Our ticket prices for kids (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

Still think punishing genuine families for a few taking the piss is not the answer to this ..
I agree,and we have always presumed it was just a few.
But we just don’t know. And let’s be honest, what we do know is the stewards outside the ground are completely useless.

theferret

It’s justified by the sales like all pricing strategies.

What are we really asking for? Would we we be happier with Family zone set at a price that meant it didn’t sell out and match day tickets were available there? Or at somewhere lower where it does sell out but high enough to subsidise tickets elsewhere?

Because the “we want kids” argument falls down when you can point to several blocks of Family Zone. So really the argument is we want a lower differential between Family Zone and standard kids prices. And be careful what we wish for there.

Not sure what you are getting at. We're talking matchday pricing, for home and away fans. There are 11,000 unsold seats for every game. For Boro only 5000 of those were sold. This is at cat B pricing. Some cat A games will be lower than that. You're making out there is massive demand and pricing is justified.

Careful what we wish for? What, making it more affordable for children and families to help fill some of the thousands of empty seats? Wow.

mmttww

It's costing me an average of £70 per game with two kids U13 this season vs. £30 last season. Expected a jump, just not that much.

If it's the same next season, people might spot it's worth getting season tickets in the Family Zone even if they'll only make 8-10 matches.

shmmeee

Not sure what you are getting at. We're talking matchday pricing, for home and away fans. There are 11,000 unsold seats for every game. For Boro only 5000 of those were sold. This is at cat B pricing. Some cat A games will be lower than that. You're making out there is massive demand and pricing in justified.

Careful what we wish for? What, making it more affordable for children and families to help fill some of the thousands of empty seats? Wow.

I think Doug’s take will be that Family Zone sold out in hours and was probably priced too low if anything. STs are easier to police than match day because at least you can confirm a child actually exists and revoke it with abuse.

Maybe we get an extension of the Family Zone, though we don’t have a block of STs to sell right now, so where do those come from?

If you start offering £10 kids match day tickets every nobhead and their mate who has been on here and FB the last decade boasting about how they get in on them will be back to their tricks. So Doug is going to want to raise income elsewhere.

Fact is we don’t have 11k empty seats. We have maybe 5/6k match tickets a game and we’ll probably sell most of them for most games if we do OK. Beyond that you’re rejigging the away area and stuff.

Maybe use the rarely sold front and back rows for cheaper kids tickets? But you’re back to how do you stop abuse? And you can say it doesn’t matter but clearly to the club it does. As I say it’s been an open joke for years that people do it.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think the fact we don't have a price banding for non JSB under 14s seems strange in itself
It's got nothing to do with it, the price increases from last season are proportionate to the adult increases. Our cat A kids prices were the highest in the league last season too.

Moving forwards, we surely want to be an exclusive brand, right? Therefore, the drive should be encouraging people to sign up for STs/match packages. The family zone is incredible value hence it sold out so quickly my brother (concession) and I’s ST was £350. Two concessions and 2 adults would be £700 which is £30 a game, so there was a very reasonable offering to those who wished to commit. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

It’s not easy to organise family days out for big clubs that consistently sell out their stadiums.

From a business sense, we need to drive as much revenue as possible. The extra revenue from the playoffs, record ST sales and of course, record transfer revenues is being reflected in the transfer market.

As for last season, the current regime had nothing to do with setting those prices.

Like the discussions around the points system for away ticketing, loyalty is rewarded and we don’t necessarily need to rely on encouraging day-trippers to come to games.

Londonccfcfan

That's not really an acceptable reason to price kids out of matches , and all it takes is stewards to do their jobs

By kids I'm talking even a 5 years old- 25 quid
That's disgusting. I didnt realise it was that high. Surely that's not right.

Evo1883

Moving forwards, we surely want to be an exclusive brand, right? Therefore, the drive should be encouraging people to sign up for STs/match packages. The family zone is incredible value hence it sold out so quickly my brother (concession) and I’s ST was £350. Two concessions and 2 adults would be £700 which is £30 a game, so there was a very reasonable offering to those who wished to commit. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

It’s not easy to organise family days out for big clubs that consistently sell out their stadiums.

From a business sense, we need to drive as much revenue as possible. The extra revenue from the playoffs, record ST sales and of course, record transfer revenues is being reflected in the transfer market.

As for last season, the current regime had nothing to do with setting those prices.

Like the discussions around the points system for away ticketing, loyalty is rewarded and we don’t necessarily need to rely on encouraging day-trippers to come to games.
We are talking about kids prices , they can't pay for themselves

The family stand is sold out and kids are paying 2 pound a ticket pretty much .. unreal value but I think we need to look at matchday prices for kids, because they're horrendous value

Evo1883

I agree , I admit this season is probably too late for change , but next season it's something we should look at , we can't have at one end kids for 2 pound , but because that package is sold out other families pay 17 -25 for kids etc , seems mental

theferret

I think Doug’s take will be that Family Zone sold out in hours and was probably priced too low if anything. STs are easier to police than match day because at least you can confirm a child actually exists and revoke it with abuse.

Maybe we get an extension of the Family Zone, though we don’t have a block of STs to sell right now, so where do those come from?

If you start offering £10 kids match day tickets every nobhead and their mate who has been on here and FB the last decade boasting about how they get in on them will be back to their tricks. So Doug is going to want to raise income elsewhere.

Fact is we don’t have 11k empty seats. We have maybe 5/6k match tickets a game and we’ll probably sell most of them for most games if we do OK. Beyond that you’re rejigging the away area and stuff.

Maybe use the rarely sold front and back rows for cheaper kids tickets? But you’re back to how do you stop abuse? And you can say it doesn’t matter but clearly to the club it does. As I say it’s been an open joke for years that people do it.

The abuse thing is overstated. We had the highest kids matchday prices in the league last season for cat A games pre DK. This isn't a sudden change that Doug is looking to fix.

Such a depressing take really that stinks of the modern game and makes me worry about its future.

And there are 11000 seats to be sold game by game if the reduced capacity is 30K. Away fans are impacted by our kids prices too. There won't be many Stoke fans rushing to pay £25 for their 7 year old in November.

For Boro only 5000 of those were sold between both sets fans. We won't sell out a single game this side of Christmas, and that's such a shame. The pricing is absolutely batshit.

Mucca Mad Boys

Get them in whilst we on upward trajectory. Let them catch the bug, they fans for life and you reap the rewards for a lifetime.
We are talking about kids prices , they can't pay for themselves

The family stand is sold out and kids are paying 2 pound a ticket pretty much .. unreal value but I think we need to look at matchday prices for kids, because they're horrendous value

To play devils advocate, isn’t there a risk this is a storm in a teacup? What evidence is there that the pricing structure is deterring attendances?

We’ll likely hit a record average attendance this season despite the furore around ticket prices.

Mucca Mad Boys

The abuse thing is overstated. We had the highest kids matchday prices in the league last season for cat A games pre DK. This isn't a sudden change that Doug is looking to fix.

Such a depressing take really that stinks of the modern game and makes me worry about its future.

And there are 11000 seats to be sold game by game if the reduced capacity is 30K. Away fans are impacted by our kids prices too. There won't be many Stoke fans rushing to pay £25 for their 7 year old in November.

For Boro only 5000 of those were sold between both sets fans. We won't sell out a single game this side of Christmas, and that's such a shame. The pricing is absolutely batshit.
Out of curiosity, how many games did we sell out this side of Christmas last season?

Ultimately, big games and a successful product will attract more fans than competitive pricing. We could’ve done kids for a quid every game in L2 and the impact on attendances would likely be minimal.

Evo1883

To play devils advocate, isn’t there a risk this is a storm in a teacup? What evidence is there that the pricing structure is deterring attendances?

We’ll likely hit a record average attendance this season despite the furore around ticket prices.

