Out of contract this summer - who would you retain? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Hi - sorry if there has been such a thread already - I did look but couldn't find one. Can you lot help me fill in the list of those whose contracts are up this summer. I believe the following is correct but happy to have additions/corrections for this list:

Dunn
Wood
Cameron
Malaga
McSheffrey
Barton
Stewart
Jennings
Philiskirk
Jeffers

Loanees

Ball
Martin
Bailey

Of the above, I'd try to sign Bailey and Martin on permenant deals, without holding too much hope of success.

I'd also renew Jennings, Stewart and Cameron for another year. Wood - yes, if he drops his wages.

rob9872

Are you actually serious? Waggott not a 100% genius if this is true

Why? Barton decent and nobody gets tgem all right, especialy on free transfers. Some of you do find major fault in the smallest of errors

CJparker

Why? Barton decent and nobody gets tgem all right, especialy on free transfers. Some of you do find major fault in the smallest of errors

Well yes, therefore he is not a 100% genius if he doesn't "get them all right" - by definition.

I am not finding fault as such, but it does annoy me that some fans talk about SW like he is some kind of football transfer messiah, he has given Malaga a 3 year contract FFS. In fact, more players than not who have joined on permanent long-term deals have struggled since he joined - look at the likes of Fleck, Elliot, Kilbane, Barton, Jennings (good at times, not at others) and Malaga. Not to mention Philiskirk who appears a total waste of a wage. He does have the likes of Moussa, Clark, Edje and Adams on the positive side of the ledger however.

Also, he did persuade Cobblers to take ROD off our hands, so he can't be all bad.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Dunn - let go. There's got to be better out there for back up
Wood - hes not going to take a massive pay cut, so he'll be off
Cameron - played his last game for us. Only way he'll re-sign is if Pressley goes. And that's not likely.
Malaga - tied down to a 3 year contract. I don't personally see a problem with him, but hes into his third manager now, and none have played him. Gotta be a reason! Try and agree a pay off i say
McSheffrey - as if you have to ask!
Barton - also on a long term contract. More performances like today and he'll be an asset.
Stewart - might be worth a 1 yr contract as is capable at this level, and will be a good back up option behind Adams.
Jennings - also tied down. He's here for the long haul.
Philiskirk - cant see him staying. Not even sure why he came!
Jeffers - been on our books for too many seasons already! Has had opportunities at Nuneaton, and Tamworth. Didnt shine in those so has no chance at this level, never mind higher. Must be young players out there with better pedigree to give his wages to

Loanees

Ball - hes a trier but not the answer for us
Martin - jury is out for me. Dont think he offers anything different to what we already have on our own books. For a longer term signing, im sure theres better out there.
Bailey - seems to have gone down hill this season, rather than getting better. Still only young and has age on his side and plenty of time to improve so if we can get him free, then id sign him up.

banbury_skyblue

Aren't we forgetting Stephen Elliott?
He only signed a 1 year deal.

Works his socks off but hasn't really got the goals in him to push us back towards the championship!

Hi - sorry if there has been such a thread already - I did look but couldn't find one. Can you lot help me fill in the list of those whose contracts are up this summer. I believe the following is correct but happy to have additions/corrections for this list:

Dunn
Wood
Cameron
Malaga
McSheffrey
Barton
Stewart
Jennings
Philiskirk
Jeffers

Loanees

Ball
Martin
Bailey

Of the above, I'd try to sign Bailey and Martin on permenant deals, without holding too much hope of success.

I'd also renew Jennings, Stewart and Cameron for another year. Wood - yes, if he drops his wages.

Wood, Jennings and on todays performance Barton and Stewart are worth another chance. Would also keep Macca but more as an impact sub.

speedie87

My starting 11 next year would be

Murphy ( if we can keep)
Christie
Edge
New player required
Adams
Thomas
Barton
Fleck
Moussa
Baker
Clarke

spwaverley4916

stephen elliot should defo be given another contract - works hard, scores goals - isnt that what we need for next seasons push for promotion. him and Clarke together, given enough time, would be a great strike force imo

CJparker

I swear the manager actually signs the players! :facepalm:

So what is Waggot's role? From reading the news in the last few months, it would seem he is the man identifying targets and signing them, almost as a director of football or as a head scout i.e. AT before he became manager

Gint11

I would offload Wood and McSheffrey. Send Ball back to Derby. Obviously offload Malaga. In my opinion we need more from Jennings and Bailey so I would give them another year (meaning I would try and get Bailey on a perm). Baker, Murphy and Clarke, Cristie oustanding. Need more from Jordan Clarke.

The team next year unless more off field bullshit occurs,

Murphy

Christie, Martin, Edge, Left back??

Baker, Bailey/Barton Jennings/Fleck Left Wing??

McDonald/Wilson, Clarke.

Questions over left back and left wing - How long can Stewart play. If Sheff goes? Will be interesting to see if Wilson comes through next year.

Just not sure about Midfield centre, whether Jennings/Bailey works well enough. Need more from Barton and Fleck. Far off the mark here?

Dunn - Out
Wood - Keep
Cameron - Kepp
Malaga - Out (I like him but he isnt getting played so no point in keeping him)
McSheffrey - Out (I love Sheffers but i think its time for him to go)
Barton - Keep
Stewart - Out
Jennings - Out
Philiskirk - Keep
Jeffers - Keep

Loanees

Ball - Out
Martin - Keep
Bailey - Out

stupot07

Dunn - Out
Wood - Keep
Cameron - Kepp
Malaga - Out (I like him but he isnt getting played so no point in keeping him)
McSheffrey - Out (I love Sheffers but i think its time for him to go)
Barton - Keep
Stewart - Out
Jennings - Out
Philiskirk - Keep
Jeffers - Keep

Loanees

Ball - Out
Martin - Keep
Bailey - Out
You would keep philliskirk and Jeffers based on what?

Mucca Mad Boys

stephen elliot should defo be given another contract - works hard, scores goals - isnt that what we need for next seasons push for promotion. him and Clarke together, given enough time, would be a great strike force imo

That's factually incorrect, in about 7-8 appearances (about 5 starts) he scored 1, in the same amount of time, Clarke scored about 3-4, Elliott is painfully impotent and all he does is 'works hard'. In 24 appearances, he's scored 4, 0.16 a game. You also have to accommodate this by taking a midfielder out and switching to 4-4-2, leaving us with less quality, less control in midfield and generally makes us a weaker side.

Mucca Mad Boys

So what is Waggot's role? From reading the news in the last few months, it would seem he is the man identifying targets and signing them, almost as a director of football or as a head scout i.e. AT before he became manager

Waggot signs the players, but Thorn identifies his targets, that's the normal role of a 'Director of Football'. Example, Thorn said he wanted McG, when we signed him, Waggott said to Shaw & LC hat he was available, they said they wanted him, we sign him.

Funny how you blame shit signings on SISU and not Thorn - can you see the bigger picture with those blinkers on?

Waggott has been a good appointment, and I'd like him to remain at CCFC post-SISU. I'm not 100% but I'm sure Thorn was manager before Waggott came?

SkyBlueRabb5

Realistically what do we think the chances are of holding on to Murphy, Wood, Christie, Baker & L.Clarke? Personally I see these as the spine of a team for next season but following recent events I find it difficult to believe they'll all still be at CCFC if offers come in

I also like Thomas, Fleck, J.Clarke, Bailey +/- Elliott to have in the squad...

Users who are viewing this thread