Pre-Season Tour (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It is really bad form and understand your real frustration
However, it wasn't done on purpose and out of the clubs hands. Whilst we all despise SISU, cannot blame them
In my opinion the club should offer you a refund or something special like training with the team for a day.

I get it won’t be intentional by the club, but it’s still a PR disaster just as things were looking up. If they didn’t want to potentially play a team who will be in the same division as us why announce something so early on?

Yet again it’ll be the fans who will be out of pocket :(

Reactions: vow

letsallsingtogether

No I made it up.
They actually do care announced it at 5.30 after knowing that the trip organised by Twist and Shout had to be paid for by and by 5.00.
Leaving the organiser posibly £20,000 out of pocket.
It was confused on the website by Robbins and Brody then retracted at 5.30.
Make up your own mind.

wingy

No I made it up.
They actually do care announced it at 5.30 after knowing that the trip organised by Twist and Shout had to be paid for by and by 5.00.
Make up your own mind.
Was just thinking about that.

Otis

Here's a thought. Not the same as a game, but can't the club now ask fans to come along to a Tuesday training session and then also arrange a meet up for the fans with the Sky Blue squad and new signings after?

They could also throw in a few merchandise freebies too.

The last thing you want is disgruntled fans and this may help alleviate a bit of annoyance perhaps.

Nick

Administrator
No I made it up.
Make up your own mind.
What happened?

CovInEssex

Credit card companies are great for this sort of thing. Poor James at TnS though! Wonder if they didn’t like him taking coach commission away

wingy

What happened?
Seems they've been liasing with James throughout with agreements on cross promotion of things and on information of any schedule changes and waited until after his deadline to announce
A risk he took as could have been any natural event scuppering his efforts ,but looks a bit iffy this way IMO.

chiefdave

No I made it up.
Make up your own mind.
How will it change the Twist and Shout trip? They're out there until the day after the game.

chiefdave

Some have booked to come back Thursday due to commitments
That makes sense then. I thought T&S were chartering a plane themselves so everyone would be flying out, coming back, at the same time.

Don't know where I made that up from, must be old age!

Given that the games have been moved or cancelled every year for the past few years surprised so many people risked it. Not like it was ever going to be a glamour can't miss game.

Nick

Administrator
That makes sense then. I thought T&S were chartering a plane themselves so everyone would be flying out, coming back, at the same time.

Given that the games have been moved or cancelled every year for the past few years surprised so many people risked it. Not like it was ever going to be a glamour can't miss game.
I thought they were chartering a plane too?

So the beef is that they announced we were playing Everton u23 after everybody has paid up to a third party?

wingy

Agree any event is open to risk of cancelation for all sorts of reasons and there is a history here
If guys are still going and coming back Thursday I wouldn't understand the need for refunds etc
If they're cancelling not sure I see why
The actual football match is a secondary factor.

chiefdave

The actual football match is a secondary factor.
Good point, anyone who's going just for a friendly against unknown opposition wants their head examining! Maybe the club could have an open training session on the date the match was supposed to be.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A training session / match / meet and greet would still depend on where they were to have that. Should the team be staying where they did last year it’s still well away from where fans will be staying. I know Id probably not venture out there this time round after last year! It’s not taxi-able unless the cost was split, there appeared to be little public transport, and after last year I’m ruling out push bikes!

If they stay near to where this arranged fixture is, it’s still going to mean more expense on travelling!

I might just see if any teams are going to the Pinatar Arena where we were supposed to be and go and be a plastic supporting them! Sort myself for a change rather than plan things around our club :(

Garryb80

Very doubtful any non british teams would be there that early. With the late finishes and worldcup im amazed we even hinted at 2 games. Badly planned again so glad i trusted my gut not to go again

The Lurker

I thought they were chartering a plane too?

So the beef is that they announced we were playing Everton u23 after everybody has paid up to a third party?
My ‘beef’ is moving venue and date of game. If it wasn’t 100% confirmed then they shouldn’t have offered hotels etc... dont why anyone would stick up for them here?

clint van damme

this is really poor form from the club. Be interesting to hear how they respond to the complaints supporters have made.

james raffell

You are all bang on, I’ve chartered the flight for it but because of the amount asking if they could return early, I had the agreement with Jet2 that I will have the whole flight going out, and coming back it’ll be 2 halves (if that makes sense), this is due to the fact people had work and family commitments that weekend so wanted to try and accommodate.
In hindsight I would have just made sure everyone went out and came back on the same flight but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
As someone has already touched on, the fact that club knew all along I had until 5pm to change or cancel, and they choose when they did to change it their end, I’m sceptical.
Another annoying thing, they actually were offered a game IN ALICANTE for the Tuesday but turned it down, that would have been against Northampton. They shouldn’t advertise anything unless they know 100%, I was told all along it was certain and now this

james raffell

And before anyone says, I don’t expect the club to reimburse anything, the only thing I think they could do is put a coach on from Alicante to the game on the Friday, picking up at the hotel they advertised too.
I had one running to the game on the Tuesday but obviously that’s hopefully able to just change date

Garryb80

You are all bang on, I’ve chartered the flight for it but because of the amount asking if they could return early, I had the agreement with Jet2 that I will have the whole flight going out, and coming back it’ll be 2 halves (if that makes sense), this is due to the fact people had work and family commitments that weekend so wanted to try and accommodate.
In hindsight I would have just made sure everyone went out and came back on the same flight but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
As someone has already touched on, the fact that club knew all along I had until 5pm to change or cancel, and they choose when they did to change it their end, I’m sceptical.
Another annoying thing, they actually were offered a game IN ALICANTE for the Tuesday but turned it down, that would have been against Northampton. They shouldn’t advertise anything unless they know 100%, I was told all along it was certain and now this
Northampton dont leave the uk til the 14th so unsure how they could play us on the 10th.

james raffell

This is again what I was told by Dave boddy that they’re in Valencia so would have played in Alicante, or potentially Benidorm.

Garryb80

Can not see why he’d have said we’d have played them then. I’ll be honest I can still see the Everton game going tits up too.
Time will tell but should still be a good week
In fact to round it off they are away at brackley that night... Can only assume we were offered the tuesday after instead

Last edited:

chiefdave

Can not see why he’d have said we’d have played them then.
Wonder if the tours are organised by a third party. Can't imagine the club plan a week overseas and then ring round every club in England to see who will be there for a game. Add in that other clubs seem to be using the same complex and it seems likely.

Maybe the club need to think twice about the benefits of going abroad if its not organised properly every year.

james raffell

I’d say I’ve been told that this will be the last one, but with what’s already been quoted on here it doesn’t seem his words mean anything

sw88

Chief Commentator!

And before anyone says, I don’t expect the club to reimburse anything, the only thing I think they could do is put a coach on from Alicante to the game on the Friday, picking up at the hotel they advertised too.
I had one running to the game on the Tuesday but obviously that’s hopefully able to just change date

I think that’s the least they can do! Hope they sort us out somehow at no additional expense to us!

Users who are viewing this thread