Players released by Championship clubs (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

So, who do you fancy then?

Sheffield Wednesday:
Lewis Buxton
Paul Corry
Rhys McCabe
Gary Madine
Dejan Kehlar
Joe Mattock
Kamil Zayatte
Jacques Maghoma
Matt Young
Rafa Floro
Giles Coke

Bournemouth:
Ian Harte
Miles Addison
Josh McQuoid
Joe Partington
Mohamed Coulibaly
Benji Buchel

Derby:
Shaun Barker
Jamie Ward
Zak Whitbread
Lee Naylor

Cardiff City:
Kevin McNaughton
Nicky Maynard
Danny Gabbidon

Huddersfield:
Anthony Gerrard
Jonathan Stead
Martin Paterson
Jake Carroll
Daniel Carr

Millwall:
Nicky Bailey,Matthew Briggs, Dylan Casey, Richard Chaplow, Alan Dunne, Carlos Edwards, Sofiane El-Bekri, Ricardo Fuller, Denzel Gerrar, Jake Goodman, Magaye Gueye, Justin Hoyte, Stefan Maierhofer, Angel Martinez, Danny Shittu, Josh Siafa, Callum Webb, Martyn Woolford.

kg82

Out of those I'd take the 3 from Cardiff and Jamie Ward, although I'd expect a couple of those to stay in Champ

stupot07

Out of those I'd take the 3 from Cardiff and Jamie Ward, although I'd expect a couple of those to stay in Champ

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Yeah, Jamie Ward and I also used to quite like Joe Mattock a lot, now at Sheff Weds. Not seen him play for a while though.

Astute

I can see why Millwall got demoted. Can hardly see any of their players I would want us to sign. And they have released 18.

kg82

Chaplow used to be decent, but I haven't seen Millwall play this season so I couldn't comment. Same with Mattock.

Manchester_sky_blue

Chaplow used to be decent, but I haven't seen Millwall play this season so I couldn't comment. Same with Mattock.

Chaplow 7 appearances for Millwall, scoring 1 and 4 appearances for Ipswich on loan scoring nowt. Only 30 though so still has time on his side. Given our dearth of decent midfielders I wouldn't be unhappy about signing him

Sky Blue Kid

Kevin McNaughton is pure class, and is a player I've watched many times and always rated. Top signing if SISU shift their arses, but will probably haggle over the coach fare from Cardiff to Coventry

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sheffield Wednesday:
Lewis Buxton
Paul Corry
Rhys McCabe
Gary Madine
Dejan Kehlar
Joe Mattock
Kamil Zayatte
Jacques Maghoma
Matt Young
Rafa Floro
Giles Coke

Bournemouth:
Ian Harte
Miles Addison
Josh McQuoid
Joe Partington
Mohamed Coulibaly
Benji Buchel

Derby:
Shaun Barker
Jamie Ward
Zak Whitbread
Lee Naylor

Cardiff City:
Kevin McNaughton
Nicky Maynard
Danny Gabbidon

Huddersfield:
Anthony Gerrard
Jonathan Stead
Martin Paterson
Jake Carroll
Daniel Carr

Millwall:
Nicky Bailey,Matthew Briggs, Dylan Casey, Richard Chaplow, Alan Dunne, Carlos Edwards, Sofiane El-Bekri, Ricardo Fuller, Denzel Gerrar, Jake Goodman, Magaye Gueye, Justin Hoyte, Stefan Maierhofer, Angel Martinez, Danny Shittu, Josh Siafa, Callum Webb, Martyn Woolford.

Maghoma
Harte
Jamie Ward
Stead
Fuller
Gabbidon
Maynard

stupot07

Chaplow 7 appearances for Millwall, scoring 1 and 4 appearances for Ipswich on loan scoring nowt. Only 30 though so still has time on his side. Given our dearth of decent midfielders I wouldn't be unhappy about signing him

I suppose that's going to be the problem with picking up released championship players, they are going to be on the wrong side of their peak.

I think we could accommodate 2 possibly 3 at a push, 30+ year olds in the squad but the rest should be younger (u25). That's what Bristol did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

torchomatic

Danny Shittu just for the novelty factor. Tonyinc could have Shitzu on his back.

SlowerThanPlatt

Great player is Chaplow. Turns out Mowbray signed him for WBA and a quick google search shows TM praising his influence on the team. I'd have thought TM will be interested.

Also, didn't he score for Ipswich a couple weeks back against Watford? Great composed finished that

ajsccfc

I always liked Carlos Edwards, but I'd guess his game is suffering with age as he was a bit of a speed merchant.

ccfcway

reading this thread, we are about to from prob the youngest team in the league to the oldest !

Otis

reading this thread, we are about to from prob the youngest team in the league to the oldest !

hqdefault.jpg

LJC_CCFC

Sheffield Wednesday:
Lewis Buxton
Paul Corry
Rhys McCabe
Gary Madine
Dejan Kehlar
Joe Mattock
Kamil Zayatte
Jacques Maghoma
Matt Young
Rafa Floro
Giles Coke

Bournemouth:
Ian Harte
Miles Addison
Josh McQuoid
Joe Partington
Mohamed Coulibaly
Benji Buchel

Derby:
Shaun Barker
Jamie Ward
Zak Whitbread

Lee Naylor

Cardiff City:
Kevin McNaughton
Nicky Maynard

Danny Gabbidon

Huddersfield:
Anthony Gerrard
Jonathan Stead
Martin Paterson
Jake Carroll
Daniel Carr

Millwall:

Would have the players in bold.

stupot07

exactly the sort of player a league one club will take a punt on for him, only to see him play 5-10 games next season

Agreed. Could see him being the next Jackson

LJC_CCFC

Poor career move by going to West Ham followed by tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. Been in and out of the Cardiff and Wigan team since then. Had a back injury which kept him out since November. Given all this, if fit he would be something of a coup for any League 1 club.

stupot07

Poor career move by going to West Ham followed by tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. Been in and out of the Cardiff and Wigan team since then. Had a back injury which kept him out since November. Given all this, if fit he would be something of a coup for any League 1 club.

That's the problem it's a big if, he was class at Bristol but would still command decent wages so is far too much of a gamble for us.

LJC_CCFC

McCabe from Wednesday would be an interesting one. Thought of very highly at Rangers (Like Fleck) before jumping ship to Wednesday following Rangers demotion (Like Fleck).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Shaun Barker, wasn't he the one who was out injured for about 2 years? Decent player before that injury if I recall correctly but probably a risk.

Jamie Ward, great player. Would def get goals (more certain with him than I was with Simeone Jackson.....) but think he'll be snapped up by a Championship club.

Any of the Cardiff ones I'd try to sign (probably if I was on Football manager I actually would be trying......). Even if McNaughton has looked about 50 with his silver hair for the past 5 years, he's decent. Maynard is decent, but then I guess he could turn out to be a Jackson-like player.

Not sure on any of the Millwall players. Some of the more experienced ones probably want decent dollar, and probably the reason they're being let go.

ccfclinney

Maynard was a very good player at Bristol city Leicester were offering 5m at one point .. He's aged a bit since then and scoring record hasn't been great. But I still think he could score goals in this league

Users who are viewing this thread