Poll: How long will Trump be President? (1 Viewer)

Poll: How long will Trump be President?

• Up to 1 year (inaugurated 20 Jan 2017)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Up to 3 years

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Up to 4 years (fulll term)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2 full terms (8 years)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthernWisdom

we could potentially be going into war on the side of Al Qaeda affiliates
This is the big concern. Not sure there's a 'right' answer tbh, but because of that caution before jumping is probably the best thing. tbf to May, it seems our government is indeed being relatively cautious compared to the USA and France. That's surely a good thing!

clint van damme

This is the big concern. Not sure there's a 'right' answer tbh, but because of that caution before jumping is probably the best thing. tbf to May, it seems our government is indeed being relatively cautious compared to the USA and France. That's surely a good thing!

She has, but if there were a commons vote and she lost like Cameron did then I think she'd be finished so I'm not sure if that's behind her caution.
Assad is obviously a horrible bastard and in an ideal world he'd be gotten rid off but just like Iraq there could be potentially worse regimes queuing up to take his place.

skybluetony176

i was talking about Syria, we could potentially be going into war on the side of Al Qaeda affiliates, do you want Corbyn to defend them?

i could spend all night on here listing attacks that have happened which haven't been condemned by our government and in some cases clearly facilitated by them, (Yemen springs to mind), So you statement is fairly ridiculous.

I don't know the answer to what's going on in Syria, but I do know that we have affected regime change and backed dubious groups in the Middle East with ever increasing disastrous results, going right back to the 50s when Iran had a fairly rational and democratically elected leader who we helped depose in order to install an Islamist because he wanted to nationalise Irans oil supplies for the Iranian people.

So I'm always concerned when we get involved in situations like this because invariably we somehow manage to make things even worse than they were before.
Also remember that as far back as 2013 Corbyn urged the Government to stop Russia from being allowed to attend arms trade fair on UK soil and purchasing weapons, but I'm sure you will somehow find a way to condemn him for that.
The double tap bombings that have been carried out in Yemen are hideous to the extreme. You also can’t pretend that some bombings in Yemen haven’t been indiscriminate and haven’t killed innocent people including women and children. They have and they were carried out in British made plains with British made arms. I do hope that isn’t the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour because if it is then the world truly is lost.

martcov

Lol he seems pretty keen on getting May involved in military action and was one of the first to stand up against Putin in the wake of Salisbury

Playing a big international roll at the moment. It involves May as a military partner. He is also an EU partner at the moment.

chiefdave

Nobody seems to be concerned about how we're going to pay for another war. We've been told for years by the government there's no money. Not for the NHS, teachers, police etc but it seems to not even be questioned when there's talk of bombing someone.

chiefdave

I’m talking about Syria when he refused to condemn a chemical attack on young children.
Although he did campaign to ban Russia from UK arms sales and fairs as they were passing the arms to Syria and against the export of the component chemicals of the nerve agent to Syria.

clint van damme

He's just done a u turn on TPP as well. Which means we'll end up with something similar post Brexit. For me the only good thing about Brexit was staying out of some of the TPP type deals the EU was pursuing.

BackRoomRummermill

We should attack now , sick of the likes of Corbyn whinging making Chav excuses to score points . He knows nothing about anything . A total passive prick with nothing to offer and is shown up every day as a whimp , get the tomahawks in the air now , the Russians are shitting themselves as non of their kit works very well , take out all these dictators . Now , grow some balls let’s get this sorted and move on .

If Russians are in the way tough shit they have been told to get out of the way , get them airborne now , UK , USA and French on the case against insects , get this sorted , rid this world of Vermin now

Kingokings204

She has, but if there were a commons vote and she lost like Cameron did then I think she'd be finished so I'm not sure if that's behind her caution.
Assad is obviously a horrible bastard and in an ideal world he'd be gotten rid off but just like Iraq there could be potentially worse regimes queuing up to take his place.

Spot on the money. Saddam Hussein was an evil fucker as was Godaffi but are things better now? We never had a long term plan and look now.

War and missiles should be the very last option.

Kingokings204

We should attack now , sick of the likes of Corbyn whinging making Chav excuses to score points . He knows nothing about anything . A total passive prick with nothing to offer and is shown up every day as a whimp , get the tomahawks in the air now , the Russians are shitting themselves as non of their kit works very well , take out all these dictators . Now , grow some balls let’s get this sorted and move on .

If Russians are in the way tough shit they have been told to get out of the way , get them airborne now , UK , USA and French on the case against insects , get this sorted , rid this world of Vermin now

And what’s the long term plan? There isn’t one. Remove assad? He might be an evil bastard 100% but he is fighting and beating isis very successfully.

Choose your enemies carefully.

Macca

The west and Russia should be standing side by side in today's world but strangely they don't seem to have any interest in that

clint van damme

The west and Russia should be standing side by side in today's world but strangely they don't seem to have any interest in that

agreed, to fight the genie they let out of the bottle as a result of their cold war pissing contest.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Nobody seems to be concerned about how we're going to pay for another war. We've been told for years by the government there's no money. Not for the NHS, teachers, police etc but it seems to not even be questioned when there's talk of bombing someone.

"War....its good for business.....invest your son"

Grendel

Although he did campaign to ban Russia from UK arms sales and fairs as they were passing the arms to Syria and against the export of the component chemicals of the nerve agent to Syria.

Dave there are no chemical nerve agents in Syria - as Russia has none where would they come from.

Also it’s very easy to not sell arms when you are not in power - less so when the rest of the Eu is selling them left right and centre (literally)

chiefdave

Dave there are no chemical nerve agents in Syria - as Russia has none where would they come from.
Syria's declarations to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) name Britain as the sole supplier of dimethyl phosphate (DMP), trimethyl phosphate (TMP) and hexamine - three chemicals that Syria used in the production of sarin.

Syria's declarations have since been verified by a Whitehall audit of chemical sales by British companies.
Sarin, or NATO designation GB (G-series, 'B'), is a highly toxic synthetic organophosphorus compound. A colorless, odorless liquid, it is used as a chemical weapon due to its extreme potency as a nerve agent.
Also it’s very easy to not sell arms when you are not in power - less so when the rest of the Eu is selling them left right and centre (literally)
How do other countries manage it then? The US, France and UK, the three countries talking about more bombing, make up half of the top 6 arms exporters.

clint van damme

I can accept that argument. I think the arms trade is disgusting but it's easy to be moral in my position.
I like what Corbyn says on the arms trade but I think if he ever came to office we would see a watering down of his stance on arms exports. There's a reason BAE had huge representation at the last Labour conference.

Grendel

How do other countries manage it then? The US, France and UK, the three countries talking about more bombing, make up half of the top 6 arms exporters.

Every single Eu country I’ve looked at had increased arms sales substantially to the Middle East so if Corbyn wants to wreck the economy by letting the Eu have a greater share of the pie is absurd.

Ian1779

Every single Eu country I’ve looked at had increased arms sales substantially to the Middle East so if Corbyn wants to wreck the economy by letting the Eu have a greater share of the pie is absurd.

Wreck the economy... is this your vision for taking back control? Sell things to kill people on our terms?

chiefdave

So basically as long as we make a few quid it doesn't matter how many people get killed. Are 'the other EU counties' you're referring to the ones that have been requesting an arms embargo to the middle east, the ones who have singled out the UK and France as the two countries giving the most resistance to an arms embargo?

Grendel

Wreck the economy... is this your vision for taking back control? Sell things to kill people on our terms?

It is for the European Union

Grendel

So basically as long as we make a few quid it doesn't matter how many people get killed. Are 'the other EU counties' you're referring to the ones that have been requesting an arms embargo to the middle east, the ones who have singled out the UK and France as the two countries giving the most resistance to an arms embargo?

Yes Dave they are and oddly selling arms tends to lead to people being killed.

Nearly half of US arms exports go to the Middle East

BackRoomRummermill

Your all on the wrong track here. Russia becoming assholes and being a general menace is for one reason only ... the price of crude oil

They have been decimated in wealth as it dropped out of its arse . Anything they can do to get the price up they will do , if you don’t believe me have a look at Oil price over the past few days. I do not trust Russia and believe me when I say they are a big bluff . They are truly shitting themselves . Let’s go in , now and sort it and the Politicians think the same world over . How they don’t get punished for spreading weapons grade nerve agent on a English town ? bunch of assholes that need a major slap , it could have been you or your kids poisoned by these pricks on a day out to Salisbury .

Enough , pay the price now Russia

skybluetony176

So if we were selling chemicals to Syria that then went on to be used in chemical weapon attacks you would be OK with that so long as we profited from it?

BackRoomRummermill

To prove my point Russia now blaming Britain for Staging Chem attack in Syria .

Forget Syria let’s roll NATO into Moscow Now before they can do any real harm . failed state

BackRoomRummermill

So if we were selling chemicals to Syria that then went on to be used in chemical weapon attacks you would be OK with that so long as we profited from it?

We have never repeat never sold Chemicals to Syria . Ask Jeremy Corbyn he knows everything about nothing along with his patsy followers

Our arms trade is based on sound judgement and government export licenses , which include 3rd party use of weapons .Much of it set up by a labour government when the old eastern block came into NATO like Poland , Estonia etc

DYOR

skybluetony176

We have never repeat never sold Chemicals to Syria . Ask Jeremy Corbyn he knows everything about nothing along with his patsy followers

Our arms trade is based on sound judgement and government export licenses , which include 3rd party use of weapons .Much of it set up by a labour government when the old eastern block came into NATO like Poland , Estonia etc

DYOR

Apparently we don’t know for sure

The UK may have helped Syria make nerve gas – but lax controls mean we’ll never know | Andrew Smith

Plus there’s only been an arms embargo on Syria from the EU since 2011 so it would be naive to think that we haven’t armed them with weapons used in this conflict.

chiefdave

We have never repeat never sold Chemicals to Syria .
In which case why did Whitehall confirm the claim made by Syria to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that all its supplies of dimethyl phosphate, trimethyl phosphate and hexamine had been sold to them by the UK?

BackRoomRummermill

Of course we have armed Rebels that’s the whole point , UK has some dodger weapons but would never even by a 4th party’s back door allow any Nerve, Blood, agents to leave UK shores . it’s expensive if nothing else. Maybe Israel has more to do with this.

BackRoomRummermill

In which case why did Whitehall confirm the claim made by Syria to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that all its supplies of dimethyl phosphate, trimethyl phosphate and hexamine had been sold to them by the UK?

You could say that about any chemical ‘ for farming ‘ unwittingly years ago and I mean years ago . I mean doesn’t WD40 have most that in ? Are you Jeremy Corbyn ?

Are you trying to defend Assad and the Russians here ?

clint van damme

To prove my point Russia now blaming Britain for Staging Chem attack in Syria .

Forget Syria let’s roll NATO into Moscow Now before they can do any real harm . failed state

Former head of the armed forces General Jonathan Shaw tried to say that this could be the case on Sky and was cut off!

Users who are viewing this thread