Portsmouth- what on earth (2 Viewers)

Astute

OMG they agree with me so far

North York’s Blue

The 2 responses so far are actually positive and in agreement with you. That said, they can't really argue with the facts.
I feel sorry for the fans, but not the club; hopefully they'll get what they deserve.

"CCFC in saving his own team from relegation by wishing it on another."

Ooooohh you've got your first negative feedback. Keep strong.

doodlebug

I like this one:
The Imposter

Friday, February 17, 2012 at 01:05 PM
CCFC in saving his own team from relegation by wishing it on another

coop

You always wish relegation on other teams rather than your own it's called supporting your team.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Seems to me that there are a few at that club that dont like to take responsibility for their own actions

- the owners, who have responsibility to ensure the club is ran as a going concern
- the likes of Chanrai who helped create the original mess but safeguarded all their own money
- the manager who bleats and whines about how hard done by he is and no one helps him
- the players, highly paid but havent set the world alight in performances
- some of the fans who blame the PFA etc for not helping out when it is the club that have messed up

My respect goes to their fans who shell every week to support their team they deserve better leadership/owners and my sympathy goes to all the small businesses and organisations that acted in good faith and have yet again been shafted by Portsmouth FC

wingy

Its all tracable to that lovable rogue ,freespending,serial shipjumper,darling ARRY ,left a trail of devastation wherever he's been .Lookout Hotspur.

mark82

Seems to me that there are a few at that club that dont like to take responsibility for their own actions

- the owners, who have responsibility to ensure the club is ran as a going concern
- the likes of Chanrai who helped create the original mess but safeguarded all their own money
- the manager who bleats and whines about how hard done by he is and no one helps him
- the players, highly paid but havent set the world alight in performances
- some of the fans who blame the PFA etc for not helping out when it is the club that have messed up

My respect goes to their fans who shell every week to support their team they deserve better leadership/owners and my sympathy goes to all the small businesses and organisations that acted in good faith and have yet again been shafted by Portsmouth FC

Like they guy on Sky Sports News from the fans group blaming the football league for allowing the owners and saying the club should not be deducted points for that reason. Hilarious.

mark82

Its all tracable to that lovable rogue ,freespending,serial shipjumper,darling ARRY ,left a trail of devastation wherever he's been .Lookout Hotspur.

Hmm. Don't think so. He is not in charge of the clubs finances. He is given a transfer budget and you take that in good faith. Obviously not a Redknapp fan are you, but can't blame the mismanagement over a number of years by various owners on one man.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Like they guy on Sky Sports News from the fans group blaming the football league for allowing the owners and saying the club should not be deducted points for that reason. Hilarious.

Seriously deluded if they think that will happen ! Bet he wasnt questionning anything when Antonov took over was he. Ridiculous:facepalm:

chiefdave

Hmm. Don't think so. He is not in charge of the clubs finances. He is given a transfer budget and you take that in good faith. Obviously not a Redknapp fan are you, but can't blame the mismanagement over a number of years by various owners on one man.
Harry gets a lot of stick for this kind of thing but as a manager if your chairman is handing you money you spend it!

BurbageSkyBlues

For those who have not seen the article on BBC.co.uk...... (apologies if some have). There are some interesting facts in here.......monies owed, early parachut payment from the PL (would we get help like that? it is, effectively, a loan from the football authority)

Earlier this week it emerged Portsmouth had received their parachute payment from the Premier League early, however, chief executive David Lampitt told BBC Radio Solent it would be up to the administrator how money in Pompey's bank account - understood to be around £2.5m - is spent.
Pompey's parent company, Convers Sports Initiatives, entered administration in November, forcing the Championship club to search for new owners.
CSI administrator Andrew Andronikou then revealed that Pompey had missed two tax payments of £800,000 to HMRC.
It later emerged they currently owe HMRC £1.9m in unpaid tax as well as between £4m to £7m from the previous regime.
The club announced in January that their players and staff had not been paid their wages for that month, as a result of having their bank account frozen.
They later failed to gain a validation order to gain access to their accounts, leaving players and staff at Fratton Park still waiting to be paid.
Former owner Balram Chainrai last week said he was flying to the UK to sort out the stricken club's future.
The Hong Kong-based businessman, who owned the club with Israeli Levi Kushnir through a company called Portpin, is still owed £17m.
BBC South understands that any new purchaser would need to provide £12m as proof of funds, and assurances they could meet another £20m in repayments to former creditors, Chainrai and Alexandre Gaydamak.
However, the Portsmouth Supporters' Trust have claimed that Andronikou is asking them to provide £100m in proof of funds before any meeting between them could take place.

mattylad

Portsmouth are no more guilty of reaching to high than we were, the only difference is we actually had some sellable assets and a dodgy hedge fund

covcity4life

does any of this make anyonerespect sisu at all i wonder?

i never really had a problem with sisu till this year,its one thing stabalising,its another going backwards

Brighton Sky Blue

does any of this make anyonerespect sisu at all i wonder?

i never really had a problem with sisu till this year,its one thing stabalising,its another going backwards

I don't think anyone begrudges them trying to make CCFC more sustainable. As I've said before, they have just gone about it in far too aggressive and cut-throat a manner to the point where we're hanging on for Championship survival.

