Our ticket prices for kids (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Was hoping Pete could ask for some justification from the ownership about the prices for kids , particularly for category a games , and how he thinks it will encourage families to come to matches..

I understand you can buy a JSB membership for 50 pound per child , but even with this it's still working out as 17 pound for an under 14 ..

25 pound is a despicable price for a child full stop and a discount shouldn't be tied to a membership worth 50 quid

We all accept adult price rises sure , but what's the justification for the kids being so extreme @Sky Blue Pete

For reference we are one of the leagues most expensive for kids

Cheers mate

Sky Blue Pete

Was hoping Pete could ask for some justification from the ownership about the prices for kids , particularly for category a games , and how he thinks it will encourage families to come to matches..

I understand you can buy a JSB membership for 50 pound per child , but even with this it's still working out as 17 pound for an under 14 ..

25 pound is a despicable price for a child full stop and a discount shouldn't be tied to a membership worth 50 quid

We all accept adult price rises sure , but what's the justification for the kids @Sky Blue Pete

Cheers mate
I haven’t really got a hotline but will definitely raise this on the next forum

Alkhen

Do JSB members get a reduction in single ticket prices this year? Wasn't announced when they started selling JSB memberships

Alkhen

Was waiting to get my kids membership as we don't live close enough to get season tickets but the reduced/free kids tickets really helped last season

shmmeee

That's not really an acceptable reason to price kids out of matches , and all it takes is stewards to do their jobs

By kids I'm talking even a 5 years old- 25 quid

I know. I’ve dropped the kids tickets this year because of cost. Just think people using kids tickets has become so endemic and let’s be honest the stewards job isn’t to take on a coked up nobhead. When it gets to the point where it’s an open joke among the fans it’s probably something the owners aren’t going to take too kindly.

£10-15 would be enough but I guess it all depends on whether you can police it.

Alkhen

I know. I’ve dropped the kids tickets this year because of cost. Just think people using kids tickets has become so endemic and let’s be honest the stewards job isn’t to take on a coked up nobhead. When it gets to the point where it’s an open joke among the fans it’s probably something the owners aren’t going to take too kindly.

£10-15 would be enough but I guess it all depends on whether you can police it.

Couldn't they just make junior tickets a bright colour or something. They managed to check most tickets in the playoff games but it would be less of a faff if they were an obviously different colour. would work on printed or phone screen. Bright orange

ccfc1234

That's not really an acceptable reason to price kids out of matches , and all it takes is stewards to do their jobs

By kids I'm talking even a 5 years old- 25 quid
I am not sure they are priced appropriately either but I cant see the club doing a 180 now. To help out the fans I would be inclined give JSB members a special price match package price in areas outside the family zone, but I find it hard to be too critical as the family zone is sold out with many of those children paying about £5 a match which represents exceptional value.

Evo1883

My other concern, is asking away fans who I know we aren't fond of , but who are travelling for over 3 hours, who have no opportunity of reduced price tickets .. 25 pound for their nippers .. crazy to me

A dad and his 7 year old son for example costs 62 pound and they've not even left the house yet .

We simply have to price under 14s better next season

fernandopartridge

I’d guess it’s because for years people have proudly talked about how they get in on kids tickets. So now we have to price kids tickets high.
Those people will be unwilling to pay at all now so not sure it's any sort of win. It's a completely irrational pricing strategy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Those people will be unwilling to pay at all now so not sure it's any sort of win. It's a completely irrational pricing strategy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Not with current sales. I basically couldn’t get two season tickets together in any decent part of the ground this morning.

If we’re selling like that at these prices then the last thing you can all the pricing strategy is irrational.

What I think they did fuck up was the Family Zone, but ultimately the strategy is a limited number of cheap child tickets, not no cheap child tickets. And if they can fill the rest at the price they have then all the better. If anything I’d expect a Family Zone rise next year considering how quickly they went.

Evo1883

Not with current sales. I basically couldn’t get two season tickets together in any decent part of the ground this morning.

If we’re selling like that at these prices then the last thing you can all the pricing strategy is irrational.

What I think they did fuck up was the Family Zone, but ultimately the strategy is a limited number of cheap child tickets, not no cheap child tickets. And if they can fill the rest at the price they have then all the better. If anything I’d expect a Family Zone rise next year considering how quickly they went.

I don't even think I'm asking for cheap tickets , just not ludicrous u14 matchday ticket prices

Johnnythespider

My other concern, is asking away fans who I know we aren't fond of , but who are travelling for over 3 hours, who have no opportunity of reduced price tickets .. 25 pound for their nippers .. crazy to me

A dad and his 7 year old son for example costs 62 pound and they've not even left the house yet .

We simply have to price under 14s better next season
What about giving over an area of the away end as an away family zone

shmmeee

I don't even think I'm asking for cheap tickets , just not ludicrous u14 matchday ticket prices

Not in the grand scheme of things. Just saying as a business owner you’re asking to reduce the price of a product that’s selling very well, and that usually doesn’t go down well. As a fan I totally agree.

shmmeee

Should be justified though

It’s justified by the sales like all pricing strategies.

What are we really asking for? Would we we be happier with Family zone set at a price that meant it didn’t sell out and match day tickets were available there? Or at somewhere lower where it does sell out but high enough to subsidise tickets elsewhere?

Because the “we want kids” argument falls down when you can point to several blocks of Family Zone. So really the argument is we want a lower differential between Family Zone and standard kids prices. And be careful what we wish for there.

theferret

This has absolutely fuck all to do with abuse of the system. How do all other clubs cope? Why are we always the outlier?

For reference, our £25 price for kids, regardless of age, is the most expensive in the league. By a mile.

Sunderland fans have rightly kicked off about this today. They need to follow through with their boycott threats, it's the only way this changes.

Evo1883

This has absolutely fuck all to do with abuse of the system. How do all other clubs cope? Why are we always the outlier?

For reference, our £25 price for kids, regardless of age, is the most expensive in the league. By a mile.

Sunderland fans have rightly kicked off about this today. They need to follow through with their boycott threats, it's the only way this changes.
I wonder what doug would do it sunderland fans just didn't turn up?

Would he care

Mucca Mad Boys

To be frank, people taking the piss buying discounted tickets for people that should be full price paying has probably driven this. It appears the justification is based on data that a disproportionate amount of tickets being sold were concession/children’s and so on.

A middle needs to be reached, that said, the family zone is incredibly good value and the club should be encouraging families to go down the ST value.

The club is aspiring to be a premium brand, there ideally shouldn’t be many tickets available for general admission.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s justified by the sales like all pricing strategies.

What are we really asking for? Would we we be happier with Family zone set at a price that meant it didn’t sell out and match day tickets were available there? Or at somewhere lower where it does sell out but high enough to subsidise tickets elsewhere?

Because the “we want kids” argument falls down when you can point to several blocks of Family Zone. So really the argument is we want a lower differential between Family Zone and standard kids prices. And be careful what we wish for there.
At the moment I just want some justification from the club if that’s we deliberately made the season ticket price for kids low but have to recoup that in match day costs then ok

Evo1883

To be frank, people taking the piss buying discounted tickets for people that should be full price paying has probably driven this. It appears the justification is based on data that a disproportionate amount of tickets being sold were concession/children’s and so on.

A middle needs to be reached, that said, the family zone is incredibly good value and the club should be encouraging families to go down the ST value.

The club is aspiring to be a premium brand, there ideally shouldn’t be many tickets available for general admission.

Still think punishing genuine families for a few taking the piss is not the answer to this ..

Evo1883

At the moment I just want some justification from the club if that’s we deliberately made the season ticket price for kids low but have to recoup that in match day costs then ok
I think the fact we don't have a price banding for non JSB under 14s seems strange in itself

theferret

It's got nothing to do with it, the price increases from last season are proportionate to the adult increases. Our cat A kids prices were the highest in the league last season too.

Users who are viewing this thread