Poll: How long will Trump be President? (1 Viewer)

Poll: How long will Trump be President?

• Up to 1 year (inaugurated 20 Jan 2017)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Up to 3 years

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Up to 4 years (fulll term)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2 full terms (8 years)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

In which case why did Whitehall confirm the claim made by Syria to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that all its supplies of dimethyl phosphate, trimethyl phosphate and hexamine had been sold to them by the UK?

Christ just listen to yourself

BackRoomRummermill

he got cut off and didn't finish but he was inaccurate!!

Of course as stated he has not been in the inner circle for years , oh unless you watch Sky news and believe it . A joke media outlet , they are like the Sun newspaper on screen . Have they done the big picture on the screen of all the military options yet ?

Going back to their expert he is an ex officer trying to get a small fee ,

You understand how media works ?

I might give them a call myself a get a grand for what I (don’t) know

Last edited:

clint van damme

Of course as stated he has not been in the inner circle for years , oh unless you watch Sky news and believe it . A joke media outlet , they are like the Sun newspaper on screen . Have they done the big picture on the screen of all the military options yet ?

Going back to their expert he is an ex officer trying to get a small fee ,

You understand how media works ?

I might give them a call myself a get a grand for what I (don’t) know

I don't trust the media at all but if you have a guest on you should let him speak not cut them off when you don't like what they're saying - if you advocate free speech that is.

BackRoomRummermill

Never saw it , all I can say I have never heard of the guy , maybe some chancer .... and they actually did their research and found out.

Sky news is international so anything goes so to speak , another weirdo expert they recruited and it backfired

chiefdave

I thought words of Corbyn myself !
You two don't seem too keen on facts for some reason?

BRR stated as fact earlier today that the UK had 'never repeat never sold Chemicals to Syria', yet our own government have stated that we have.

Grendel is happy for civilians to be bombed as long as we make a few quid out of it.

And you two think its other people who have strange views! If looking at facts before making a rational decision is Corbyn-like than I might have to reconsider who I vote for.

BackRoomRummermill

You two don't seem too keen on facts for some reason?

BRR stated as fact earlier today that the UK had 'never repeat never sold Chemicals to Syria', yet our own government have stated that we have.

Grendel is happy for civilians to be bombed as long as we make a few quid out of it.

And you two think its other people who have strange views! If looking at facts before making a rational decision is Corbyn-like than I might have to reconsider who I vote for.

Er no you tried to be clever twisting words out of context when you know I meant Chemical weapons , I expect the UK exports numerous chemicals and toxic materials , but as I say not Chemical Weapons

chiefdave

Er no you tried to be clever twisting words out of context when you know I meant Chemical weapons
How on earth is anyone supposed to know you meant chemical weapons not chemicals from the posts that were made?
So if we were selling chemicals to Syria that then went on to be used in chemical weapon attacks you would be OK with that so long as we profited from it?
We have never repeat never sold Chemicals to Syria .

skybluetony176

How on earth is anyone supposed to know you meant chemical weapons not chemicals from the posts that were made?
Indeed. I never suggested that we had supplied chemical weapons, just chemicals that could be used as a component in a chemical weapon. I was pretty clear in what I said and if anything BRR’s reply was clearer still.

BackRoomRummermill

Well done to the RAF , brilliant brave guys that have shown the world how to do it !! Excellent work hats off to you. We have once again shown as a country to be strong and confident.
Thank goodness that the whimp Corbyn is not in control, we would all be speaking Russian in 5 years if he was.

wingy

We should attack now , sick of the likes of Corbyn whinging making Chav excuses to score points . He knows nothing about anything . A total passive prick with nothing to offer and is shown up every day as a whimp , get the tomahawks in the air now , the Russians are shitting themselves as non of their kit works very well , take out all these dictators . Now , grow some balls let’s get this sorted and move on .

