Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Burge - 7.5 excellent save at the end and some excellent catching
Thompson - 7.5 tired but did really well and can see why he started ahead of Grimmer
Brown - 6.5 much better than last week. Poor for the goal
Willis - 7.5 played through the pain and better of the centre halves today
Davies - 7 carrying an injury and lost out a couple of times to their number 9
Hiwula - 6 bad miss and it knocked his confidence. Surprised Chaplin went off and not him
Doyle - 7 really kept going very well lovely to score.
Agogo - 6 looked to struggle playing defensive mid. Second half stepped forward and looked better
Thomas - 8 my mom. So deserved a goal but his dribbling and passing was really above this level
Jch - 6 thought he was poor today. Should have been replaced with 15 to go.
Chaplin - 7 some excellent link up play and movement. Surprised he went off

Subs

Jones - 6 shot made the goal for Doyle. Still not up to speed a fit Jones would Male a hige difference
Kelly - 7 thought he really drove us forward - a fit Kelly would make a difference too

Last edited:

Cavan O'Doherty

Burge-7
Thompson-6
Willis-7
Davies-7
Brown-6
Doyle-5
Agogo-5
Thomas-7.5
Hiwula-5
Clarke Harris-6
Chaplin-6

Jones-6
Kelly-7

Grendel

Burge 7
Thompson 6
Davies 5
Willis 7
Brown 6
Doyle 5
Ogogo 5
Hiwula 4
Chaplin 6
Clarke Harris 6
Thomas 8

Kelly 6
Jones 7

pusbccfc

Burge 7
Thompson 6
Davies 5
Willis 7
Brown 6
Doyle 5
Ogogo 5
Hiwula 4
Chaplin 6
Clarke Harris 6
Thomas 8

Kelly 6
Jones 7

Agree with every one of those.

Hiwula was very poor today.

Grendel

stupot07

Burge 8
Thompson 6
Willis 8
Davies 6.5
Brown 6
Doyle 6
Ogogo 5
Thomas 8
Hiwula 5
JCH 5
Chaplin 5

Subs
Jones 6
Kelly 7

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I thought Thompson did well - he’s inexperienced and got out of position and tired a bit in the second half but we hardly can count sterling’s absence as a factor today as he replaced him adequately

speedie87

Burge 7
Thompson 6 didn’t give us much going forward but otherwise ok for young lad whose basically a centre half
Willis 7 decent as always these days
Davies 7 as above
Brown 6
Thomas 7 lively but still poor finishing and decision making in the box
Doyle 7
Ogogo 5 he can,t pass
Hiwula 6 shocking miss first half
Chaplin 5 still want to see him trying to get in behind and living in the box not coming deep all the time , it gives us no outlet when defending
JCH 7 think he cleared almost every corner but didn’t really get a chance in front of goal

Jones 6
Kelly 7

Covstu

Burge 7
Thompson 6
Willis 7.5
Davies 6.5
Brown 6
Doyle 6
Ogogo 5
Thomas 7.5
Hiwula 4.5
JCH 5
Chaplin 5

Subs
Jones 5
Kelly 6

Skybluefaz

Did you add 4 on Doyle because of his goal?
Nah he was on an 8 for the first half performance where I think he dominated possession and used the ball really well. Set piece delivery was good. Second half, ok he wasn't as good drop a mark off. But I give him a 9 overall for his desire and fitness. For a man of his age to keep driving on and get into the box to get the late equaliser is phenomenal. He was at it in terms of the dark arts as well today against a good side. We needed that.

Grendel

Nah he was on an 8 for the first half performance where I think he dominated possession and used the ball really well. Set piece delivery was good. Second half, ok he wasn't as good drop a mark off. But I give him a 9 overall for his desire and fitness. For a man of his age to keep driving on and get into the box to get the late equaliser is phenomenal. He was at it in terms of the dark arts as well today against a good side. We needed that.

He was poor in the first half - dark arts? What rolling around pretending he was injured which was just a cringe moment?

Get real

lord_garrincha

I thought, aerially, Thompson was superb. Knew what he was doing defending but didn't have a clue going forward, which is reasonable being a CB. I thought our attackers were poor to not support him when he was taking attacking throw ins mind... although it shows they are used to a better level in that position in Sterling.

lord_garrincha

Doyle got the goal, but it was his ball to Hiwula that gave him no chance that lead to their goal. So really a 6 is fair.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Burge 7.5 - great save towards the end. He really has improved, and he seems like a safe pair of hands now. Good from crosses too

Thompson 7 - was impressed with him having to step in in an unfamiliar position. Brimming with confidence and good on the ball

Davies 6 - one most in the air but his worst game in a while. Made a mistake which they should have scored from and got sucked in a few too many times.

Willis 7 - used his pace to get Davies out of jail on one occasion and looked the more solid of the two centre backs

Brown 7 - best game I’ve seen him have for us

Thomas 8 - was our best player. Everything went through him. May have made the wrong decision now and then but deserved to take it on his own due to tenacity. Looks like he really cares and battles for everything

Ogogo 6 - improved on recent performances. Wasn’t great by any means but good for him to get some minutes under his belt and used his strength well at times

Doyle 5 - thought he was absolutely shocking today. Cannot believe some of the ratings I’ve seen. His passing was awful and his shit pass lead to their goal, again. Extra point for the goal

Hiwula 5 - mainly anonymous

Chaplin 6 - tried and a few neat touches. Keeps looking like there’s a player in there but we need to see it more often

JCH 7 - won and held up most things. Putting in more consistent performances

Subs

Kelly 5 - didn’t really offer anything

Jones 6.5 - better cameo and takes credit for work for the goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Burge 7 - Very safe pair of hands today and made one very important block.

