Other clubs getting bitter... (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

Just heard Robinson say on FLS "for all the moaning they do, Coventry are a very well resourced side at this level." Then on Twitter, the Shrewsbury trust are saying we should have points docked as not paying our rent has given us an unfair advantage. Now we're doing well, they're after us off the pitch it looks like. Why did we not get given points then for having an unfair advantage of rip-off rent for seven years? But seriously, are we gonna get reported by a twisted faction?

BurbageSkyBlues

Can't have it both ways, can we...?

Plenty of our fans were crying 'foul' at Portsmouth last season.

Another example of how badly Sisu have handled this.....if they paid some rent, that they believe to be fair, it would negate the claims by other clubs.

Just hope that if we do achieve the impossible this season, it isn't scuppered by foolish tactics from our owners.

stupot07

Unless the football league have specific rules about not paying rent then I'm not sure what they can do about it. To be honest football likes to look after itself, which is why football creditors get first dibs when a club goes into admin even before the tax bill is paid.

If we'd missed a payment for a play they would be all over us about it (like Danny ward).

Ccfc1979

This is what I thought. If the consequence of not paying rent was that we were forced into administration then yes, points docked. It's not like we've not paid rent and bought million pound players with the money to storm the league.

coundonskyblue

Another example of how badly Sisu have handled this.....if they paid some rent, that they believe to be fair, it would negate the claims by other clubs.

Just hope that if we do achieve the impossible this season, it isn't scuppered by foolish tactics from our owners.

I've been the biggest critic of the club not paying the rent, but so far the club hasn't broken any league rule.

If we get chucked out and can't host our home games then we will get a points deduction. For the moment, as far as the league is concerned, not paying rent is about as relevant as not paying the stationary bill.

D

Deleted member 4232

Other clubs' fans don't understand the whole situation. The fact is, Sisu have the money, they're just not handing it over. That's alot different to the Pompey situation.

Otis

Same here.

There is a lot of gambling with the club's future going on. Feasibly it seems like a winding-up order could cause a transfer embargo and really hit the club hard.

For the life of me I cannot see why CCFC won't pay some rent. Just at least pay what you think the rent should be then argue over the rest.

ACL quite clearly said they were looking for some payment of the arrears. CCFC should just pay what the club think it should be and then that would at least alleviate the tension and atmosphere somewhat created by this Mexican stand-off.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Had to smile at Mr Robinson's comments....."all the moaning they do"... he'd spent the previous 10 seconds bemoaning the number of injuries MKD have... oh the irony :jerkit:

Sounded like very sour grapes to me....Ignore the bitter and twisted faction

Mucca Mad Boys

Fuck the other teams, first it was McG being too good, now it's we're very resourced*!? So, we've spent 100k in the summer, how about you? And also about the rent, which will be sorted out...

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I guess it might fall under breaching the FFP regs, in which case punishment is a transfer embargo.

I agree it doesn't show us in a good light though.

BurbageSkyBlues

True Stu - we would hope that a 'business arrangement' is outside the scope of the league' s jurisdiction.

(Unlike player sales, monies owed to other member clubs.)

However, what is happening on the pitch has put Sisu in a stronger position- imagine the public outcry if, after getting into the top six, ACL issued the winding up order? Our fans would be saying 'you can't do this, just as we have started to have hope!' And hence ACL would be the bad boys.

Very clever, or fortunate, Sisu

Sky Blue Pete

Same here.

There is a lot of gambling with the club's future going on. Feasibly it seems like a winding-up order could cause a transfer embargo and really hit the club hard.

For the life of me I cannot see why CCFC won't pay some rent. Just at least pay what you think the rent should be then argue over the rest.

ACL quite clearly said they were looking for some payment of the arrears. CCFC should just pay what the club think it should be and then that would at least alleviate the tension and atmosphere somewhat created by this Mexican stand-off.

Completely agree!

Astute

Same here.

Fully agree. Just what I have been saying, yet I feel like an argumentatove tw@t with so many dosagreeing with me :D

Lord_Nampil

Strange thing i thought in his Karl Robinson main interview he talked about Elliot and Fleck and players who have played at a high level, when they have Former England Striker and Premier League winner Alan Smith lining up in midfield for them! They also had Jimmy Bullard at the start of the season and if the rumors are to be believed David Bentley will be joining them on loan in January!

The fact of the matter is we scored 3 very good well worked goals, they scored (from there point of view) 2 very good well worked goals, IF you score less than the other team you loose football matches!

The rent situation is probably the main reason he mentioned the words "moaning" and "have no money" but if you get beaten by the better team, you get beaten by the better team, you have to accept it.

stupot07

A manager under pressure in crontroversial comments shocker!

In a way their injuries have came at the right time for them as they will be able to bring in replacements soon.

D

Deleted member 4232

Strange thing i thought in his Karl Robinson main interview he talked about Elliot and Fleck and players who have played at a high level, when they have Former England Striker and Premier League winner Alan Smith lining up in midfield for them! They also had Jimmy Bullard at the start of the season and if the rumors are to be believed David Bentley will be joining them on loan in January!

The fact of the matter is we scored 3 very good well worked goals, they scored (from there point of view) 2 very good well worked goals, IF you score less than the other team you loose football matches!

The rent situation is probably the main reason he mentioned the words "moaning" and "have no money" but if you get beaten by the better team, you get beaten by the better team, you have to accept it.