J

Jack Griffin

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7523677/Pompey-debts-revealed

Portsmouth's chief executive David Lampitt has shed some light on the shocking scale of the debts as the battle to save the club goes on.

Pompey announced on Monday that they are entering administration for the second time in two years.

That decision was a direct consequence of the club's parent company, Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI), going into administration late last year.

Lampitt told Sky Sports News: "The company was put into administration in November and that has starved the club of one of its key revenue streams and led to the position we are in.

"There are a few different classes of debt. There is the secured debt from former owner Balram Chainrai of £17million.

"There is the debt to CSI, the most recent owners of the club, of about £10million.

"And there is the CVA (company voluntary arrangement) of the old company that we estimate at £16million.

"There is also a bit of trade debt including the debt to HMRC which has precipitated the current situation."

The debts are believed to total just short of £50million, which is considerably less than the nine-figure sum owed last time Portsmouth went into administration in 2010.

When questioned whether the current situation was more manageable, Lampitt was circumspect.

"The secured debt was part of that previous figure and the CVA debt was arising from that situation," he added.

"But there's still a significant level of unsecured debt in the club."

BurbageSkyBlues

how much longer before the FL take the bull by the horns, and force clubs to meet their obligations to the tax man? Cardiff got away with it for a couple of years, and as such have afforded players that should have been beyond their reach - and achieved a reasonable degree of success with cup final and play-off places. They have been steadily growing as a result, arguably denying other clubs success through unfair means.

If a wealthy person wants to bank-roll success at a club, then that is different. Not paying taxes is a totally different matter.

To rub salt into this unfair wound, the size of the tax bill would reflect the wages paid to the players, which again would reflect the standard of unaffordable players that they should not have in the first place!!

The league should automatically relegate any club that behaves in this way - it is cheating..........cheating the taxman, the general public, schools, hospitals, other clubs and their fans....just about everyone.....IMO

rant over:slap:

ccfc.png

mark82

Portsmouth are no more guilty of reaching to high than we were, the only difference is we actually had some sellable assets and a dodgy hedge fund

They have plenty of sellable assets. Probably more than we did. They turned down offers for a couple of players in January!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Yes I agree that both clubs in fact all clubs reach too high for what they can actually afford - thats going to have to change, if the FA /FL/PL ever grow some balls

Think there is a difference though - Pompey had assets to sell (players) and they refused to..... SISU have taken action to reduce losses by reducing costs and selling players(whether any one agrees with how is a different thing) but it appears that despite parachute payments and good support Pompey decided they didnt have to. Also having been through administration once you would think they would understand the importance of terms like "good financial control" "living within our means" "repaying creditors" "sticking to agreements made " etc ..... clearly that fell on deaf ears

Last edited:

mark82

The Imposter

CCFC.......so you just thought it a good idea to log onto the Portsmouth News website to harangue the supporters of the club. If you have a problem with the club I humbly suggest you e-mail any of the crooks that have taken our great club once again to the precipice of liquidation. We could do no more about it than you could. ........Now do one.

What an absolute tool.

Astute

I am on a 12 hour nightshift soon. Can use my phone all night. Could be fun.

Keep it up Mark, need a little backup :p

Brighton Sky Blue

'The good news is that the club,(Lampitt?) did not sell any players during the transfer window. What he did wrong, if he did, will only come out in the long term. My feeling is he a good guy who has an awful job'

You're wasting your time Astute and Mark.

Astute

Not to me :laugh: You get idiots at all clubs. We have our own. Will be tracking down all portsmouth fansites tonight. Getting paid to have fun isn't that bad :p

mark82

Not to me :laugh: You get idiots at all clubs. We have our own. Will be tracking down all portsmouth fansites tonight. Getting paid to have fun isn't that bad :p

The only problem is that I have to use my phone as the company I work for block all Internet forums :(

Dont read too much into this. Appleton is just trying to apply pressure on the Football League to allow them to loan players. They will ignore him and say use your youth team, but he will have made it clear that if they go down its not his fault!

Will be stunned if they only get 10 points should be nearer 20.

Users who are viewing this thread