Ponticelli (2 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

I would try him from the bench for the last 15mins in a couple games before end of the season.

PUSB
How old is the Derby County player? 16 I believe and he has scored in the Championship 3 times I believe! The equation is if you are good enough= you are old enough

its a buzzard

How old is the Derby County player? 16 I believe and he has scored in the Championship 3 times I believe! The equation is if you are good enough= you are old enough
Yes indeed. Ronald Koeman was lauded in the press recently for promoting youngsters from the ranks whilst at Southampton, and we're talking teenagers, not those in their twenties.

SlowerThanPlatt

Think you mean Ben Brereton at Forest? He's 18 too. Forest signed him after he was released from Stoke at 16. Now being linked to all the big clubs for £10m

stupot07

Think you mean Ben Brereton at Forest? He's 18 too. Forest signed him after he was released from Stoke at 16. Now being linked to all the big clubs for £10m
I think he means Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham, who is 16 and had scored a couple this season.

Perhaps Robins just doesn't think he is good enough at the minute.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pete in Portugal

Perhaps Robins just doesn't think he is good enough at the minute. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well the evidence is that, although he's been a consistent scorer in the U18 team, he's consistently failed to score in the handful, or so, of games in the U23 team. If he's struggled to adjust to playing in the U23s, it's surely reasonable to conclude that he's probably not be ready to play in the first team?

I'd expect him to be given a longer run in the U23s next season and for Robbins to see how he adjusts to playing at a higher level.

Captain Dart

No Ponticelli today but Robins puts his trust in 18-year-old left back Chris Camwell
No Stokes even on the bench, is he injured or have we now seen the last of him.

aloisiwouldhavescored

He went off injured last Saturday, at first it looked really serious possible reoccurrence of his knee injury but he managed to hobble down the tunnel.
Yes, got injured when he collided with the advertising hoarding. Don't know how serious it was, nothing has been mentioned of it since.

stevefloyd

We will find out over the next few days unless old click bait himself manages to conjure up a list with his pies which he keeps in the sky

Reactions: vow

dongonzalos

Well the evidence is that, although he's been a consistent scorer in the U18 team, he's consistently failed to score in the handful, or so, of games in the U23 team. If he's struggled to adjust to playing in the U23s, it's surely reasonable to conclude that he's probably not be ready to play in the first team?

I'd expect him to be given a longer run in the U23s next season and for Robbins to see how he adjusts to playing at a higher level.

Have you read the match reports on the under 23 games that he has feature in?

SlowerThanPlatt

Jordan Ponticelli finishes top scorer in the U18 league with 27 goals. Some talented players on there in years gone by, Ademola Lookman who earned Charlton £10m and Ben Brereton of Nottingham Forest who has been linked with all the big clubs.

image.png

Ponticelli only been in the Academy system for 10 months and finishes clear top goalscorer. Great achievement. Some similarities between him and Lookman, he joined Charlton as an U17 too was playing amateur football before. Wonder how many of these players are being missed by clubs because they weren't early developers?

Reactions: vow

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i really hope he is given a chance next season in the first team he clearly has an eye for goal i cant see why giving him few sub starts then see what he can do i love giving youth a chance with stats like this why not!

Rich

i really hope he is given a chance next season in the first team he clearly has an eye for goal i cant see why giving him few sub starts then see what he can do i love giving youth a chance with stats like this why not!
True

We're League 2 now, this is where teams send players to blood them. We need to get our own players in the squad now and get a competitive team, whereby if we can't keep the players, we can sell them and pay for a few quality replacements.

Adge

True

We're League 2 now, this is where teams send players to blood them. We need to get our own players in the squad now and get a competitive team, whereby if we can't keep the players, we can sell them and pay for a few quality replacements.
Na not ready. I had an acedmy game at Alan Higgs before the U18 semi final v Sheffield Wed. Me and my son watched the match after and although he scored you could see that to step up from that level there is still a massive gulf. That can go the other way though if you have better players around you that can also move you on as a player. He is another that would just be thrown under the bus at Ccfc but may well prosper elsewhere.

SlowerThanPlatt

Na not ready. I had an acedmy game at Alan Higgs before the U18 semi final v Sheffield Wed. Me and my son watched the match after and although he scored you could see that to step up from that level there is still a massive gulf. That can go the other way though if you have better players around you that can also move you on as a player. He is another that would just be thrown under the bus at Ccfc but may well prosper elsewhere.

I'm confused..your son plays for an academy? Or you were reffing a game? Just I didn't see another game going on before.

Brylowes

Yes indeed. Ronald Koeman was lauded in the press recently for promoting youngsters from the ranks whilst at Southampton, and we're talking teenagers, not those in their twenties.
He's doing it at Everton now as well, Tom Davies, Calvert-lewin, Mason Hollgate
And Ademola Lookman all teenagers promoted to the 1st team this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

He's doing it at Everton now as well, Tom Davies, Calvert-lewin, Mason Hollgate
And Ademola Lookman all teenagers promoted to the 1st team this season.

Bass Sambou has been training with their first team too recently. Seems to be doing quite well there now after a difficult start

skybluedan

Yeah he will in the mix next season , good pre season show robins what he can do and yeah

Users who are viewing this thread