Pardew (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't imagine he will be in charge at Newcastle after tomorrow.

Terry Gibson's perm

There is no manager I hate more than him even John Gregory and Gareth Southgate are slightly better.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes he is a horrible man, the best thing he did at Newcastle was secure himself and his team an 8 year deal

Covstu

he has to go, the team hasnt won since May!! The geordies have always had dellusions of gradure but they shouldnt be that low in the table!

Terry Gibson's perm

Seems to have kept his job I can only imagine so Ashley can wind up the fans a bit more.

Otis

he has to go, the team hasnt won since May!! The geordies have always had dellusions of gradure but they shouldnt be that low in the table!

Funny old game football isn't it.

4 weeks ago couldn't buy a point for love nor money. Today? Just beaten Man City at Man City and have now won 3 straight in a row, unbeaten in 4.

Lesson to be learned re Pressley perhaps? After Oldham there were sustained callds for his head. After going 7 unbeaten we go 7 without a win.

Suddenly we have an excellent win against Peterborough. That could be just the boost we need to get our form back on track.

As I say, funny old game and there is a lot to be said for patience. Could well be Newcastle will go on another poor run, who knows, but to get things right does take time and an 'instant' fix isn't usually the answer.

Grendel

Funny old game football isn't it.

4 weeks ago couldn't buy a point for love nor money. Today? Just beaten Man City at Man City and have now won 3 straight in a row, unbeaten in 4.

Lesson to be learned re Pressley perhaps? After Oldham there were sustained callds for his head. After going 7 unbeaten we go 7 without a win.

Suddenly we have an excellent win against Peterborough. That could be just the boost we need to get our form back on track.

As I say, funny old game and there is a lot to be said for patience. Could well be Newcastle will go on another poor run, who knows, but to get things right does take time and an 'instant' fix isn't usually the answer.
Not really - Pardew is shocking in the long term and needs to go

Otis

It may well be the case, but that wasn't my point to be fair.

What I am saying is that sometimes patience is the key and I was more alluding to SP's position rather than Pardew's.

SP lost a number of key players this season and it has been a rebuilding process. When we went 7 unbeaten he wasn't the messiah and when we failed to win in 7 he wasn't suddenly the worst manager going either.

Having Reda and Johnson back just goes to prove how certain key players can be sorely missed.

Not really interested in how Pardew is doing or how bad he is, but fortunes can change very quickly in this game of football.

I just think we need to give Pressley at least a bit of time to try and get things right. Calling for his head after no wins in 7 was very much a huge overreaction to my mind.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why, on the whole Pardew is a steady performer.

Problem is that the Newcastle fans believe they should be in the champions league and cup finals every year.

He's had one fantastic year where they finished 5th, one poor year where they finished 16th and an average year where they finished 10th. The Newcastle owner isn't really interested in getting into Europe or winning cups. Pardew with Newcastle will get top 10 probably about 8 times out of 10 and probably flirt with the top 7 every now and then.

Newcastle did the same with Allardyce and sacked him and as a result they were relegated to the championship.

I don't think he's a great manager but I don't think he deserves to be sacked either.

Can't imagine he will be in charge at Newcastle after tomorrow.

Despite the unimaginable pressure from the Newcastle grossly over expectant "fans" AP has kept his dignity given his all to the club and now sits on three wins in a row and has clearly not lost the dressing room.

He has passion for the club and the players appear to want to play for him so let's back off a tad and may the good work continue after all I dread to think how another loss by SP would have been received in the same circumstances.

Otis

Despite the unimaginable pressure from the Newcastle grossly over expectant "fans" AP has kept his dignity given his all to the club and now sits on three wins in a row and has clearly not lost the dressing room.

He has passion for the club and the players appear to want to play for him so let's back off a tad and may the good work continue after all I dread to think how another loss by SP would have been received in the same circumstances.

Which is kind of my point.

Grendel

9th in the table and in the quarter finals of the cup now.

And the odious Parfew lives to fight another day

Covstu

Problem is that the Newcastle fans believe they should be in the champions league and cup finals every year.

He's had one fantastic year where they finished 5th, one poor year where they finished 16th and an average year where they finished 10th. The Newcastle owner isn't really interested in getting into Europe or winning cups. Pardew with Newcastle will get top 10 probably about 8 times out of 10 and probably flirt with the top 7 every now and then.

Newcastle did the same with Allardyce and sacked him and as a result they were relegated to the championship.

I don't think he's a great manager but I don't think he deserves to be sacked either.

I think this is the problem really unless he is winning the league he will never be good enough but fair play on him to turning it around for a few games anyway.

ccfc92

If you regularly get 50,000 at home, would you not expect more from the club? Achievements wise?

ccfc92

They have the potential to achieve more yes.

The reason why they don't is Mike Ashley

If any one could buy Newcastle off him, at a reasonable price, they could make a fortune. Easily a top 4 club with the right players.

ccfc92

Same could be said for the City in League One.

I just mean, they have the support/money to be a top 4 team, but if they buy mediocre players, when they can afford top players, they will always be a mid table team.

Unfortunately, we don't have the support or money :(

Grendel

I just mean, they have the support/money to be a top 4 team, but if they buy mediocre players, when they can afford top players, they will always be a mid table team.

Unfortunately, we don't have the support or money :(

They haven't got the money and the support is not so great when the going gets tough.

ccfc92

They haven't got the money and the support is not so great when the going gets tough.

so 50,000 average since 2001, and 43,000 in div 2, is not so great? They are the 4th best supported club in the premier league....

I don't know about their debts etc, but if 50,000 a week can't generate money to buy players, plus sponsorship, tv, global brand, then there is something seriously wrong somewhere...

SkyblueBazza

so 50,000 average since 2001, and 43,000 in div 2, is not so great? They are the 4th best supported club in the premier league....

I don't know about their debts etc, but if 50,000 a week can't generate money to buy players, plus sponsorship, tv, global brand, then there is something seriously wrong somewhere...

Therein lies the problem - who would wanna buy a club where you have to sit amongst 50000 mental Geordies every week or so? In the cold? All year round?

PUSB

SkyBlueScottie

Problem is with a club like Newcastle, they have to pay more to get better players, say a player has a choice between Arsenal and Newcastle, both offering a similar deal, the player will pick Arsenal due to being based in London and recent history of winning trophies, which means Newcastle end up paying slightly more for players who are probably not worth it in reality.

I said at the start of the season they would be fine if they got a goalscorer...

Users who are viewing this thread