Thompson 7 - Thought the lad played really well, though he could have been much, much tighter to his man at times.

Willis 7 - A real battling performance from him today.

Davies 6 - Struggled, especially with their number 9, who I thought was a real handful all game long.

Brown 6.5 - Pretty steady today I thought.

Thomas 8 - By far and away our best player, but once again made a series of wrong choices at times in the final third.

Doyle 5 - Poor game from him. Very, very wasteful with his passing today and got us into trouble on a few occasions.

Ogogo 6 - Offered very little going forwards, but thought from a defensive perspective he did pretty well in protecting our back four and using his strength to win the ball back. We need much more from him though.

Hiwula 4 - Very, very poor and I have no idea how he missed that great chance in the first half. It seemed a sitter.

Chaplin 6 - Quiet game from him. One good effort tipped over the bar by their keeper.

JCH 6 - Also quiet and didn't impose himself on the game enough.

torchomatic

Burge-7
Thompson-6
Willis-7
Davies-6
Brown-6
Doyle-5
Agogo-5
Thomas-7
Hiwula-5
Clarke Harris-6
Chaplin-6

Jones-6
Kelly-7

Poor midfield today, lacking creativity and struggled to pass to one of their own players.

djr8369

I like Hiwula but he looked lost and disinterested today. No idea how he stayed on and Chaplin went off.

DannyThomas_1981

I don't see many games live as I work overseas but I was at the Ricoh today and last week. I do watch all games on IFollow.

So a couple of observations after a long spell away from the Ricoh.

The atmosphere is far more positive vs. a few years ago and a more enjoyable experience all round. I was in the top tier of the exec boxes last week and from there the support and volume from the 'infamous Block 17' was very impressive. Both last week and this week, it was brilliant how the singing continued even louder after the goals from the opposition.

On the playing side, Willis is absolutely top notch and under-rated. I'm shocked we haven't received big offers for him from Championship clubs. Davies similarly. Thompson played out of position today but on all evidence looks like a fantastic prospect.

Kelly looked very decent and back on form today and I'd like to see a Kelly - Bayliss central midfield before the end of the season. This is not going to go down too well in some circles but I see Kelly as a more dynamic option vs. Doyle. Disappointed in Ogogo so far but he's had little game time.

I don't see Hiwula as the answer on the left but he has brilliant technical skills and offers something - would work best in a 4-3-3. I do see Jodi Jones as the answer in the current 4-4-2 and he will be our key player if we are to progress. Thomas (huge fan) on the right and Jones on the left would push teams back and create all kinds of attacking options.

I do see what JCH brings to the team both defensively and leading the line. I like him. But I'm a bit on the fence as I want more goals from our number 9. I'd certainly like to see AB on the pitch and given the last 30 minutes to see what he can do. If we are to push on we may need to invest in a goal scoring number 9 on loan in January.

It's turning into a very interesting season and I will certainly miss not being able to be at the Ricoh for a couple of months.

Otis

I like Hiwula but he looked lost and disinterested today. No idea how he stayed on and Chaplin went off.

I thought that was odd too. Chaplin was quiet, but didn't play badly, while Hiwula was having a bit of a stinker.

Thought he would have taken Hiuwla off and left Chaplin on, but maybe he was carrying a bit of a knock.

SkyBlueCRJ

Burge - 7: Kicking was pretty poor today but that's hardly anything new. Great save in second half.

Thompson - 6.5: Was very impressed with him today. Was hugely apprehensive a couple of weeks ago about how he'd cope with the demands of League One football but didn't look at all out of place.

Willis - 7: Great performance all round. His athleticism saved us on a number of occasions.

Davies - 5: Thought he was poor today. Was constantly being drawn out of position which resulted in huge gaps being left in the back line.

Brown - 7: Was very impressed today, thought his experience shone through.

Thomas - 7.5: Such a dangerous player but his end product and final ball decision making isn't the best due to his inexperience. This will obviously come with time though.

Ogogo - 5: Is he rusty, unfit or simply just not good enough because I just can't work it out.

Doyle - 5.5: The 0.5 is for the tap in. Apart from that he was poor today. Very much off the pace.

Hiwula - 5: Forgot he was on the pitch for the majority of the game. Jones needed to be brought on faster IMO. Looked okay when put up front though with some nice touches and the odd effective pass.

Chaplin - 5: Not sure how people think he warrants a higher rating. Nothing he did came off and was anonymous for huge periods of the game.

JCH - 7: Was a nightmare for the Accrington defence in the first half. Won the majority of his headers. Unfortunately they managed him better by the second half but he still managed to put himself about.

Jones - 6.5: Some nice touches and great work for the goal.

Kelly - 6: Thought he offered far more than Ogogo.

Otis

Chaplin was no better than hiwula.
I thought he was. Chaplin was anonymous for the most part, but don't think he did anything in particular wrong, whereas Hiwula was making all sorts of mistakes and nothing he did seemed to come off for him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread