Playoffs (1 Viewer)

If we do reach the Playoffs, who would be your preferred Semi-Final choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky Blue Harry H

May have to use the squad over a 2 leg game with matches close together - remember when we played Yeovil at home on the Monday following the Friday game (when Yeovil were fresh / and good!) I know the other team will have just played us and will have similar issues, but we have a bigger squad than most, so need to make use of it. Also, kick the bejesus out of them towards the end of the first match, so they are carrying a few crocks into the second leg. All's fair in love and war!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It would be interesting if we got into the payoffs before the last game and then that fixture may seem a bit unmotivational. That could cause us to take our foot off the gas unless we really needed to win to get a better spot for the playoff fixtures.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

May have to use the squad over a 2 leg game with matches close together - remember when we played Yeovil at home on the Monday following the Friday game (when Yeovil were fresh / and good!) I know the other team will have just played us and will have similar issues, but we have a bigger squad than most, so need to make use of it. Also, kick the bejesus out of them towards the end of the first match, so they are carrying a few crocks into the second leg. All's fair in love and war!

It's alright, I think we know how we can get round that problem.

Stop the players from going on the piss!

Reactions: vow

vow

We’re Coventry City, we beat who we want!

Johhny Blue

I don't think any of the other teams would fancy playing us over two legs. Whose up for a spy mission on their forums?

itsabuzzard

I think if we continue to win the performances will go hand in hand in time.

4 games left. If we win 3 I think you will be seeing good performances in there too.
Diplomatic reply to a ridiculous post. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Otis

And then somehow be the ones to relegate them to League 2 with a delayed kick-off thrown in for old times sake.
And we would need to sign someone called Hill in order for him to score the winning goal.

Have him clean shaven all season and then have him grow a goatee beard just a few days before kickoff.

To be quite honest though, if we ever were in that situation I think Jimmy Hill masks would be selling like hotcakes.

Can you imagine a Sunderland player bearing down on goal and when he looks up and into the crowd behind the goal all he can see is 3,000 Jimmy Hill's staring at him.

steve cooper

Only if Lincoln beat us I would say.

4 points from tomorrow and Tuesday and we should be fine for the top 7.
They must be expecting to win on Tuesday, they have Colchester & Accrington still to play, not to mention Yeovil (LOL). They could be the ones to miss out if we beat them

Otis

They must be expecting to win on Tuesday, they have Colchester & Accrington still to play, not to mention Yeovil (LOL). They could be the ones to miss out if we beat them
Agree and I think they may well find Colchester tough. Long shot for them, but they still have a slim chance of making the top 7.

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't think any of the other teams would fancy playing us over two legs. Whose up for a spy mission on their forums?

I actually think they would want to play us as all the expectation will be on us as the big name to go up and the crowd we’d pull for the home leg

no_loyalty

Looking at the next round of fixtures, I can see Exeter replacing Wycombe in the top 3, which I hope they do and stay there

Sky Blue Harry H

Yup and especially if Akinfenwa stays injured.

They're saying it's a calf injury. I would imagine his calves take longer to heal than most, as they have a serious amount of weight to carry (imagine the impact they are taking when he jumps and lands).

Warwickhunt

They're saying it's a calf injury. I would imagine his calves take longer to heal than most, as they have a serious amount of weight to carry (imagine the impact they are taking when he jumps and lands).
can be a three week recovery time if its a bad strain

Legia Sky Blue

Looking at the next round of fixtures, I can see Exeter replacing Wycombe in the top 3, which I hope they do and stay there

We don't know what Accrington team will turn up for their game on Saturday. It would only be natural if they have been partying this week after being promoted on Tuesday. I think we would all fancy our chances in the play offs against a Wycombe team without the beast though.

Londonccfcfan

Only if Lincoln beat us I would say.

4 points from tomorrow and Tuesday and we should be fine for the top 7.
A draw on Tuesday would be perfect result for Mansfield.

Not sure if be happy with a draw. Only hsppy with a draw vs lincoln if we beat both chektenham and morecambe.

Brings back Mansfield into equation with their much superior goal difference.

Grendel

I actually think they would want to play us as all the expectation will be on us as the big name to go up and the crowd we’d pull for the home leg

Yes they’ll all want us no question

W

westcountry_skyblue

Who else is getting fed up of the constant what ifs on this forum regarding points. If we beat so and so and they lose to so so means that...so and so might.....lol

Doing my head in way too many permutations and combinations. Take it one game at a time.
Correct just win our games and were in the playoffs,Easy peasy!!

ccfcway

Who else is getting fed up of the constant what ifs on this forum regarding points. If we beat so and so and they lose to so so means that...so and so might.....lol

Doing my head in way too many permutations and combinations. Take it one game at a time.

to be fair, that's sort of the point of a forum.

Otis

Not sure if be happy with a draw. Only hsppy with a draw vs lincoln if we beat both chektenham and morecambe.

We win tomorrow and we are only 2 points behind Notts County and will have played the same amount of games. We have to include them in any equation too. I'ts not just about Mansfield and Lincoln. It's feasible we could finish above Notts County as well.

skybluebeduff

The more begging question is, who's already booked the 28th off work if we make the final? I'm fortunate that my work place has a week shutdown commencing.... 28th May.. :)

And I've only just clicked on that it's a bank holiday... but still, some workplaces make you work them.

steve cooper

They have a +2 goal difference to us. Could be wiped out in one game, especially considering we have one game more to play.

Otis

The more begging question is, who's already booked the 28th off work if we make the final? I'm fortunate that my work place has a week shutdown commencing.... 28th May.. :)

And I've only just clicked on that it's a bank holiday... but still, some workplaces make you work them.

We went to Fargo last weekend and found out a dog show is on, on the 28th. Picked up a flyer and we said we would go and both my daughter and I were really keen and that we would enter our dog in the competition.

Came home though and told my daughter that I can't go as City will be playing in the play off final.

Presumptuous perhaps?

Otis

Back available for tomorrow apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread