Portsmouth- what on earth (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

It seems pretty certain that they will have at least 10 points taken off if the administration request is granted-if it's not, the club could well face extinction.

Just been officially confirmed that Portsmouth have entered admin. HMRC have stated that the points deduction could be as high as 20 points, but will be at least 10.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If I were the judge sitting or at the FL I would be asking why all Pompeys financial plans are centered on the PL parachute money but they have done no where near enough in cutting costs (players wages in particular). Clearly they believe from the managers comments it is ok to pay out wages they cannot afford to stay in the division, it also seems that the owners are not prepared to either sell players or to finance the cash flow because debts to third parties have been allowed to increase due to non payment. It all stinks to be honest. Their owners/directors have been irresponsible at best and it will be the unsecured creditors that suffer yet again.

Yet the PL and FL let it keep happening ........ irresponsible at best too

Sad for the fans to see the club go into admin but I am glad something is being done

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Sub

if its 10 or 20 points that does not matter,, the only thing we need to concentrate on is beating forrest and getting 3 points we can not and must not pin our hopes on other teams fecking up !!! dont want to have to go through another charlton again praying that incester didnt win!!!!!!!

NuneatonSkyBlue

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy_we_re_at_breaking_point_1_3530797

I struggle to believe this guy at times-we have been forced to field teenagers since day 1 because we sold most of our senior/more experienced players. Here he is talking about 'the integrity of the Championship' being affected by Pompey's lack of senior players; I can't put into words how nonsensical these quotes are.

The bloke seems to be in a world of his own! Maybe AT should phone him up and give him both barrells then he might realise where about in the real world he is!!!! :facepalm:

NuneatonSkyBlue

if its 10 or 20 points that does not matter,, the only thing we need to concentrate on is beating forrest and getting 3 points we can not and must not pin our hopes on other teams fecking up !!! dont want to have to go through another charlton again praying that incester didnt win!!!!!!!

That was the most emtionally draining day i think i have ever had, never want to go through that again!

Brighton Sky Blue

The bloke seems to be in a world of his own! Maybe AT should phone him up and give him both barrells then he might realise where about in the real world he is!!!! :facepalm:

He isn't alone in this either-some fans are saying that the FL should wipe the 10 point deduction because they failed to properly screen Antonov. Well sorry boys, but you obviously didn't do your own homework well enough either.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
welcome to the real world Mr Appleton. Looks like you may have to use some of the young lads and give them a chance. I have absolutely no sympathy for you at all.

As for calling games off because you maybe dont have 11 fit senior players available - ridiculous :facepalm: we wouldnt have played this season in that case. Wake up man get on with the job and deal with the realities of having no damn money.

Will take this opportunity to point out the contrasting attitude of our own manager who has never whinged in the way Appleton has, never tried to get games off because we struggled for players and to play kids and simply got on with it. Am not his greatest fan but well done Andy Thorn !

Last edited:

NuneatonSkyBlue

was brilliant on the coach back home though knowing we were safe :p:p:D:D:D

Looking back i was but at the time i was such an emotional wreck i didn't know what to do lol

Even my LCFC supporting mate phone me up and i couldn't take the p**s, i wanted to lol but i just couldn't do it :facepalm: lol

He isn't alone in this either-some fans are saying that the FL should wipe the 10 point deduction because they failed to properly screen Antonov. Well sorry boys, but you obviously didn't do your own homework well enough either.

Ye i read a few comments along those lines, some people just dont get it, cheaters are always found out, spending money that you don't have doesn't work in the long term.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
our first team squad

named 31 players
4 goal keepers
8 out injured
6 academy players with very little or no first team play
3 players out on loan

I make that a max of 10 senior outfield players but only if you class Christie Norwood & Nimely as senior

Do one Mr Appleton

(get the impression I am a tad annoyed by his whineing ? :mad: )

Brighton Sky Blue

our first team squad

named 31 players
4 goal keepers
8 out injured
6 academy players with very little or no first team play
3 players out on loan

I make that a max of 10 senior outfield players but only if you class Christie Norwood & Nimely as senior

Do one Mr Appleton

(get the impression I am a tad annoyed by his whineing ? :mad: )

We'll always be welcome in Southampton :p

ccfcway

they are not making it easy for themselve are they.

They cant pay the leccy bill, sky have cut them off, cant train, and Appleton is concerned about the FL helping them out because he MAY have to have a acedemy player on the bench !!!!!!!!!

9 fit outfield players, one will come through a later fitness test, so mark my words they will feild a full senior team tomorrow, where as well with have Jordon Clarke at left back, and kids eating their happ meal at half time sitting on the bench, with Freddie (2 big macs) sitting with them..

I hope they docked points for every time Appleton moans about only having a squad of 40 players to pick from !

Brighton Sky Blue

they are not making it easy for themselve are they.

They cant pay the leccy bill, sky have cut them off, cant train, and Appleton is concerned about the FL helping them out because he MAY have to have a acedemy player on the bench !!!!!!!!!

9 fit outfield players, one will come through a later fitness test, so mark my words they will feild a full senior team tomorrow, where as well with have Jordon Clarke at left back, and kids eating their happ meal at half time sitting on the bench, with Freddie (2 big macs) sitting with them..

I hope they docked points for every time Appleton moans about only having a squad of 40 players to pick from !

If I had a kid with a happy meal I'd want him well away from Freddie.

J

Jack Griffin

10 minimum, it will be a while before any final decision is made.

POMPEY being in administration again is ‘disappointing’ but the only way the club can go forward, Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt said after the hearing.
Her words came after it emerged in court today that HMRC had asked the Football League to deduct 20 points from Pompey as it went in administration rather than 10.

pricey

Before Christmas skybet had us 1/40 to go down, now we're 2/5 - which seems a bit short given the fact that with Pompey getting at least 10 points deducted, we could be out of the relegation zone by 5pm on Saturday...

ccfcway

"the club could go into administration or could be liquidated, experts are saying its 50 / 50"

"the club could get docked anything between 10 and 20 points"

So, they havent gone into liquidation and they will onloy get 10 points

Watch as they get the loans that Appleton is asking for....

"we are delighted that Ricardo Fuller is here, and we thank Stoke for continuing to pay his wages" - you can see that happening !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the 10 points is automatic - the delay is because the FL have to provide notice of the deduction to Pompey in writing.

Would guess that also gives written notice of player registration embargo

Astute

Have just posted on that site. Gave them a few home truths. Hope they like it It goes like this

Hi all. Cov fan here. Sorry for your fans, but that is about it. We have had to play kids all season as we lost 9 first team players closed season. We also sold Juke to Midds a few weeks ago. The only player to score more than 3 goals this season. Your owners should have done the same as my team. Sold all players worth anything, not refuse bids for any players. Last time you went into admin lots of local businesses, schools and even charities lost money. A lesson not learned. All players of value should be sold to pay off creditors and then bring the kids in. Why should you be any different to what we have done? To me there should be enough points deducted to make relegation a certainty. Maybe then other teams will take admin more seriously. I feel sorry for the fans, but at least you had the cup on borrowed money that there was no intensions of paying back. Get the kids in. They will give more effort than the overpaid players you now have. Then regroup next season and start again. At lest you will still have a club to support.

ccfcway

ha, I'm sure that will go down well !!

Funny thing is, despite reading that, seeing that charities, schools etc lost money, fans concerned for the future of their club etc, nothing stood out more than when we sold Juke, our top scorer had 3 goals

:facepalm:

mark82

Have just posted on that site. Gave them a few home truths. Hope they like it It goes like this

Hi all. Cov fan here. Sorry for your fans, but that is about it. We have had to play kids all season as we lost 9 first team players closed season. We also sold Juke to Midds a few weeks ago. The only player to score more than 3 goals this season. Your owners should have done the same as my team. Sold all players worth anything, not refuse bids for any players. Last time you went into admin lots of local businesses, schools and even charities lost money. A lesson not learned. All players of value should be sold to pay off creditors and then bring the kids in. Why should you be any different to what we have done? To me there should be enough points deducted to make relegation a certainty. Maybe then other teams will take admin more seriously. I feel sorry for the fans, but at least you had the cup on borrowed money that there was no intensions of paying back. Get the kids in. They will give more effort than the overpaid players you now have. Then regroup next season and start again. At lest you will still have a club to support.

Have you got a link. Would love to see the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread