Portsmouth- what on earth (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

one jumped ship

Huseklepp Joins Birmingham

Pompey’s Norwegian striker Erik Huseklepp has signed for Championship rivals Birmingham City on loan.

The loan deal will last until the end of the season but will be extended in the event of Birmingham reaching the play-offs.

Huseklepp, 27, was signed by former Pompey boss Steve Cotterill on a three-year deal in August. He came from Italian club Bari after spending less than a year there, in which time they were relegated amid financial problems.
Having started his career at Norwegian club Fyllingen, Huseklepp spent six years with fellow Norwegian’s Brann.
An international with 26 senior appearances to his name, he made his Pompey debut as a late substitute in a 0-0 draw at Bristol City, catching the eye immediately.

Huseklepp’s sixth goal for the Blues came in a 1-1 draw at Blackpool earlier this month.

ccfcway

interesting comment on th academy lads from their forum

"to play the kids we need to get them signed to professional contracts, and we cant afford to do it"

Sick Boy

"to play the kids we need to get them signed to professional contracts, and we cant afford to do it"

I am not so sure they are going to reach the end of the season to be honest.

Joy Division

They don't need to sign a proffesional contract

Joy Division

Employment laws in the UK, to my understanding state that you have to be over the age of 16 and of leaving school age in order to sign a professional contract or take up full time employment. If this is the case then I'm aware of a 15 year old player playing for Derby this season. He could not have a professional contract by law.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just out of interest where in the Football league rules does it say about if youth team player plays 3 times for senior team then is then registered as first team player? Not saying it is wrong just like to see it in black and white. Cheers :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just out of interest where in the Football league rules does it say about if youth team player plays 3 times for senior team then is then registered as first team player? Not saying it is wrong just like to see it in black and white. Cheers :)

This is the best I can do OSB...I emailed the Football League earlier in the week and this is what they came back with -

"Clubs are only permitted to sell players within the transfer window period and can only loan players out within the loan window period.

Any football club that is in administration will be subject to a transfer registrations embargo. The principle being that where clubs are not able to afford their current playing squad they are not permitted to sign anyone else.

In view of any embargo The Football League cannot allow a club to sign any new players, unless they are unable to field a team, i.e. name fourteen fit players for any match (11 starters plus 3 ‘usable outfield substitutes’ – which is usual Football League policy). However, we only take account of players with any first team experience and young professionals who haven’t played at first team level are therefore discounted."

They're obviously engaging in some 'gamesmanship' by talking about 'common sense' but also pushing the FL rules as far as they can. Huseklepp has just been loaned to Brum, but they seem to have quite a few forwards, so look like they're planning on getting rid of strikers to take them under 14 players and then get an emergency loan or two in. Maybe a marquee one...

Loan window closes 22/3 apparently.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

What the hell is going on. I thought if you went into admin you were in a transfer embargo, or at the very least under a one way embargo. E.G. No players in, but you were allowed players out to bring money in.

Pompey seal loan deal for Scottish midfielder.

Pompey have signed midfielder Scott Allan on a one-month loan deal from West Brom.

Michael Appleton has added to his threadbare squad by going back to his former club for the 21-year-old, subject to Football League approval.
Despite interest from both Celtic and Rangers, Scotland under-21 international Allan joined West Brom from Dundee United only last month on a two-and-a-half year deal.
Pompey were allowed to bring in another player after Erik Huseklepp joined Birmingham on loan today.

Source: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/p...l_loan_deal_for_scottish_midfielder_1_3555125

I hope the Football league stop this happening as per the Scottish PL last week.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Cheers MD

So looks like there might be a policy but no actual rule. It also looks more like appleton is choosing not to use youngsters rather than his hands being tied

mark82

It's getting a little ridiculous. How can they afford to bring in loans and we can't. Something wrong with that. They are in admin and we are still being punished for trying to play by the rules.

ccfcway

What the hell is going on. I thought if you went into admin you were in a transfer embargo, or at the very least under a one way embargo. E.G. No players in, but you were allowed players out to bring money in.

Pompey seal loan deal for Scottish midfielder.

Pompey have signed midfielder Scott Allan on a one-month loan deal from West Brom.

Michael Appleton has added to his threadbare squad by going back to his former club for the 21-year-old, subject to Football League approval.
Despite interest from both Celtic and Rangers, Scotland under-21 international Allan joined West Brom from Dundee United only last month on a two-and-a-half year deal.
Pompey were allowed to bring in another player after Erik Huseklepp joined Birmingham on loan today.

Source: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/p...l_loan_deal_for_scottish_midfielder_1_3555125

I hope the Football league stop this happening as per the Scottish PL last week.

LOL, gotta laugh havent you, they have signed 2 players since they have been in administration already !!!

