Parkin arrives for medical? (1 Viewer)

covey1987

i took the piss out of my Cardiff supporting brother in law big time when they signed Parkin and his comment to me was that Dave Jones has finally lost the plot. Looks like i am about to get payback :facepalm:

ccfcway

I remember turner saying that he was a bit of a home bird and didn't like being way from home and wanted to stay in the midlands for the whole of his career. He said this when he signed a new contract.

And the managemnet said that we should look to build a team around players like Ben

:whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

Terrible, terrible, terrible signing. What on earth have we done to deserve this? Parkin makes Kevin Kyle look like a footballer. It's bad enough that we lose our best home grown CB in a decade for a pittance, but to get this tub of lard in exhange just takes the biscuit.

Why do some people think this is good business? Not missing Turner? Have people seen where we are in the table?! Compare that to where we were when he was last in the side..as ccfcway says, this is shameless capitalisation on an asset be SISU, and IMO makes a mockery of the idea that he wasn't fit all pre-season. That Ken will try and sell this as them "strengthening" the side makes me want to beat the crap out of the smug orange twat.

If they sell Lukas too, I'm getting a gun.:blue::blue:

hamil99

Facebook User
Grant Holt, isn't to quick or young and he did alrite last year.. pretty similar build too, and I'm sure, like me, most of u were weary of parkin at Preston, because he banged in goals and looked strong!....hav faith, we really need it right now!

As for the sale of juke.....i have nothing positive to say so I won't say anything at all...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Grant Holt, isn't to quick or young and he did alrite last year.. pretty similar build too, and I'm sure, like me, most of u were weary of parkin at Preston, because he banged in goals and looked strong!....hav faith, we really need it right now!

As for the sale of juke.....i have nothing positive to say so I won't say anything at all...
Yea but Parkin probably weighs about 6 stone more than Holt.

Otis

I hope Mr Parkin isn't reading all this negativity - what a welcome - even before he's put the Sky Blue shirt on !!!

I've mentioned in a previous post that his actual career goals per season is 12+ (I know its not a lot a la Kevin Philips standard but reasonably useful) and I have seen him play for Preston a few times where he was a cult figure as in their fans actually appreciated his performances.

For a big guy he can hold the ball to feet very well and can lay off with his head also

For too long we have had a succession of forwards who habitually drift out to the flanks leaving the penalty area reduced in numbers so I am sure we can capitalise using him as a goal scorer and provider of assists.

Judge him after 6-10 games and if he is not the answer I am sure the resident boo boys will let him know

So all I say at this juncture is come on big man show us what you can do as I think you might surprise one or two with your passion, commmitment and overall ability in support of our hour of need.

PUSB

Sorry but where is his 12+ goals per season?

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1998–2002 Barnsley 13 (0)
2001–2002 → Hartlepool 1 (0)
2002 → York City 18 (2)
2002–2004 York City 58 (12)
2004–2006 Macclesfield 73 (32)
2006–2007 Hull City 52 (12)
2007 → Stoke City 6 (3)
2007–2008 Stoke City 33 (3)
2008 → Preston 42 (11)
2008–2011 Preston 66 (20)
2011–Cardiff City 12 (1)

skybluegod

parking lookslike he's decent player in the vids and only time will tell if he can still score goals now if he signs for us but i i think we should give him a cnace, also a lot of people are slagging of platt on this i acctuly like him and he does play well sometimes against brough he played superb i thought.

Otis

I quite like Platt too. The only way you can accommodate Platt though is alongside a fast, pacy striker for knock downs etc. Certainly don't think Platt is suited to our style of play now. Think the same can be said for Parkin too.

96 goals in 374 games multiplied by a potential of 46 games per season = 11.81 goals per season - done this way does not penalise for injuries or sub appearances and gives a level playing field to compare other strikers

PUSB

Otis

96 goals in 374 games multiplied by a potential of 46 games per season = 11.81 goals per season - done this way does not penalise for injuries or sub appearances and gives a level playing field to compare other strikers

PUSB

Well there's stats and there's stats!! Like the multiplied by a potential 46 games!! :claping hands:

ccfcway

Parkin

In the 87 games he scored in, he has scored 96 goals

meaning an avegae of over 1 goal a game

edgy

The thing I really dislike about this transfer, is that Thorn will not have wanted it. Parkin is a makeweight in the Turner deal. Thorn has not said "Please SISU, go get me Parkin". Instead SISU have said to Thorn "Andy, Juke is being sold but we've got you Parkin to replace him without spending a penny. How brilliant are we?"

