Overson (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

As a successful businessman shouldn’t Overson know that it’s just business?

Someone buys a company and does it their way-no room for sentiment and actually we’d be calling King out if he did things the same as ‘before’.

Kudos to him for all his financials in the past but that’s where it is-that tweet just smacks of entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
They've been more than rude to him and a couple of others since they have came in i assure you.

He could have worded it better fair enough, but its a valid point. Can we remember QPR away last year where Will was begging for a ticket and ended up with the fans? Not a good look for a man supposedly minted enough to sponsor us
There's a difference between a business and an individual.

CV22SBA

I wonder if Overson and his entourage are sat in the Directors box again this season. It did make me laugh at the boro play-off everyone suited and booted but his crew in shorts, T-shirts & baseball caps.

Ccfcisparks

As a successful businessman shouldn’t Overson know that it’s just business?

Someone buys a company and does it their way-no room for sentiment and actually we’d be calling King out if he did things the same as ‘before’.

Kudos to him for all his financials in the past but that’s where it is-that tweet just smacks of entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Didn't he also host a party at his house during lockdown for all the players?

fernandopartridge

King was being funny snd positively promoting the club and the match … Overson was being bitter and sarcastic.

I don’t know either guy but Overson and his cronies have not come across well this summer.
Have a day off

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

This place is weird at times .. Overson isn't a bad bloke .. he travels absolutely everywhere to watch the city , helped the club out financially when it was on its arse and people still have a reason to dislike him ?

Weird tbh , really nice bloke
It's the bizarre trait of throwing their hat in with the latest new thing, it was the same when SISU took over.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

larry_david

It is all very weird. All I know is the players are a big fan of Overson and MR has praised him many many times in interviews over the last 4 years. Why some fans now are claiming he's some bad attitude gangsta with an entourage going around spreading lies about people is just utterly odd.

Saddlebrains

It is all very weird. All I know is the players are a big fan of Overson and MR has praised him many many times in interviews over the last 4 years. Why some fans now are claiming he's some bad attitude gangsta with an entourage going around spreading lies about people is just utterly odd.

Doesnt fit the bumming King narrative for some people though

TomRad85

Doesnt fit the bumming King narrative for some people though
Are there many King bummers on here? Most i'd say were pretty sceptical about him, not particularly helped by bogus ITK stuff, but we can't really ask much more of him atm can we? As for his brother, i think everyone recognises he's a bit odd but he seems harmless enough.

AOM

It would explain why the club had to get in emergency Gabagool last season for their corporate boxes

1691742453112.png

alexccfc99

The way I see it

Overson was very generous to the club in it’s hour of need, I think he was mad to do it but he did it out of pure love for the club and I can’t knock that

But the people who’s mistakes he had to rectify are history now, in all honesty DK doesn’t owe him anything and I think it’s only natural that some of his privileges have been scaled back following the change in regime

Deity

I don’t doubt any of that.
But it gets exaggerated….. a few weeks ago Godden and Fadz were so upset with King over Overson they wanted to leave …. This week Godden signs a new contract 😂

shmmeee

Well considering there were times we literally couldn't afford kit, coach travel and overnight stays at away games and pre season tours in the dark days and he fronted id say you should care a fair bit

Should we care about Joy as well?

Fact is putting money you can afford into the club (something we all do) doesn’t make you special I’m afraid.

I agree that Overson and Dawkins and the like have looked pretty childish since the takeover. Which was of course the time to flash the cash if you wanted an adoring fan base.

TomRad85

Will king reminds me of that energy drink bloke for some reason.same mid life crisis vibe about them.
Tbf i'd say King is more of an eccentric uncle, who, by regular person standards has managed to make a decent amount of money, all of which he'll leave to the local donkey sanctuary. Storey is a crook with no money, or at the very least, no legitimate money, surrounded by other crooks and i think would quite happily rob from his grannies purse.

Saddlebrains

Should we care about Joy as well?

Fact is putting money you can afford into the club (something we all do) doesn’t make you special I’m afraid.

I agree that Overson and Dawkins and the like have looked pretty childish since the takeover. Which was of course the time to flash the cash if you wanted an adoring fan base.

Would you have been happy if we didnt fulfill away fixtures due to not affording travel or kit at the tail end of the L2 season?

shmmeee

Would you have been happy if we didnt fulfill away fixtures due to not affording travel or kit at the tail end of the L2 season?

So, what? Now the guy can do anything?

I dunno how rich he is, but there’ll be plenty of people who spend a higher proportion of their disposable income on City on this forum.

Either give the money or don’t. Don’t give the money then expect a lifetime of special treatment while you snipe from the sidelines and send the likes of GIMOC out to bat with dodgy rumours.

skyblu3sk

The way I see it is the adulation and thanks for Overson should come from the fans and Sisu. I am completely thankful for all he did to keep us going through shit times. I have huge respect for him. I don't think King needs to give him any adulation and he can run CCFC how he wants. Doesn't need to be rude though and similarly Overson sniping in public is a bit shoddy too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fair play to Overson to giving the club cash when the then owners couldn't be arsed to do it themselves.

But at the same time he said himself he wanted nothing in return and was doing it for the love of the club. So his atitude since the takeover isn't a good look and gives an impression that actually he did expect special treatment for it and seems quite annoyed he's not getting it.

Maybe he thinks DK hasn't acknowledged his contributions in the past, but that was under different owners and like he said he wanted nothing.

Like I say, lot of time for Overson and what he's done in the past but the way he's been acting recently doesn't come across well.

nicksar

From all I have read Richard Overson has done a great deal for the club in the past (well done and thanks) but his tweet in response to Will King was imo out of order.
I recall saying it before but the best thing Doug King could do is work out how much Overson has put into the club and reimburse him.
Get the monkey off his back,and let Overson return to being a Fan just like the rest of us.

Sky Blue Pete

From all I have read Richard Overson has done a great deal for the club in the past (well done and thanks) but his tweet in response to Will King was imo out of order.
I recall saying it before but the best thing Doug King could do is work out how much Overson has put into the club and reimburse him.
Get the monkey off his back,and let Overson return to being a Fan just like the rest of us.
Think that’s exactly what is happening

long way home

This goes either way depending on results, if they go our way the noise will go away slowly and eventually ignored. The results go wrong and everyone will be out with inside knowledge and banging the drum about anything negative.

Next few weeks will be massive again for the club Robins is now up against it again. And its another start to a season that is disjointed and full of uncertainty. Lets just get behind the team and the rest will take care of itself in time.

Grendel

I don’t see why the new owners have abandoned Overson but still allow the Hatters special treatment

They just ignored the queue and went into the disabled doors and allowed straight in

Do they even pay for their tickets

Users who are viewing this thread