Paying up Saturday? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Think it would be wrong of me to just put up a private message on here, but it is something along the lines of it being about a Joe Cole situation and that being the clarified terms of the bet and then Fernando changing the bet by wanting the bet on the previous terms.

To be quite honest it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Maybe Hill understood what he was saying. We both got the same PM.
I have won each charity bet on here I have done. This was also going to be an easy win. Doyle isn't a Joe Cole. And I put my amount in also. After all it is a good cause.

oucho

Literally who cares??

oucho

Would have thought you would have been all for it?
I would be....if it was in any way interesting. People arguing about a bet about Doyle, snooze zzzzz

Grendel

I would be....if it was in any way interesting. People arguing about a bet about Doyle, snooze zzzzz

Well the point is if he’d won I’d pay!

oucho

So much for your massive right and wrong morals.
Well I'm sure I would care if this was in any way interesting or anything that affected me. But it isn't / doesn't.

Unlike our owners deliberately breaking the stadium lease and forcibly trying to bankrupt their landlord, actions which made me ashamed to be a CCFC fan and mean that I celebrate any defeat they encounter which gives them what they deserve.

Nick

Administrator
Well I'm sure I would care if this was in any way interesting or anything that affected me. But it isn't / doesn't.

Unlike our owners deliberately breaking the stadium lease and forcibly trying to bankrupt their landlord, actions which made me ashamed to be a CCFC fan and mean that I celebrate any defeat they encounter which gives them what they deserve.

You seem a bit intent on telling people how much you don't care and disinteresting a simple charity bet is yet celebrate something that also doesn't really affect you in the slightest.

Might want to get your moral compass re-calibrated.

oucho

You seem a bit intent on telling people how much you don't care and disinteresting a simple charity bet is yet celebrate something that also doesn't really affect you in the slightest.

Might want to get your moral compass re-calibrated.

Didn't say Dongo was in the right, I haven't followed the thread so have no idea.

On the basis of your question, can we assume that you now agree with me that SISU were in the wrong when they decided they weren't going to pay the rent as per the entirely valid lease they'd taken on, and that it's satisfying to see them get their comeuppance?

Nick

Administrator
Didn't say Dongo was in the right, I haven't followed the thread so have no idea.

On the basis of your question, can we assume that you now agree with me that SISU were in the wrong when they decided they weren't going to pay the rent as per the entirely valid lease they'd taken on, and that it's satisfying to see them get their comeuppance?

Exactly, you have no idea about what's going on but are going out of your way to point out how you aren't interested. A bit strange isn't it?

oucho

Exactly, you have no idea about what's going on but are going out of your way to point out how you aren't interested. A bit strange isn't it?
No, I wasn't going out of my way to make a couple of posts implying why a topic that seems very niche has developed a fairly lengthy thread. It's as if the thread exists only for people to be bitchy and fling accusations at each other. It's a bit strange to me that those involved haven't got anything better to do. Or indeed that it hasn't been moderated into being a private thread rather than in the CCFC forum where it doesn't appear to belong.

Nick

Administrator
No, I wasn't going out of my way to make a couple of posts implying why a topic that seems very niche has developed a fairly lengthy thread. It's as if the thread exists only for people to be bitchy and fling accusations at each other. It's a bit strange to me that those involved haven't got anything better to do. Or indeed that it hasn't been moderated into being a private thread rather than in the CCFC forum where it doesn't appear to belong.

It's in the CCFC section as it was a charity bet about a CCFC player making so many appearances for CCFC this season.

You clearly were going out of your way, which is why it's a bit strange. Equally as strange as somebody who celebrates a court case that doesn't really impact them in any way more than results for their football team and needs 3 accounts to try and get the point across. You say it's because you like to fight for what's right and what's wrong, but then in a discussion about a charity bet you randomly go on about how you aren't interested.

Very strange.

oucho

It's in the CCFC section as it was a charity bet about a CCFC player making so many appearances for CCFC this season.

You clearly were going out of your way, which is why it's a bit strange. Equally as strange as somebody who celebrates a court case that doesn't really impact them in any way more than results for their football team and needs 3 accounts to try and get the point across. You say it's because you like to fight for what's right and what's wrong, but then in a discussion about a charity bet you randomly go on about how you aren't interested.

Very strange.
If anyone is going out of their way here it's you, which is very strange. Almost like you try and attack me every time I make a comment that you dislike. What's your problem?

P.S. would it be weird if I celebrated when Rupert Murdoch lost his court case to buy Sky? People take an emotional interest in all sorts of things that don't directly involve them. Arguably you could tell me it's weird when I celebrate us winning a game even though I have no connection with Coventry. Or when I am pleased when a certain contestant wins Strictly Come Dancing. Face it, people take an interest in things. Weird not to, really.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If anyone is going out of their way here it's you, which is very strange. Almost like you try and attack me every time I make a comment that you dislike. What's your problem?

P.S. would it be weird if I celebrated when Rupert Murdoch lost his court case to buy Sky? People take an emotional interest in all sorts of things that don't directly involve them. Arguably you could tell me it's weird when I celebrate us winning a game even though I have no connection with Coventry. Or when I am pleased when a certain contestant wins Strictly Come Dancing. Face it, people take an interest in things. Weird not to, really.

So you are now saying people take an interest in different things while you are needlessly going on about you aren't interested?

I have no interest in cricket, hence I haven't posted on a cricket thread about how disinterested I am multiple times and "who cares?" type nonsense.

It's as if MusicDating predicted some more irony further back.

oucho

I have no interest in cricket, hence I haven't posted on a cricket thread about how disinterested I am multiple times and "who cares?" type nonsense.

So it's nonsense to question why people might be interested in a topic. Sorry that you take exception to that.

Users who are viewing this thread