Joy Division

It's getting a little ridiculous. How can they afford to bring in loans and we can't. Something wrong with that. They are in admin and we are still being punished for trying to play by the rules.

I'm guessing West Brom will be paying the wages in full whilst on loan.

MusicDating

Cheers MD

So looks like there might be a policy but no actual rule. It also looks more like appleton is choosing not to use youngsters rather than his hands being tied

Absolutely, and I imagine this has been Appleton's policy for a month or two. Similar to SISU, Chainrai stopped putting money in a while back, so they must've have known administration was coming.

Methinks we'll see a FL (maybe PL too) rule change or two over the summer regarding admin as this situation may become more frequent next season...

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm guessing West Brom will be paying the wages in full whilst on loan.

They will, but there will still be some expenses incurred that Pompey will need to take care of-say, food/board at away matches and all sorts of miscellaneous costs. At a time when they let 30+ people go redundant, the whole thing stinks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely, and I imagine this has been Appleton's policy for a month or two. Similar to SISU, Chainrai stopped putting money in a while back, so they must've have known administration was coming.

Methinks we'll see a FL (maybe PL too) rule change or two over the summer regarding admin as this situation may become more frequent next season...

Chainrai handed the club over to Antonov's CSI group last summer. Antonov kept the club funded through his Lithuanian bank, the assets of which were frozen when it itself went into administration. It was this freezing of Antonov's funds that starved Pompey of cash, not so much Chainrai.

ashbyjan

Wonder if as Pompeys "terrible" injury crisis abates will they hand back the loanees keeping their squad at 14? Yeah right - they have yet again flouted the rules and have been allowed to do it. As long as clubs continue to be bailed out they will continue to be run badly and clubs like ours that have tried to run a tight ship are being punished.

Sick Boy

Wonder if as Pompeys "terrible" injury crisis abates will they hand back the loanees keeping their squad at 14? Yeah right - they have yet again flouted the rules and have been allowed to do it. As long as clubs continue to be bailed out they will continue to be run badly and clubs like ours that have tried to run a tight ship are being punished.

How many transfer embargos have we been placed under recently? Was that because we weren't paying clubs we owed money to?

MusicDating

Chainrai handed the club over to Antonov's CSI group last summer. Antonov kept the club funded through his Lithuanian bank, the assets of which were frozen when it itself went into administration. It was this freezing of Antonov's funds that starved Pompey of cash, not so much Chainrai.

Yes, BSB you're right, I should have been clearer. Chainrai is (supposedly) owed £17m and is the secured creditor, but since CSI went into admin in Nov no-one has been funding Pompey, so they must've known admin was inevitable since then.

and we thought the ownership of Cov was murky!

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, BSB you're right, I should have been clearer. Chainrai is (supposedly) owed £17m and is the secured creditor, but since CSI went into admin in Nov no-one has been funding Pompey, so they must've known admin was inevitable since then.

and we thought the ownership of Cov was murky!

Seppala and Igwe sitting in a tree....nuff said :p

J

Jack Griffin

Chainrai offered £0.5M investment on condition Andronikou was appointed Administrator, the courts thought there would be a conflict of interests as Andronikou is the Administrator for administrator of Portsmouth's holding company, Convers Sports Initiatives and appointed Birch instead. Now Andronikou is claiming Birch has a conflict of interests because he has previously audited Portsmouth and has lodged a complaint with the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Its all fun & games at Pompey.

Birch is now challenging the true value of the assests Chainrai has his £17m secured against, if the market value is less he gets less back.

I'm sure they are all perfectly ethical practitionars of the dark arts. :D

pusbccfc

Huskhleep (However you spell it!!!) has gone to birmingham on loan for 3months from pompy.

MusicDating

(I see there's another thread about this, but this one seems more appropriate)

It gets even worse for Pompey. This guy was their only hope according to their message boards -

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/p...s_out_of_pompey_deal_1_3580739?commentspage=0

This quote is from one of the potential buyers; "There are just too many cumbersome and fiscally imprudent contracts signed that in our view would only further plunder the club all over again even if someone could buy it for zero pounds sterling since the loss carried forward is insurmountable."

They have football creditor debts of between £7-£10m, Gaydamak is somehow getting their parachute payments, and their few players are still on premiership contracts. And that's before the non-football creditor debts of £2m to HMRC, Chanrai's £?m and a CVA of £16.5m outstanding (which gets ripped up apparently).

Oh and they dont own the stadium. Or the training ground. Or their academy.

There's no way their supporters trust could find the money needed. If the do somehow last until the end of the season, I cannot see how they can start the next.

All is will take is for HMRC to win their Football creditors rule court case (which I think they will) and next season could be carnage...

Users who are viewing this thread