Osti Brighton Argus (1 Viewer)

COV

Saying it now.

We're going to regret not chucking an extra million or so at M.R for Ostigard.

He will be worth 6 mill upwards within a season

so why didn’t Brighton keep him then?

he’s now at a club who where its debatable if they’re any better than us, they only got 5 more points than us last season.

the nostalgia for this guy is so over the top

Jamesimus

Liked him, loved a battle and his presence at the back will be missed as he was a determined lad.

That being said he's not as good with the ball at his feet as some of our defenders, but I imagine he'll get better at that. I'm secretly hoping we didn't get him because we're aiming higher...

rexo87

Well if you ask the Stoke fans it is. They seem intent on a top 6 finish this season. I know nothing about them this season, is that likely?

They have a very good side now. Got Leo, Wilmot and Souttar at the back. Mario Vrancic is a top signing in midfield and have just spent between 2 and 5 million on Surridge as well as having Tyreese Campbell who was class until injury last season and Nick Powell who is one of the best players in the league. Think they will be top six alongside QPR and the 4 everyone is talking about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Crazy idea, maybe the club should look to buy one of these loan players we keep sending back and missing instead of loaning them in the first place .

giphy.gif

Fergusons_Beard

Do Stoke play a back 3 -Osti completely untested in a 2. Am sure O’Neil is a 4-4-2 stickler.

Could make or break him.

Good luck to him tho but not against City.

And no I won’t be either clapping or booing him when he comes back in red and white.

Doesn’t deserve either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jamesimus

They have a very good side now. Got Leo, Wilmot and Souttar at the back. Mario Vrancic is a top signing in midfield and have just spent between 2 and 5 million on Surridge as well as having Tyreese Campbell who was class until injury last season and Nick Powell who is one of the best players in the league. Think they will be top six alongside QPR and the 4 everyone is talking about

So what if they have good players now, good players hardly make a team good do they 😢

In all seriousness, hope he does well, just not in either game against us.

Legia Sky Blue

Do Stoke play a back 3 -Osti completely untested in a 2. Am sure O’Neil is a 4-4-2 stickler.

Could make or break him.

And no I won’t be either clapping or booing him when he comes back in red and white.

Doesn’t deserve either.

Agree with the not clapping or booing him - either might motivate him. Completely ignoring he is playing will be much more of a demotivating factor for him. We can clap him when he comes back at the end of his career for 'legends' day :)

SBT

Think it's time we stopped pretending and accept the two basic facts about this transfer:

1. He is the only good CB in the entire division, and anyone else we sign will automatically be inferior
2. He signed for Stoke purely because he hates Coventry City, and especially the fans

NortonSkyBlue

Think it's time we stopped pretending and accept the two basic facts about this transfer:

1. He is the only good CB in the entire division, and anyone else we sign will automatically be inferior
2. He signed for Stoke purely because he hates Coventry City, and especially the fans
All true

Jamesimus

I bloody knew it. Definitely booing him now.

SeaSeeEffCee

Hopefully Clarke-Salter has an option to buy in his loan deal. You don’t really progress by loaning the same players in over and over again.

rexo87

Could make or break him.

Doesn’t deserve either.

Yeah, played a back 3 on Saturday. They have more options and better players in those positions though than we do so will be interesting to see if he nails down a first team place. We know he doesn’t like to not be in the starting 11!

Hod dog

would of been nice to of had him back but if player/Brighton see stoke as a bigger challenge then fair enough, but do genuinely think we was never an option for him this year.

for those saying we should just buy him, or give robins more money to bring him in, we dont know that wasn't the case, we may of enquired and there was no interest. If price was to much we also need to make sure we dont spend beyond our means, we dont want to find ourselves in the situation of dropping down to league 2 again.

trust the club, they've been doing really well for past 4 years now in turning us around and getting us back on track, we are not a buying club right now and robins has always said we are in a position where players will come to coventry to develop and move on. we are in a division we cannot financially compete it with transfers so finding bargains and loans is where we are at.

good luck Leo

Blind-Faith

Pissed off tbh he’s gone to another championship club. Would of loved him back and is just what we need. Hope he does well except when playing us of course , but we really have missed out on this one 😔

hill83

Stoke have had a few bad years but if they keep up their improved league finishes at the same pace since relegation from the premier league they will have a chance to be promoted by the time he is 29. Incredible move for him. Everyone is just sore.

2018–19Championship
46​
11​
22​
13​
45​
52​
55​
16th
2019–20Championship
46​
16​