Sub

your right edgy, well we know why orange ken had the training kit on in portugal then seen as hes picking the fecking team now !!! and deciding who we are signing

samsblue

he will bring no more than platt to a game .. if we have to get rid of tunner then make it for more money than an exghange.. east wood has a better strike rate

SkyBlue_Bear83

PUSB
Parkin has never scored over 11 goals at Championship level. Your stats are skewed by one good season Parkin had in League 2 when he scored 22 goals.

Otis

Just checked his stats season by season since and he has had a few good seasons,most of them some time ago however.

2003 - 2004 - 3 goals in 28 appearances
2004 - 2005 - 26 goals in 51 appearances
2005-2006 - 14 goals in 33 appearances
2006-2007 - 10 goals in 40 appearances
2007 - 2008 - 2 goals in 32 appearances
2008 - 2009 - 12 goals in 43 appearances
2009 - 2010 - 13 goals in 46 appearances
2010 - 2011 - 8 goals in 33 appearances
2011 - 1 goal in 12 appearances

I'm still not swayed by those stats. His 2nd and 3rd seasons at York and Macclesfield between 2004 and 2006 in the lower leagues show the best return.

The CableGuy

Parkin doesnt even want to come anyway.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/parkin_not_wanting_to_leave_cardiff_698104/index.shtml

I know currently it might limited us to Bedlam Mental Hospital fc, but should we not be signing players that want to play for us?

With the state of this club, who would want to come here?

Straight replacement for the guy who has scored our only league goals to date. Yay. I'll support him (it may break my back ;)) but this isn't a signing that screams 'PROGRESS!'

Can't wait to see AT's comments on this.

Last edited:

ccfctommy

Oh will people stop going on about his goal stats. I forgot football is all about statistics.

What are Kevin Davies goal stats? Anybody? No.

If he has signed and if the Jukemeister stays then Parkin would be a good signing.

Otis

Oh will people stop going on about his goal stats. I forgot football is all about statistics.

What are Kevin Davies goal stats? Anybody? No.

If he has signed and if the Jukemeister stays then Parkin would be a good signing.

Not all about statistics of course, but based on what we know of him and what he was done historically it all points to a goal return of maybe 10-12 goals a season at best.

Surely the stats are worth debating? Did we not look at manager's previous records when we employed them?

Woz01

Parkin isnt a bad signing!!! I have seen him have some great games and i think he will work well with Jutkiewicz (if he stays). People go on about him being overweight, it didnt do Mickey Quinn any harm!

The CableGuy

Parkin isnt a bad signing!!! I have seen him have some great games and i think he will work well with Jutkiewicz (if he stays). People go on about him being overweight, it didnt do Mickey Quinn any harm!

You know why? Because he was in a team which contained players who had PACE.

We. Have. None.

ICHAN

I have the answer to all our problems on the pitch.

Most of the people on here should play because they think there better than anyone we may be linked with so if they all start playing for us we will be the barcalona of england in a couple of years.

Talk about no ones any good. Messi would have a problem convinsing some of you lot that he is any good.

Marty

I have the answer to all our problems on the pitch.

Most of the people on here should play because they think there better than anyone we may be linked with so if they all start playing for us we will be the barcalona of england in a couple of years.

Talk about no ones any good. Messi would have a problem convinsing some of you lot that he is any good.

Do I get a game if I bring my boots to the derby game?? I do genuinely think I am better then some of the players over the past few years though. :p

hill83

I think he'll do a job. I've been impressed when I've seen him before. As an addition to the squad I'd be happy. As a replacement for Juke, not so happy. But he surely can't be any worse than O'Donovan? That can't be possible? Can it?

That said, he'll need chances created for him, he's not known for his pace.

hill83

What option does he give us that Platt doesn't?

Purely from what I've seen, he's got a bit more about him technically and scores more goals.
Plus he's 29. In years and stone.

Ok after a quick check, maybe he doesn't score more goals!

Don't knock the guy before he starts - I think he will surprise a few dissenters because he will command a fair proportion of the final third of the park and hopefully not drift off to the flanks like his predecessors.

He is a 12 goal a season man who can lay off assists in equal numbers and I think you will find he is quite agile considering all the criticism of his size.

Considering the financial state of our club and the limitations on spend give this guy a chance when he wears that Sky Blue shirt

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If he scores a goal on his Cov debut (should he actually sign as its yet to be confirmed!!) like he did on his Cardiff debut ill be happy (tried to youtube it but cant find it anywhere - corker from outside the box!).

Ideally he'd get a few after his debut too :D

ccfc luke

Sign him up, any striker coming in is going to help. And hes gotta be better than platt and odonovan.

WE ARE DESPERATE, give him a chance

Users who are viewing this thread