If Russians are in the way tough shit they have been told to get out of the way , get them airborne now , UK , USA and French on the case against insects , get this sorted , rid this world of Vermin now
Depending on whose version you believe it looks like their S400 air defence looks pretty useful, two third -three quarters of our hardware was ineffective.

wingy

Latest assessment from US military every missile reached target
Syrian response came after completion of operation firing 40 unguided missiles.

wingy

According to General Mcenzie the Russians were not informed.
The Russians say it's S400 systems were not weaponized prior to the strike ,they now are.

chiefdave

According to General Mcenzie the Russians were not informed.
The propaganda is being cranked up on both sides. Watching the coverage this morning the reporters on the ground in Damascus were saying the targets were evacuated earlier in the week after Russia passed on details of targets supplied to them by the US.

One of the targets was said to be a storage facility for chemical weapons, how do you blow that up without the chemicals being released?

The key now is what next. You would hope that the facilities have been wiped out but the footage being shown from Syria today is worrying. Seeing Syrian civilians out on the streets protesting against the US, UK and France is not what we want to see when we're supposed to be helping them. They should be welcoming our intervention.

Has to be a concern that big decisions are being made off the cuff. It was only a few days ago Trump was saying the US would be completely removing itself from the Syria conflict, then last night the bombing was the start of a campaign and now, after seemingly being slapped down by the Pentagon, its being referred to as a one off.

And then you have May who is trying to link bombing Syria to the Salisbury poisoning, perhaps to try and give an angle that makes the bombing legal. Seems to be on shaky ground otherwise given that international law only allows for self defence given the lack of a mandate from the UN Security Council.

Ultimately we have to hope the bombing has removed all chemical weapons stores and facilities for building more. If it hasn't, and it genuinely is a one off, all it will have achieved is poking the bear. We really don't want to get drawn in to another war, especially one as complex as this with multiple factions involved. Do we really want to spend months / years fighting Assad.

dutchman

Well done to the RAF , brilliant brave guys that have shown the world how to do it !! Excellent work hats off to you. We have once again shown as a country to be strong and confident.
Thank goodness that the whimp Corbyn is not in control, we would all be speaking Russian in 5 years if he was.
If it wasn't for Russia, we'd all be speaking German today.

wingy

Apparently If what I've read is accurate the French didn't Fire as they were advised they wouldn't get through ,from a blog .
Also supposed to have been a raid near Alleopo tonight killing 20 .
Guessing that might be Isreal on the Iranians.
Lavrov has introduced some info from the Spiez lab ,,one of the five tasked by the OPCW ,suggesting a chemical called BZ, the suggestion seems to be that this was tainted by A234 (Novichock) in it's virgin state ,not degraded by time.

Last edited:

dutchman

dutchman

It just gets better and better! :p
Anti-Trump protesters promise 'Carnival of Resistance' for July visit
Thousands of Donald Trump's British detractors are planning to turn out en masse during his trip to the UK in July - promising a "carnival of resistance".

The US President's long-awaited and controversial trip is expected to be a "working visit" rather than a full-blown state occasion.

Downing Street confirmed plans for the trip on Thursday, saying Mr Trump would hold "bilateral talks" with Theresa May during his visit.

Within hours of the announcement more than 80,000 people signalled their interest in an online Facebook event titled "Stop Trump's visit".

clint van damme

I don't like the prick but can't really see the point of the protest.
If people want to do it then good luck to them but festival of resistance?!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Go on the Donald,Mr President is getting things done.Lowest ever unemployment in most states even snowflake California.
Things people hate ie the BBC and CNN is he is a successful businessman and gets things going.
and now the Russian thing regarding his election has been blown out the water so where do you go now Clinton you crooked family???

chiefdave

Go on the Donald,Mr President is getting things done.Lowest ever unemployment in most states even snowflake California.
Things people hate ie the BBC and CNN is he is a successful businessman and gets things going.
and now the Russian thing regarding his election has been blown out the water so where do you go now Clinton you crooked family???
Bit early to be that drunk West.

