Our Finishing (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What is going on with it?

Now we are in League 1 we are starting to see teams who only need a couple of chances to score with no messing about. We really are struggling in front of goal, scuffed shots, mishits, shots wide.

We are nowhere clinical enough to just put the ball in the net or at least really test the keeper.

Surely as Robins was a striker he can be doing some extra work on this?

Otis

Now we are in League 1 we are starting to see teams who only need a couple of chances to score with no messing about. We really are struggling in front of goal, scuffed shots, mishits, shots wide.

We are nowhere clinical enough to just put the ball in the net or at least really test the keeper.

Like Oggy was with Burge this week you mean?

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Robins spending £1 million quid on inept strikers.

However, some on here will argue they will develop.

hinckley cov

All our strikers are conference standard or below, Robins recruitment has been terrible we got lucky with a great loan signing, but when he goes back we are in trouble.

ccfctommy

All our strikers are conference standard or below, Robins recruitment has been terrible we got lucky with a great loan signing, but when he goes back we are in trouble.

Bollocks.

Its poor decision making. Shipleys pass. Thomas in the first half before he scored. With Clarke-Harris's chance he could have took it round or chipped the keeper.

Our players make the wrong decisions in the final third. That's all it is.

Nick

Administrator
Bollocks.

Its poor decision making. Shipleys pass. Thomas in the first half before he scored. With Clarke-Harris's chance he could have took it round or chipped the keeper.

There was one where bakayoko laid it off. Ran into acres of space through on goal but Shipley hammered it the other way :(

higgs

Max would have stuck them chances away today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Been saying it for a long time now.

Go back a month or two and I remember saying I thought it would start costing us at some stage. Pretty sure I got shit for it though!

It's a massive problem.

Grendel

Max would have stuck them chances away today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shame he never did last season.

slyblue57

When JCH went through did anyone actually think he would score ? Not one person near me even moved .

hill83

Go back a month or two and I remember saying I thought it would start costing us at some stage. Pretty sure I got shit for it though!

It's a massive problem.

What’s tonights lottery numbers mate?

Grendel

Oh did he not score last season then.
Must be running off on the strikers this season.

I can’t recall one goal he managed to score in a one in one versus the keeper no. Can you?

Grendel

Yet some believe he is better then Max.
Couldn't make it up.

I always find it strange when people refer to footballers by their first name. It’s rather telling in many respects

hinckley cov

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

Wrong decisions don’t keep missing chances, poor strikers do , do you think chapman will ever get 20 goals in a season?

hinckley cov

Can anyone tell me how Accrington Stanley can spend under half our budget, get half our gates and still finish above us last season, and probably will finish above us this season again.Is their manager better than ours ?

Grendel

letsallsingtogether

Didn’t lee have a good gane today? Is that why you are angry
Angry really.
Can't comment who played well and who didn't as I didn't go to the match and thankfully only listened to the first half.
I thought we had won.

pastythegreat

If you believe what half the people on here and Twitter spout out all will be OK. McNulty never scored until Christmas either so we have to stick with the dreadful Chaplin in the hope that he will too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Think we need to get Allassani back and start getting him in the fold ready. Got a feeling Thomas will be heading elsewhere in January. And even if not, we need to inject something new into this woeful squad.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When JCH went through did anyone actually think he would score ? Not one person near me even moved .
JCH is about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

pastythegreat

It's a massive problem.
I've said from the outset that our strikers were dreadful. Funny isn't it, all the 'experts' on here that said (without ever seeing either of them play before) Chaplin was our saviour And Baka was the worst signing we've ever made. Didn't look like that today, Baka looked streets ahead of Chaplin today.

Adge

It’s true-none of our strikers ever look like scoring and today was a fine example of that. We had the chances, didn’t take them and then the inevitable happened. About time people stopped making excuses for them.
I’m not his biggest fan but surely Biamou would add more than the inept Chaplin, Baka or JCH?

Users who are viewing this thread