I'd say the record average attendance rise is based on team performance and not the prices , I still don't know why we can't lower kids matchday prices a little bit for to make it slightly more accessible to some families that maybe can't afford to come often

mmttww

I'd say the record average attendance rise is based on team performance and not the prices , I still don't know why we can't lower kids matchday prices a little bit for to make it slightly more accessible to some families that maybe can't afford to come often
Match Packages could be the happy medium.

letsallsingtogether

This has absolutely fuck all to do with abuse of the system. How do all other clubs cope? Why are we always the outlier?

For reference, our £25 price for kids, regardless of age, is the most expensive in the league. By a mile.

Sunderland fans have rightly kicked off about this today. They need to follow through with their boycott threats, it's the only way this changes.
Tbf Sunderland threaten to boycott us every season nothing new did the same last season.
Just horrible fans who cry about everything.

But the pricing is madness my kids have all grown up but will want to take my grandchildren up in the future can I justify 25 quid for something they may not like.

ccfc1234

Pay 50 quid for a JSB and cat a is reduced to 15 a game, but works out at 17 pound with the jsb pricing.. which is still too high for a kid imo
With the maths of £17 a game you have not factored that JSB membership is more than just the tickets. There are gifts, training days and also some family ticket vouchers for £30 in the pack and for 2 adults and 2 children for a CAT A game that would represent a huge saving.

rob9872

As the club sees it we have a kid in a seat that could be sold to an adult, but in reality many of us go as a family more than ever and the next generation need to be in the habit of going. If we sold out every week and had a waiting list then I'd understand more but we're not man utd.

2nd to whoever said it we're a club not a fekkin brand

Finally for those of us who also like to go away and with away teams reciprocating our prices, it means regardless of membership or season ticket prices, we'll get those extortionate costs too.

Hutch11

Why don't the league implement a £20 for adults , £10 for U14 for away fans across the board
As it stands at the minute it's a rip off but seemingly no one gives a fuck

hamertime

It’s very poor that the family price season tickets were capped when i guess there will be around 7k empty seats on average. They really need to nail down the away allocation. If they capped it at 3k then I’m sure there would not need to be a cap of family season
Tickets.

stupot07

Why don't the league implement a £20 for adults , £10 for U14 for away fans across the board
As it stands at the minute it's a rip off but seemingly no one gives a fuck
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if they did that, there would be uproar from home fans asking why they are having paying £30/35 for an adult for a home ticket. Why should an away fan pay significantly less than a home fan?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hamertime

It is a hard one for the club to get right I suppose. I think kids season tickets were prob a bit cheap at £50. I know a lot of people who got them anyway even though their kids might only go to a handful of games going to be a few empty sets in the family stand. Might have been better to make more available at say £125 as people more serious about going may of had a chance to get them.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If they removed the netting (Tin hat time) and put that as a home family zone for matchdays and did the same on the visitors side only allowing families in their nearest blocks could that not satisfy the gestapo.

theferret

It is a hard one for the club to get right I suppose. I think kids season tickets were prob a bit cheap at £50. I know a lot of people who got them anyway even though their kids might only go to a handful of games going to be a few empty sets in the family stand. Might have been better to make more available at say £125 as people more serious about going may of had a chance to get them.

I don't think it is difficult at all. Just don't charge young kids £25. No other club does. Even QPR let under 8s in free (inc. away fans). We're completely out of sync with the rest of the division on this.

ST pricing is a separate discussion, but matchday pricing is very hard to defend.

hamertime

I don't think it is difficult at all. Just don't charge young kids £25. No other club does. Even QPR let under 8s in free (inc. away fans). We're completely out of sync with the rest of the division on this.

ST pricing is a separate discussion, but matchday pricing is very hard to defend.
I’m hoping it can get sorted as I agree it’s wrong. I think adults getting in on kids tickets took the piss so they offered cheap kids season tickets for the genuine kids but the problem is they capped it. Now a kid can only get in on ridiculous prices.

Users who are viewing this thread