BackRoomRummermill

He put that Korean maniac into line, just shows a bit of force does the trick , what would Corbin have done ? Hmm I know nothing , the whimp

dutchman

31344182_10209781167200653_606589113340131518_n.jpg

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Is this the REAL reason North Korea is talking.....?

North Korea nuclear test site has collapsed and may be out of action – China study

"Report builds on evidence that site is unstable after sixth nuclear test and puts Kim Jong-un’s pledge to no longer use site in a new light.

North Korea’s main nuclear test site has partially collapsed under the stress of multiple explosions, possibly rendering it unsafe for further testing and leaving it vulnerable to radiation leaks, a study by Chinese geologists has shown.

The findings could cast doubt on North Korea’s sincerity in announcing last weekend that it would stop testing nuclear weapons at the site ahead of Friday’s summit between the country’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and the South Korean president, Moon Jae-in."

wingy

Is this the REAL reason North Korea is talking.....?

North Korea nuclear test site has collapsed and may be out of action – China study

"Report builds on evidence that site is unstable after sixth nuclear test and puts Kim Jong-un’s pledge to no longer use site in a new light.

North Korea’s main nuclear test site has partially collapsed under the stress of multiple explosions, possibly rendering it unsafe for further testing and leaving it vulnerable to radiation leaks, a study by Chinese geologists has shown.

The findings could cast doubt on North Korea’s sincerity in announcing last weekend that it would stop testing nuclear weapons at the site ahead of Friday’s summit between the country’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and the South Korean president, Moon Jae-in."
Should a deal be fulfilled I wonder if a story like this gives him a bit of domestic and diplomatic cover?

CCFCSteve

I don't like the prick but can't really see the point of the protest.
If people want to do it then good luck to them but festival of resistance?!

Agree CVD, not a fan of him as a person but WTF is a carnival of resistance ?! 80000 people signing a petition to try to stop the visit of the president of one of our closest allies ?! What planet are these idiots on ? We don’t have to like other world leaders but you still have to deal with them Ps How many bothered to sign petitions when people like Mugabe had a state visit ?!

Kingokings204

Agree CVD, not a fan of him as a person but WTF is a carnival of resistance ?! 80000 people signing a petition to try to stop the visit of the president of one of our closest allies ?! What planet are these idiots on ? We don’t have to like other world leaders but you still have to deal with them Ps How many bothered to sign petitions when people like Mugabe had a state visit ?!

Or the Saudi Arabia prince, or other dictators. It’s pathetic.

I’m convinced it’s the same people who protest every time I see the on tv.

You don’t have to like trump, that’s not the point he is the president of the USA and they are a long old friend.

Interestingly where were the french protests when trump visited on bastille day last year? Macron has now even returned to USA. They don’t seem to have an issue.

chiefdave

Robert Hardman summed up the rank hypocrisy of the lefty Trump haters in Saturday's Mail. Great article.
The Korean breakthrough is Trump’s handiwork.
How is the North Korean nuclear test site collapsing after the last test they did in September anything to do with Trump?

Also, why is the Mails royal correspondent writing about Trump?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There are plenty of good reasons to criticise Trump for sure, but I can't take it seriously when people try and kick him down on absolutely everything.

The BBC even did a pathetic article last week trying to prove that Trump had nothing to do with the Korea debacle - only for the leader of South Korea to publicly come out and say he deserves quite a bit of credit.

It's the same with these protests, by all means crack on, but it shows stark double standards that these same people are nowhere to be seen when Saudi Arabia are in town.

shmmeee

Something about this whole North Korea thing seems fishy to me. Maybe they did just get on, maybe Russia helped out, maybe it’s all an elaborate trap. Frankly if peace holds and the North Koreans start getting a better quality of life, who gives a shit.

Users who are viewing this thread