Player ratings (2 Viewers)

rob9872

I just have a feeling that Doyle may now be struggling with fitness given his age. Dominant in the first half v both Doncaster and Accrington, always all on and demanding the ball, even if at times his distribution wasn't great. Much more subdued and less influential in the second half of both games, even though he got the goal yesterday. No criticism this though of Doyle, who has been magnificent for us since returning to the club.

Fitness and age are often irrelevant - hence why Mo Farrah has now taken up marathon running in his mid 30s requiring greater stamina. Pace you lose, but I'd wager good money that Doyle is as fit as anyone at the club. You can see it in the warm ups when he really puts everything in whilst many of the young players are simply going through the motions. His play is open for criticism, but I'm not certain fitness is a stick to beat him with.

rob9872

Exeter’s Hiram Boateng would be top of my list. I’d raid Exeter if I’m honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep - I'd take him and Stockley

steve82

Unsure of his contract situation after the summer but Stockley would command a hell of a fee. Have a feeling Boateng's contract expires in the summer however...

Well naturally it’s like a kids Christmas list, a little beyond reality at this point potentially but two quality additions that would enhance us in search of a play off spot in the 2nd half of the season.

better days

The players mentioned are beyond almost any L1 budget for transfer fees because of FFP restrictions
High scoring L1 and L2 players usually go to championship teams
McNulty to Reading and Doidge to Bolton are recent examples

Gibbo

Big response this week, biggest of the season – key game and a patchy performance.

Man of the Match – Thomas – 2nd week in succession, nobody has done that yet

Dud of the Match – Hirwula – no surprise there.

Overall performance score 6.3/10 which is fractionally below average, which seemed harsh

Other points

· Davies has finally had a dud game – is that twice Accrington got the better of him?

· The central midfield is still weak Doyle 5.9, Ogogo 5.5 – for those who felt in another thread that we have strength in depth. We don’t. Even though Bayliss has not set the world on fire with his player ratings, it is clear he is the only genuinely creative player we have in central midfield, so we missed him.

· The steady decline in approval for Chaplin continues – 5.8 this week.

· Doyle – just under 90% of you thought he had a poor game

If this sounds depressing, there is evidence in the trends over a number of matches that new players improve – Thomas, Sterling and now Brown (although less so) are all more appreciated

steve82

Big response this week, biggest of the season – key game and a patchy performance.

Overall performance score 6.3/10 which is fractionally below average, which seemed harsh

Other points

· Davies has finally had a dud game – is that twice Accrington got the better of him?

· The central midfield is still weak Doyle 5.9, Ogogo 5.5 – for those who felt in another thread that we have strength in depth. We don’t. Even though Bayliss has not set the world on fire with his player ratings, it is clear he is the only genuinely creative player we have in central midfield, so we missed him.

If this sounds depressing, there is evidence in the trends over a number of matches that new players improve – Thomas, Sterling and now Brown (although less so) are all more appreciated

Be nice to see Chaplin in and around the box more not dropping deep, he’s ineffective otherwise.

Bayliss is very effective at bringing the ball forwards but is still adapting to League one.

Saturday was the first time Tom Davies has faced Accrington for Coventry.....?

mark82

Other points

Not sure why you say Hiwula as dud of the week is no surprise. He's been one of our better players in recent weeks and before the weekend had scored 4 in his past 5 appearances.

Gibbo

The Wisdom of the Crowds: I was going to post this at 23 games, but lost patience. This is the average “player rating” for every player (minimum 3 starts) up until Accrington Stanley. Substitutions excluded except in exceptional circumstances.

Rank Player Games Ave/game

1 Davies 9 7.23

2 Hyam 12 6.92

3 Willis 15 6.82

4 Burge 13 6.80

5 Mason 5 6.55

6 Chaplin 10 6.53

7 Thomas 14 6.47

8 Clarke-Harris 13 6.45

Average all players all games = 6.31

9 Sterling 13 6.13

10 Grimmer 3 6.12

11 Bayliss 15 6.11

12 Hiwula 8 6.09

13 Brown 10 5.99

14 Ogogo 5 5.95

15 Doyle 17 5.92

16 Bakayoko 4 5.75

17 Andreu 6 5.61

18 O'Brien 4 5.32

19 Shipley 8 4.96

Each individual rating for each game added up and divided by the number of people providing a rating, then the sum of those divided by the number of games. Pretty simple compared with Philosorapter

Gibbo

Not sure why you say Hiwula as dud of the week is no surprise. He's been one of our better players in recent weeks and before the weekend had scored 4 in his past 5 appearances.
Only in the sense that the comments alongside the rating for Stanley (just Stanley) were pretty damning. Before Sat he has been on the rise.

Gibbo

Be nice to see Chaplin in and around the box more not dropping deep, he’s ineffective otherwise.

Bayliss is very effective at bringing the ball forwards but is still adapting to League one.

Saturday was the first time Tom Davies has faced Accrington for Coventry.....?

I thought he played in the 2-0 last year and was given the run around by Kee, my mistake if that was not the case. But even so it was a surprisingly dud performance by him. I hope he is not suffering from MacDonald syndrome - Concrete Rod to Waxworks Rod in 5 months

Gibbo

This work all started with Bayliss - we all rate him, yet his player ratings are pretty average. His absence against Stanley indicates that the player-raters are undervaluing what he provides.

steve82

I thought he played in the 2-0 last year and was given the run around by Kee, my mistake if that was not the case. But even so it was a surprisingly dud performance by him. I hope he is not suffering from MacDonald syndrome - Concrete Rod to Waxworks Rod in 5 months

Waxwork Rod ha ha, I like that.

No in that 2-0 defeat it was Mcdonald and Willis with Stokes and DKE either side. That defeat was the weekend after Davies did his shoulder at Forest Green so was absent from the squad.

It was not his usual commanding game we seen but I think we all look to Tom Davies as more experienced than he really is especially for his age, he’s less than 70 league one and two starts to his name. Your gonna have some off games from him with some silly mistakes as he’s still inexperienced especially at this level, it might explain why he’s rash is some tackles too.

He seems the character to shrug it off tho and build on the experience.

Legia Sky Blue

The lower than average markings are simply a reflection of our raised expectations brought about by our winning run so shouldn't be that surprising.
With regard to Bayliss the balance of our team is plainly better with him. Given the previous game we missed him was at Bristol Rovers (I think), I don't imagine many will want him rested in future as I has been suggested at times by the odd poster here or there.

shmmeee

The Wisdom of the Crowds: I was going to post this at 23 games, but lost patience. This is the average “player rating” for every player (minimum 3 starts) up until Accrington Stanley. Substitutions excluded except in exceptional circumstances.

Rank Player Games Ave/game

1 Davies 9 7.23

2 Hyam 12 6.92

3 Willis 15 6.82

4 Burge 13 6.80

5 Mason 5 6.55

6 Chaplin 10 6.53

7 Thomas 14 6.47

8 Clarke-Harris 13 6.45

Average all players all games = 6.31

9 Sterling 13 6.13

10 Grimmer 3 6.12

11 Bayliss 15 6.11

12 Hiwula 8 6.09

13 Brown 10 5.99

14 Ogogo 5 5.95

15 Doyle 17 5.92

16 Bakayoko 4 5.75

17 Andreu 6 5.61

18 O'Brien 4 5.32

19 Shipley 8 4.96

Each individual rating for each game added up and divided by the number of people providing a rating, then the sum of those divided by the number of games. Pretty simple compared with Philosorapter

GEEEEEK FIIIIIGHT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread