Match Thread Oxford United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 9th Sep (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Not making excuses. We are more than in this and I reckon oxford will be more disappointed in that half than us

More in it against one of 3 teams below us and another of those 3 being the only team we’ve beaten this season

Sorry if I feel underwhelmed

Grendel

As important a stats as us having more shots last week ?

Do you ever make point at all or just make stupid question mark statements?

cooperskyblue

For me we have a good squad with a strong squad but we are not playing like we did last year that is the problem. Need Chaplin to play off JCH and pass it on the ground which is actually when we look half decent.

Limey

I don't think we've been overly hoof ball.

JCH done ok, but need to get him to hold it up a better.

Esoterica

Why do we don’t pass the ball through the middle instead of pump it up the front?
Because the person passing it into midfield is Doyle who has taken the easy option and collected the ball off the toes of the centre back and then looks up to see Bayliss double marked and Thomas and Shipley hugging the touchlines. We're playing deep and wide and that's why we can't keep the ball. Bayliss is good but he's not good enough to dominate a stretched midfield on his own. Doyle then either hoofs it long or passes to Willis and then he hoofs it long. We're fundamentally flawed. If we have to play Doyle then we as a minimum need Shipley tucking in a bit more and the defence to play 15 yards higher up the pitch to give our midfield a chance to link defence with attack.

Grendel

Sterling for Grimmer - major tactical thinking

speedie87

Hiwula for Shipley after an hour for me, and Chaplin has got to play further forward looking to get in behind

Users who are viewing this thread