Player ratings (1 Viewer)

long way home

MVE, COH, Sheaf all 8.5
Allen, Simms, Kitching 8
7.5 everyone else

We are tough, solid and never give up. We play with good intentions to try to play the right way. Very good performance against a good side, but that is now being said every week....

steve101

Collins 7
Van Ewijk 8
Thomas 6
Kitching 6
Bidwell 6
Eccles 7
Sheaf 9
O'Hare 9 motm
Palmer 6
Sakamoto 7
Godden 6

Allen 7
Dasilva 6
Simms 6

DannyThomas_1981

I enjoy what I'm seeing from Simms. Not perfect at all but you can see the potential in that short cameo. Going to be an important player for us.

Eccles is really developing as well - Eccles/Sheaf now working nicely with O'Hare in the team and providing the outlet. The development of Josh over the last 12 months is brilliant. Adi knows a player when he sees one.

We more than matched that lot today in the first half (effectively a Prem outfit) and that was without the menace of Wright and Torpy added into the mix.

A very exciting few months ahead. Team playing with confidence, technical players all over the pitch, team spirit looks amazing. Credit to Robins and his team for bringing this all together - we had a very rocky time earlier this season and he has steered the ship right back.

ms639

Ben sheaf was a 10/10 today. One of the most complete performances I’ve ever seen. Limited ‘the best player in the league’ to absolutely nothing. Won turn overs of possession god knows how many times.
Slotted in defensively when any of the CBs advanced, absolutely phenomenal. He truly was fucking everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Usual nonsense and total lack of comprehending the game. Happy I assume that the taxis you moronically dialled in didn't turn up?

Hardly nonsense - as we have established your rating of players in the past hardly enhances your credibility - have you seen what others rated Palmer today?

DannyThomas_1981

Hardly nonsense - as we have established your rating of players in the past hardly enhances your credibility - have you seen what others rated Palmer today?
I personally would have given your man Jackett a 10 if he'd been in the dugout and had turned us around.

Thank fcuk he isn't and the club kept with Robbins.

Grendel

I personally would have given your man Jackett a 10 if he'd been in the dugout and had turned us around.

Thank fcuk he isn't and the club kept with Robbins.

You are avoiding the question and ranting Danny

Mucca Mad Boys

MR. 10/10

Perfect team selection, perfect tactics, perfectly timed subs!

Well done gaffer.

MR 100% took losing Manager of the Month to Enzo Maresca personally. Squeaky Robins strikes again!

Leicester didn’t offer much in the first half and if they play like that in the Prem, they will go straight back down.

tokyojim

Collins 7: Very solid. A number of good saves. Passing out made me nervous at times.
Bidwell 6: Solid.
Thomas 6.5 A bit shaky at times and got caught on the wrong side a couple of times.
Kitching 7: This guy is class. The whole defense was very solid.
van Ewijk 8: So fast. Great goal.
Eccles 7: Surprised he came off but Allen did really well.
Sheaf 9: He was everywhere. I don't understand why he doesn't take corners.
O'Hare 9. Excellently taken goals. He didn't even break his stride for the second.
Sakamoto 8.5: Love watching this guy. He must be building quite a reputation amongst the other teams. Ripped his guy to shreds.
Godden 7.5: Lots of unsung work going on.
Palmer 7 first half, 6 for the second

Allen 7
DaSilva 8: Excellent movement
Simms 8: Really made a difference.

Robins 9: I was very worried he was leaving it too late to bring Simms on but you can't argue with the result. If the current rules mean that is a pen then I don't really know how defenders are going to defend. I was thinking what a great tackle it was when the ref blew for the pen. I can't imagine Robins will encourage him to do anything different in future. The red was harsh and probably wouldn't be given most of the time. Maybe the ref realized he got it wrong and was evening things up.

mark82

Surprised some of the MVE ratings aren't higher. Had Mavididi in his pocket all first half until they had to bring him off at half time (more due to red card I assume). Thought he was excellent and obviously scored too.

Martin180

Surprised some of the MVE ratings aren't higher. Had Mavididi in his pocket all first half until they had to bring him off at half time (more due to red card I assume). Thought he was excellent and obviously scored too.
I’m surprised at the amount of low ratings across the team . Thought most deserved a high 7 /8 only exceptions were Thomas who started slowly and Palmer who faded badly second half but both worthy of at least 6.5

Cally Fedora

Palmers problem today was twofold. He made quite a few poor decisions in terms of pass or carry on dribbling and also the critical touch in a lot of his involvement was heavy. It led to him getting frustrated for his yellow. He is a threat but the end product needs to improve a % or two.

pusbccfc

Palmer was poor and showed against strong teams at this level he does have obvious weaknesses. We would have lost if he played 90 minutes - a seven minimum is laughable

Didn't help that he kept getting fouled

stupot07

Palmers problem today was twofold. He made quite a few poor decisions in terms of pass or carry on dribbling and also the critical touch in a lot of his involvement was heavy. It led to him getting frustrated for his yellow. He is a threat but the end product needs to improve a % or two.
I'd add there's was a fair few times in both halves where the ball was played into his feet in which he was odds on to get first, but the Pereira managed to get in front of him to nick it off him before he got it, where we really needed him to hold it up and protect it. It's something Wright had started doing really well before his injury.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Haven't read this thread but that Eccles touch second half from Palmers 'shot' that went towards the corner flag.

Wow!
Yep great moment and Thomas bringing a ball out the sky and playing it back to Collins second half
I hope other teams get in Leicester faces and rough them up a bit

Mucca Mad Boys

Palmer was great first half, direct, linked with Cal well. Second half and a bit towards the end of the first, they seems to hit him earlier and it meant he couldn’t get into his flow. Should have come off earlier IMO.
Generally, Leicester killed the game in the first 15-25m of the half.

Allen for Eccles was a good tactical decision because Allen gets into spaces and is more direct with his passing than Sheaf and Eccles. We could afford to be more risky in the second half.

JDS made an impact too, Bidwell was good on the counter in the first half, but we needed to switch up to a more possession based game.

Likewise with Simms, was more direct and nuisance for the Leicester defence.

All around, very good decisions made by MR today!

David O'Day

Palmer was poor and showed against strong teams at this level he does have obvious weaknesses. We would have lost if he played 90 minutes - a seven minimum is laughable
Cheer up mate

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

harvey098

MR 10
I honestly dont know how he keeps improving us. I wonder what the record number of years a manger has continually improved a finishing position.. MR has done 6 in a row and on course for 7... I'd be surprised if that wasn't close to a record

slowpoke

Only top managers do it, go back in football history there’s not that many famous names like Busby, Shankly, Cloughie, Sir Alex.
I’m not saying Robins is up there with them but he has built and re-built five squads half the time with his hands tied behind his back. Three promotions three Wembley trips in six years.
And he’s a dignified chap, just imagine the frustration working for those sisu twerps, it must have caused him awake at night half the time.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Palmer was great first half, direct, linked with Cal well. Second half and a bit towards the end of the first, they seems to hit him earlier and it meant he couldn’t get into his flow. Should have come off earlier IMO.
This is the problem, he often fades towards the end of the first half in games and 2nd half he slows us down a lot when he’s on the ball.

I like him as a player and for all the skill and ability to unlock defences he has, it’s painful that he can barely last 45 minutes

shmmeee

This is the problem, he often fades towards the end of the first half in games and 2nd half he slows us down a lot when he’s on the ball.

I like him as a player and for all the skill and ability to unlock defences he has, it’s painful that he can barely last 45 minutes

He’s a great impact sub and there’s nowt wrong with that.

robbiethemole

Why do we have to rate players at all???? They all played well as a team and just enjoy the feeling of beating those fucking inbred, bin-dippers and rubbing their noses in it

lewys33

Collins 6.5 (had little to do)
MVE 8
Kitching 7
Thomas 7
Bidwell 7
Eccles 7
Sheaf 8.5 (quality but COH better for the full 90 for me)
Sakamoto 7.5
COH 9
Palmer 5.5 (must have seen 4/5 1st or 2nd touches go miles and he was quite hot headed, had to be pulled off)
Godden 7

Subs:
Allen 7
Simms 8 (Leicester genuinely looked scared of him, big part in the 2nd goal build up, it’s a shame he isn’t scoring as he’s playing really well)
DaSilva 7

Mark Robins for making the correct changes at the correct time 10

slowpoke

I have to mention manager Robins, had the perfect tactics, dominated Leicester nearly all first half and not panic with the penalty decision sometimes gets stick about his suspensions including from me at times but todays were perfect and perfect timing, brought pace to a tired defence remember premier players and picked Leicester off and in his interview you could sense he knew he would.
Great performance from him and his crew today

Users who are viewing this thread