People That Dislike Football (1 Viewer)

wingy

The old lady who lived next door to him would try and get him to eat healthy and invite him for meals. But he would politely decline her invites, but he would go round to eat cake/biscuits with cups of tea. She died a year or two ago aged 92, I told him she got to that age because she ate well. But he rejected that saying there's no evidence that diet will extend a life, as he walked off eating a big bar of chocolate !
He's obviously a Flat Earth denier.

shmmeee

It’s shit like I saw on FB the other day that bothers me;

“Why would I watch eleven millionaires kicking a bag of wind about?”

Two days after a post about how the new Marvel movie is awesome! That’s tens of millionaires playing make believe FFS!

You can make literally any human endeavour sound pointless, it’s such a snide load of bollocks. You aren’t better than everyone else and you haven’t uncovered some great universal truth, you’re just a bit of a dick.

pastythegreat

Ha this just made me chuckle
12f83bf9a615ef9183438670a3c6435c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

I cant be arsed with football on TV most of the time.....22 milionaires kicking a ball around....then the Leics prick talking about what I have just watched....no thanks. But I love watching live football.....

bringbackrattles

People stop me in the street and talk to me about football, many of my customers talk football with me, I write about football. I also talk about music, bands I've seen and listen to. People I get on with like football as do all my mates, my son has been brought up with football and music. That's life sorted out then !

ajsccfc

It’s shit like I saw on FB the other day that bothers me;

“Why would I watch eleven millionaires kicking a bag of wind about?”

Two days after a post about how the new Marvel movie is awesome! That’s tens of millionaires playing make believe FFS!

You can make literally any human endeavour sound pointless, it’s such a snide load of bollocks. You aren’t better than everyone else and you haven’t uncovered some great universal truth, you’re just a bit of a dick.
100% this. People can like or dislike anything, it's when they start making out that things they don't like have no merit they can fuck off.

Manchester_sky_blue

My Dad's not a football fan, he never has been. He will watch any form of motorsport though, literally anything. I don't think he hates it as such, just doesn't have an interest. Cars are his passion in general so consequently motor racing is his sport of choice as well.

Otis

Think that's why I have never had an interest in cars. Growing up we never had one. Got my first car at 18, but it was just a runaround and they have been runarounds ever since.

Therefore, zero appeal.

I think a lot depends on how you were brought up and what your dad was into etc. Can have a massive impact.

Manchester_sky_blue

Think that's why I have never had an interest in cars. Growing up we never had one. Got my first car at 18, but it was just a runaround and they have been runarounds ever since.

Therefore, zero appeal.

I think a lot depends on how you were brought up and what your dad was into etc. Can have a massive impact.
Exactly this. My Grandad lived and breathed cars and bikes so my Dad did too and still does. I share his love of cars but i've never been quite so enthusiastic about motorsport as he is. I like going to watch touring car with him and he took me to the Monaco GP when i was a kid which was amazing, something i'll never forget but i still don't feel the urge to get up a 4am to watch qualifying live like he does.

bezzer

I rarely watch footy on the TV these days, prefer to listen to 5Live. Even better this world cup as Alan Green isn't part of the BBC team!

oakey

Football is more popular than live music. Random but true. Kids at my school are only vaguely interested in either.
They are into gaming, YouTube and social media. Football and live music might fade a little in the coming decades, in this country anyway.

skyblueinBaku

Football is more popular than live music. Random but true. Kids at my school are only vaguely interested in either.
They are into gaming, YouTube and social media. Football and live music might fade a little in the coming decades, in this country anyway.
So the kids at your school are only interested in staring at a screen.

Monners

I rarely watch footy on the TV these days, prefer to listen to 5Live. Even better this world cup as Alan Green isn't part of the BBC team!
Same here. and a100 likes on top for the bit about Alan Green - can't stand the horrible fat stump.

shmmeee

I never saw that when I taught, every non geeky lad loved football. Live music not so much but was that ever that popular among younger teens?

When I say football I mean Top Six Premiership obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread