People That Dislike Football (1 Viewer)

Otis

So, Different Strokes and Express Yourself are going to be album tracks, or B sides ?

Covstu

For me its the superiority complex. Hate football so you must be a thug for watching it, rugby players don’t dive about like football so it’s better etc.
It’s the need to prove something else is better. I have no issue with people disliking it, each to their own but don’t try and ram that view down my throat! Just like friggin vegans!

Otis

For me its the superiority complex. Hate football so you must be a thug for watching it, rugby players don’t dive about like football so it’s better etc.
It’s the need to prove something else is better. I have no issue with people disliking it, each to their own but don’t try and ram that view down my throat! Just like friggin vegans!
Hey!! What's wrong with vegans?????

giphy.gif

Otis

Mrs Wisdom has just asked why Pogba is playing for Norway.

I've pointed out that...

He isn't.

Try as I might, I can't confuse the Nigerians for that typical Norwegian look:banghead:
They all look the same though don't they, these Norwegians!

dancers lance

So, Different Strokes and Express Yourself are going to be album tracks, or B sides ?
Is was thinking more "bonus tracks" on the ridiculously over priced, "collectors edition" of our first album press.

covmark

I think it's a bit strong for me to say I dislike football now, but personally I couldn't give a toss about the World Cup and haven't yet watched a match, and I don't intend to change any of my plans in order to watch England etc.

It's just a complete load of bollocks. Everyone knows Russia and Qatar bribed their way to hosting the world cups, FIFA pretty much acknowledged it, but basically said "well it's done now so get on with it".

Hero-worship of players who don't deserve it. Ronaldo. Yes he's a fantastic player, and it doesn't even matter that he's a complete arsehole. He's a cheat (not singling him out, he's no worse than Suarez/Neymar/Sterling). But they have all the talent in the world, and they pretend to be hurt and dive on the floor. I'm lucky to have got out of football into a couple of other sports (to a decent level) where the material rewards aren't so high, and football is just so far removed from how I see sport, it's just a glorified soap opera. People wanking themselves into a frenzy about Spain vs Portugal.... Ronaldo's hat trick... one was a penalty, the other rolled through the keepers legs, yes the free kick was fantastic.... Spains goal... hardly total football, there were at least a couple of lucky bobbles.... the commentators would have us believe we have just witnessed another Brazil vs Italy 1982.

Saudi Arabia... absolutely dogshit... is that the best the extensive Asian qualifying tournament can offer. In 2026 there's going to be another 5 Asian teams. 16 groups of 3 with the top two going through. So after a round of the world cup, we are down to.... 32 teams.... absolute farce.

Obviously from my post the passion for the game is still there, and I'll always support city, and my passion for Italian football is still there.... but best sport in the world.... is it buggery.
What tripe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

It doesn't bother me if somebody doesn't like football, it's easier than speaking to some dickhead who says they like football but only ever watches it on telly.
That said, always build up a rapport quickly with people who are genuine football fans, especially at work.

dancers lance

It doesn't bother me if somebody doesn't like football, it's easier than speaking to some dickhead who says they like football but only ever watches it on telly.
That said, always build up a rapport quickly with people who are genuine football fans, especially at work.
It doesn't bother me either If someone doesn't like like football, the thing is, a majority then go on to give the (rather uneducated reason) why the don't, this usually consists of a rather passive-aggressive diatribe consisting of sweeping, negative generalisations against anyone that does.

Ashdown

I'm really enjoying the football but being a club over country man predominantly know that it is an upturn in the fortunes of CCFC that has re ignited the passion, nothing else !
I'm ok with people not liking football but I know guys who cannot support any team sport and to me that's a bit odd !

dancers lance

I'm really enjoying the football but being a club over country man predominantly know that it is an upturn in the fortunes of CCFC that has re ignited the passion, nothing else !
I'm ok with people not liking football but I know guys who cannot support any team sport and to me that's a bit odd !
I think supporting a team, whatever sport, has a lot to do with the natural, tribal instinct of man. It has a lot to do with being proud of your city, town, village, tribe etc...and the act of uniting in a group with fellow brethren harps back to the basic need for pack security and celebration.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am not a big fan of international football so wil watch the odd game but won’t be desperately sad if I miss a few, will be missing the match on Monday as I will be at work.

bringbackrattles

I always think of vegetarianism as a missed steak.
In the paper today an article that featured veganism. It went on to say there is something called : Indian Jainism. People who follow this are called Jain's,and they won't eat root vegetables because when they're pulled out of the ground,tiny organisms might die. They also sweep away insects on the floor, as to not step on them and kill them. WTF !

skyblueinBaku

In the paper today an article that featured veganism. It went on to say there is something called : Indian Jainism. People who follow this are called Jain's,and they won't eat root vegetables because when they're pulled out of the ground,tiny organisms might die. They also sweep away insects on the floor, as to not step on them and kill them. WTF !
When I was living in Moscow, a mate of mine had neighbours who were Jains. His flat was getting infested with cockroaches coming from their flat.

Otis

You not seen Notting Hill? Hugh Grant's character dates a fruitarian.

bringbackrattles

A customer of mine who's a bit of a fatty never eats fruit and vegetables, he lives on biscuits,cake, and sweets. I'm not joking he lives on sugary stuff !

Otis

A customer of mine who's a bit of a fatty never eats fruit and vegetables, he lives on biscuits,cake, and sweets. I'm not joking he lives on sugary stuff !
It was a problem I had when I became a vegetarian and that was of my not liking vegetables.

bringbackrattles

It was a problem I had when I became a vegetarian and that was of my not liking vegetables.
The old lady who lived next door to him would try and get him to eat healthy and invite him for meals. But he would politely decline her invites, but he would go round to eat cake/biscuits with cups of tea. She died a year or two ago aged 92, I told him she got to that age because she ate well. But he rejected that saying there's no evidence that diet will extend a life, as he walked off eating a big bar of chocolate !

Users who are viewing this thread