Great first point! I remember, end of last season when Smudger went there, MK werent paying ANY of his wages either! He was one of Newcastle's highest paid players too, on a reported 60k/week. I'll have you know Mr.Robinson, those lads you mentioned are all on our books. Its ACL who aren't. Nowt to do with the footballing lesson your MK franchise just got taught.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

A natural and unfortunate by-product if SISUs stance I'm afraid. As Otis states, and I before, to pay nothing isn't useful. At least to pay Fisher's ' affordable rent' would show some signs of good faith.

Meanwhile, we have a stadium that's hosting a gate that's 50% higher than the divisional average and paying nothing for it. Whilst at the same time paying players, such as McGoldrick, McSheffrey or Wood, that 'the average' club in this division can't afford to bankroll. As such, you can understand their views.

Still, according to Grenduffy, he 'doesn't care' what other clubs and supporters think of our actions

If SISU have the cash, as others assert above; they should pay something whilst negotiations ensue. It's the very least they can do. Unless, of course, it's got less to do with good will, and more to do with starving ACL into submission, and thereby getting their hands on a stadium they had no hand in the building of, of course...

Mucca Mad Boys

Great first point! I remember, end of last season when Smudger went there, MK werent paying ANY of his wages either! He was one of Newcastle's highest paid players too, on a reported 60k/week. I'll have you know Mr.Robinson, those lads you mentioned are all on our books. Its ACL who aren't. Nowt to do with the footballing lesson your MK franchise just got taught.

Got taught a lesson on the pitch to!

Ashdown1

Quite right MMM, I think its more idiotic posturing by SISU to try and smash up ACL, thing is with success on field revenues will climb with increased gates and make it all look a bit more of a fiddle.

shmmeee

Nothing like the Pompey situation. We could pay our rent, but we are in dispute and refusing to. Much like when you refuse to pay your mobile provider because of a disputed charge. You've not missed a payment as such.

ashbyjan

I believe Robinsons thinking is we are moaning we are pennyless aren't paying any rent yet have a wage bill of some 4 mill. Where this argument falls down is that no extra money is being spent as a result of withholding rent - rent saving is part of a bigger battle and doubt whether Joy even cares how her cherished team is faring on the pitch. Interesting observation - someone called Robinson talking crap about Covs finances - sound familiar?

Grendel

A natural and unfortunate by-product if SISUs stance I'm afraid. As Otis states, and I before, to pay nothing isn't useful. At least to pay Fisher's ' affordable rent' would show some signs of good faith.

Meanwhile, we have a stadium that's hosting a gate that's 50% higher than the divisional average and paying nothing for it. Whilst at the same time paying players, such as McGoldrick, McSheffrey or Wood, that 'the average' club in this division can't afford to bankroll. As such, you can understand their views.

Still, according to Grenduffy, he 'doesn't care' what other clubs and supporters think of our actions

If SISU have the cash, as others assert above; they should pay something whilst negotiations ensue. It's the very least they can do. Unless, of course, it's got less to do with good will, and more to do with starving ACL into submission, and thereby getting their hands on a stadium they had no hand in the building of, of course...

Correct I don't care. Some clubs like Cardiff spend well above their means and had loan players they never paid a penny for.

People are moaning as we are doing well and no other reason.

smouch1975

Do our gates cover the £4 million wages?

To the other clubs 'Fuck um'

SISU pay some of the rent please. Find a way through this

psgm1

Banned

Have to agree with you there chap. It is an FA rule that ALL football related bills MUST be paid - I would say Rent is pretty essential. If it were to happen, the fault lies squarely at the door of SiSU.

Also they refused to make a deal when the deadline came and went, look out they will come to a compromise within minutes of the court hearing, and then claim they saved the club again!

They are acting like they are the injured party, when in actuality it is them who are doing the damage!

I truly hope ACL have some backbone and make no further concessions to SiSU. If I had been in charged, SiSU would ALREADY be put into administration.

They are an absolute disgrace, and I cannot believe some "fans" are so blinded that they actually back these crooks!

Any success Cov has is in SPITE of Sisu - not because of them.

Fuck off SiSU!!!

Grendel

Have to agree with you there chap. It is an FA rule that ALL football related bills MUST be paid - I would say Rent is pretty essential. If it were to happen, the fault lies squarely at the door of SiSU.

Also they refused to make a deal when the deadline came and went, look out they will come to a compromise within minutes of the court hearing, and then claim they saved the club again!

They are acting like they are the injured party, when in actuality it is them who are doing the damage!

I truly hope ACL have some backbone and make no further concessions to SiSU. If I had been in charged, SiSU would ALREADY be put into administration.

They are an absolute disgrace, and I cannot believe some "fans" are so blinded that they actually back these crooks!

Any success Cov has is in SPITE of Sisu - not because of them.

feck off SiSU!!!

Complete garbage even by your pathetic standards.

Still think robins is useless?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep, exactly what I said yesterday not our fault mk wasted resources on injury has beens. I doubt we could have afforded them

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Other teams used to say nice things about us when we used to roll over and let them take the points. When we are doing well they find things to moan about us for. I hope Shrewsbury have a lot of things lined up to moan about when we slap them on New Years day. I'm afraid to say Shrewsbury are clutching at straws and don't know the full circumstances of our situation. It was the same kind of story when we were 4th in the Championship under Boothroyd that season.

If they are moaning then it's because we are taking points off them.

Robinson's comments were unprofessional, childish and factually incorrect.

He should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

ashbyjan

I remember when during the initial successful spell under Boothroyd teams were moaning that we were over physical and bullying - if other teams are complaining then you are doing something right

Users who are viewing this thread