Peterborough Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

Tudgay, Cole, Ricketts and MAF may have another year if they want in football, Hunt, Henderson and Ramage should be put out to pasture now its painful watching Henderson, he is so close to a pub player its unbelievable. I also cant see us watching Bigi, C Thomas, Lorentzen, Fleck, Reda, Burge or Phillips in a city shirt after the season finishes either. This will leave us with RCC, Stokes, Martin, Willis, Haynes, Lamires, Jones, Vincelot and the Bulgarian as the experienced league players within the squad.

TM or However then needs to look at Sambou, Stevenson, Harries, Kelly Evans, Finch, Lawton and G Thomas and work out who goes how stays and can push into a 1st team shirt. Lots to do some big decisions and a summer of trying to build a team that can compete over a season not till Christmas.

James Smith

Mate of mine just summed up this evening:

We got crucified today and should look to the resurrection for the next game.

H

Huckerby

Would it have been a different game tonight with Armstrong and Maddison and Stevens? Probably.
I don't like that people are tearing j to vincelot. He was out of position and the rest of the defence were shite. I usually rate him and his work ethic too. All I know is that I justify it to myself after every game. The fact is its what, 8 losses in 12 now?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ibby

Coventry's eighth defeat in 12 games leaves them in ninth place, still just three points shy of the League One play-off places.

Great_Expectations

It's absolute shit that we lost, and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but we actually played well for the first 35. I get a game is 90 mins etc etc, but the point is, we still have it within us to dominate.

I would be more despondent than I already am, if we had lost 3 1 and were played off the park.

Its a tough tough ask, but the season is not yet over.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Too many half-hearted shots at goal, their keeper played well but shouldn't have been given the chance to save some of the efforts.

James Smith

Bloody brilliant news: the chippy is still open.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It's absolute shit that we lost, and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but we actually played well for the first 35. I get a game is 90 mins etc etc, but the point is, we still have it within us to dominate.

I would be more despondent than I already am, if we had lost 3 1 and were played off the park.

Its a tough tough ask, but the season is not yet over.

Teams who dominate 30-40 / 90 mins won't get very far!

Otis

Too many half-hearted shots at goal, their keeper played well but shouldn't have been given the chance to save some of the efforts.
Exactly my thinking too!

Keeper played well, but let's not be thinking he kept them in the game. The saves he made were all saveable and not blinders.

He played really well but out shot selection was very, very poor.

As you say, had the shots been hit correctly he wouldn't have had the opportunity to save them.

ccfcway

TM - "play as well as we did tonight and I will be reasonably happy we are moving in the right direction"

SkyBlue_Bear83

Depends how many goals we score when we are on top doesn't it. Dominating for 30-40 minutes is a large chunk of the match and if the rest of the match is pretty even you would expect to win more often than not.

One of the things I always liked under Robins was that we when we were on top we were ruthless, when we got a sniff of blood we went in for the kill. Some matches we'd only have a good 15 minutes but would score 2/3 goals in that time to win the match, so many times under Robins we scored one and the second and third goals quickly followed after. This team doesn't have that same instinct at the moment..

Great_Expectations

I understand that - you read the post, it's clearly not the point I'm making.

The fact we showed we can play well is a positive out of an otherwise despressing night. We proved we still have have the ability to perform, it's a platform, so it's a step in a positive direction, rather than a 90 minute battering with zero hope of anything different to come.

Im attempting to be optimistic and clutch at straws, let me please!

Otis

Basically, the normal thing is to score when you are on top.

You will always get the breakaway out of the blue goals of course, but both teams usually get a period of being on top in games. What you have to do is to make it count when you have the upper hand.

You know when the opposition have their periods of play they will usually create chances.

It just seemed so apparent today that we were missing really, really good chances and that we would probably pay for it as the game wore on.

It had a tremendous sense of predictability about it tonight unfortunately. You didn't need to be a soothsayer to see what was coming.

tisza

what was poor was that we gifted them the goals & opportunities by not switching from playing the ball around the back tojust concentrating on clearing it. far too easy for their mids & striker to close us down at the back and force mistakes.

Otis

Still no.bottle or fight at all
Exactly right, Nick.

We have the technical ability, but no backbone. It's something we have lacked for years now.

We need the same team spirit as Burton. We need to be a team that never knows when it is beat.

How many times this season have we come from behind to go on to win?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Exactly right, Nick.

We have the technical ability, but no backbone. It's something we have lacked for years now.

We need the same team spirit as Burton. We need to be a team that never knows when it is beat.

How many times this season have we come from behind to go on to win?

3 times I think, Burton, Peterborough at home, Colchester away

All in the first half of the season

Otis

Last time we came from behind was in December against Chesterfield. That was to earn a draw.

Before that I think it was Peterborough, where we won.

We go a goal behind we nearly always lose. That is a team with no backbone.

dongonzalos

Love Jones. Looks quality.
Outrageous robbery of a result.
Rickets is a CB not a full back for me. Out of position for the second.
MAF walking off the back post for the first (basics)
Keep Mowbray. Let's see what his team can do next season.

Otis

what was poor was that we gifted them the goals & opportunities by not switching from playing the ball around the back tojust concentrating on clearing it. far too easy for their mids & striker to close us down at the back and force mistakes.
All their goals were gifted by us.

The only good goal of the game was ours.

Scant reward.

H

Huckerby

Love Jones. Looks quality.
Outrageous robbery of a result.
Rickets is a CB not a full back for me. Out of position for the second.
MAF walking off the back post for the first (basics)
Keep Mowbray. Let's see what his team can do next season.
Agree RE Mowbray. He's not perfect but think he deserves another season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread