been Chris Dunn's one and only league start for us. Seem to remember Cody missing an open goal, too. Aahh, glory days....

smileycov

Facebook User
Actually like this idea. They seem (at the moment) level headed and fair.

ccfcway

Actually like this idea. They seem (at the moment) level headed and fair.

pretty much the opposite they would say about us if they read our thread. As it stands,
22 predict a ccfc win
5 predict a draw
2 predict a defeat

stevefloyd

I like Notts County ... still remember them keeping us in the prem by beating Luton in the final game of the season even though they were dead and buried themselves... we shit out to vile on the same day and pissed them off by singing happy songs... btw Nigel Kennedy is a vile cock slinging us a V sign as he walked by.. the c**t

vow

They're very complimentary about us, they seem to think we're too good to be in this league. I remember them battering us 3-0 at their place a couple of years back so I don't know where they've got they from. I remember jack Grealish being particularly impresive
Went to this, he certainly tore us a new one.

The Reverend Skyblue

Match Discussion: Game 1 - Sky Blues (A)

for those interested here is how county fans see this upcoming game, will be interesting to see what it is said afterwards! maybe this could be something worth doing most weeks, i dunno.
cc4l could we put you in charge of doing this pre ever game, its a good idea except if we have to play those inbreds from Sunderland as we already know how they feel about us.
I'm sure they would find a way to blame us for Brexit, though I think its a great move

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Great idea keep it for every game, its too hard to call god knows what way this game will go, they really think highly of us then prob route us 3-0 lol.

RoboCCFC90

cc4l could we put you in charge of doing this pre every away game, its a good idea except if we have to play those inbreds from Sunderland as we already know how they feel about us.
I'm sure they would find a way to blame us for Brexit, though I think its a great move

I'm surprised they don't blame us for it already..

skyblueinBaku

cc4l could we put you in charge of doing this pre ever game, its a good idea except if we have to play those inbreds from Sunderland as we already know how they feel about us.
Up in Sunderland they probably don't know what Brexit is.

Brylowes

We were absolutely terrible that day and so was the pitch "not an excuse" we would have got beat
on any pitch, we had a really good following as well 3000 'or something similar IIRC

D

Deleted member 4439

We were absolutely terrible that day and so was the pitch "not an excuse" we would have got beat
on any pitch, we had a really good following as well 3000 'or something similar IIRC

wasn't that the paper plane day? bloody miserable experience, we were dire.

vow

Arrogant little sod with his socks half down.
You could see his quality though, good players always appear to have time on the ball.
Sorry wingy, I'll pull 'em up next time.

pastythegreat

So we only won with assistance from the ref, allowing us to waste time and giving us free kicks for diving!! Hhmmmm!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Otis

The ref was crap for both sides! And what about the time their defender physically grabbed and threw our player to the ground in the penalty area? Clear pen.

They should have had a number of players booked too.

JWC

Wow, their view of the ref. I thought they were niggly all over the pitch. Some cynical fouls, time wasting, lots of complaining. They were lucky the ref wasn't card happy or they could have had a fair few on yellows in the first half. I'm not saying it was overly physical, just that they always seemed to try and disrupt the flow of the game and were taking advantage of a lenient ref

steve82

My lads assessment of the first half was half WWE and half football.

A few strange decisions by the officials, thought the funniest moment was when Shola Ameobi stared down at the linesman after a poor touch like he was gonna change his mind.

rupert_bear

Thought the ref was okay to be fair maybe a bit lenient but I'd rather that than a whistle happy fuss pot. Didn't fall for County's attempts for penalties either in front of their fans.
We will have a lot worse.

Nick

Administrator
The ref talked too much and gave them far too much leeway.

Not too sure what they are on about diving when our players are going off with nosebleeds..

Skybluefaz

When one of their players cynically blocked Jones in the first half by just stepping in front of him and obstructing his run, that's a yellow in every other game I've seen. Seems like you can get away with an awful lot in league two. Unless that ref was especially bad.

Nick

Administrator
When one of their players cynically blocked Jones in the first half by just stepping in front of him and obstructing his run, that's a yellow in every other game I've seen. Seems like you can get away with an awful lot in league two. Unless that ref was especially bad.
There were a couple of challenges like that.

clint van damme

I couldn't believe some of the stuff he let go, be interesting to see if that was just him or if it's par for the course.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Refs first game in the football league yesterday and it showed. Easily influenced by Doyle! Allowed Notts to to overstep the mark after the 3rd poor challenge in a matter of mins a yellow was needed to send a warning message out.

Suspect there will be a lot of poor officials at this level 2 poorer than we've ever seen before!

Users who are viewing this thread