Petition now 6,000 (2 Viewers)

Voice_of_Reason

As someone who has followed CCFC for 62 years IN COVENTRY and now aged 71 I will do everything possible to persuade CCFC to remain in Coventry -- that's why I am so tenacious in promoting this petition. KEEP IT GOING !

WillieStanley

I genuinely have all the time in the world for The Saints. They really have been supportive of our plight. From the SISU Out banner in their end during the FA Cup Clash to the SISU Out banner on the pitch during their celebratory promotion pitch invasion.

It was so close to being them in this situation and stuck with this lot. I hope we'd be as accommodating and supportive had it been the other way round.

Of course if I was going to nit pick though, the least they could do is loan Danny Fox back!!

I genuinely have all the time in the world for The Saints. They really have been supportive of our plight. From the SISU Out banner in their end during the FA Cup Clash to the SISU Out banner on the pitch during their celebratory promotion pitch invasion.

It was so close to being them in this situation and stuck with this lot. I hope we'd be as accommodating and supportive had it been the other way round.

Of course if I was going to nit pick though, the least they could do is loan Danny Fox back!!

Lots of kind words on that thread and the one guy being negative about it is being shouted down.

Very impressed.

Nonleagueherewecome

And refuse to let us have Aaron Martin back!

kg82

Nice one wfc.

The saints fans have shown class towards us Willie. Like you say, if it was the other way round, I'd hope we would do the same. Brilliant stuff from them. I wouldn't even blame the one being negative, he may be right. However, we have to try!

Danceswithhorses

Have signed myself and have rounded up a number of Saddlers to sign for you as well.
Good man...have a soft spot for Walsall myself.
Had a couple of mates who lived in Streetly and i used to go up to the Bescot when i wasnt following Cov...used to love their balti pies.
Not so sure about the nightlife in Walsall tho...mind you this was some time ago lol

WFC

No probs. We might all enjoy a bit a banter between fans of different clubs but underneath that if you are a true football fan there are things that bind us all together and a sense of what's right and justice for other fans is one of them. Any one who's been a Saddler for any length of time will remember how we had to fight to keep our team in our town.

Coventry city belongs to the people of Coventry and therefore belongs in Coventry. This is the one truth that surpasses all other arguments about who's right, who's wrong, what will bring success, what won't. But you must fight for it, put this first all other issues will be resolved one way or another but once you move it could be for longer than you think. Rules about it being short term tend to get bent for the confidence of the situation at the time in the future.

bigfatronssba

No probs. We might all enjoy a bit a banter between fans of different clubs but underneath that if you are a true football fan there are things that bind us all together and a sense of what's right and justice for other fans is one of them. Any one who's been a Saddler for any length of time will remember how we had to fight to keep our team in our town.

Coventry city belongs to the people of Coventry and therefore belongs in Coventry. This is the one truth that surpasses all other arguments about who's right, who's wrong, what will bring success, what won't. But you must fight for it, put this first all other issues will be resolved one way or another but once you move it could be for longer than you think. Rules about it being short term tend to get bent for the confidence of the situation at the time in the future.

Forgive my ignorance WFC, but what happened at Walsall so that you had to fight to keep the team in the town?

WFC

Forgive my ignorance WFC, but what happened at Walsall so that you had to fight to keep the team in the town?

There's a long history behind it including using WFC to financially prop up Blues at one stage who were in extreme danger of going bust. Basically there was a plan to get us to ground share with Blues in 1986 which was ultimately stopped by a mass fans movement fighting against it, a number of the key fans involved ending up as part of the new management for the club, e.g our commercial director who has just retired last week.

If you look us up on wikipedia the story is in the history section on there. Might be interesting for you as it also contains a cautionary tales about multimillionaire shining knights in armor.

There was also an earlier attempt to move us to Wolves. See link below.

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=21429

If you read the full story in the link above, the interesting thing for you will be that it was ultimately the fan power pressure that basically embaressed the Football League into blocking the move away from Walsall.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

30,000 for the JPT semi, 6000 signatures to stop the team being taken out of there home city. LETS BE AVIN YOU !!!!!!!!!

bigfatronssba

There's a long history behind it including using WFC to financially prop up Blues at one stage who were in extreme danger of going bust. Basically there was a plan to get us to ground share with Blues in 1986 which was ultimately stopped by a mass fans movement fighting against it, a number of the key fans involved ending up as part of the new management for the club, e.g our commercial director who has just retired last week.

If you look us up on wikipedia the story is in the history section on there. Might be interesting for you as it also contains a cautionary tales about multimillionaire shining knights in armor.

There was also an earlier attempt to move us to Wolves. See link below.

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=21429

If you read the full story in the link above, the interesting thing for you will be that it was ultimately the fan power pressure that basically embaressed the Football League into blocking the move away from Walsall.

Few years before my time hence why I didn't know.

Very interesting story, and the sort of thing that binds football fans of all clubs together.

Matty07uk

As a Saints fan have signed your petition and trust me if we had our way we would drive Danny fox to your ground. Alright a bit harsh on the guy as he always tries hard but out of his depth in the Premiership. Suspect Aaron martin will be released this summer and would be a great signing on a free for you guys, Danny will be free as well but will want to much money I'm afraid.

By the way ignore the odd numpty on our site, every club has them, vast majority of saints fans have a lot of sympathy for you guys and aside from the clowns you have running the club at the moment see you as a decent club who deserve better.

Brighton Sky Blue

As a Saints fan have signed your petition and trust me if we had our way we would drive Danny fox to your ground. Alright a bit harsh on the guy as he always tries hard but out of his depth in the Premiership. Suspect Aaron martin will be released this summer and would be a great signing on a free for you guys, Danny will be free as well but will want to much money I'm afraid.

By the way ignore the odd numpty on our site, every club has them, vast majority of saints fans have a lot of sympathy for you guys and aside from the clowns you have running the club at the moment see you as a decent club who deserve better.

Won't ever forget the way your fans treated us last April, from the folks carrying 'SISU Out' banners to our end and applauding us, to the half dozen Saints fans who spent the whole train ride back reminiscing about the PL and wanting us back up with them.

A class act, the lot of you.

WillieStanley

Won't ever forget the way your fans treated us last April, from the folks carrying 'SISU Out' banners to our end and applauding us, to the half dozen Saints fans who spent the whole train ride back reminiscing about the PL and wanting us back up with them.

A class act, the lot of you.
;)

Well... I thought that too... Until I read the badmouthing of Danny Fox!!!

KersleyDigs

Saints are my second team. Great bunch of fans! My inlaws are all season ticket holders so i'm at St Mary's a few times a year.

Those who think the Fox comments are harsh, I can confirm that he's no Luke Shaw and gives a lot of goals away!

@richh87

Have signed, put it on Facebook, and emailed it to a load of people.

Everyone else should do the same.

(I wish this was a SISU out petition though)

Users who are viewing this thread