preferred bidder is sisu (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

It's too much effort to tear it up in disgust, so I bent it out of shape in a mild apathy.

0KIamLF.jpg

Rage.

Nonleagueherewecome

I actually think, the FL will scrutinise this bid massively, they can't have another pompey situation! They must pass a fit and proper person test. This must include a credit score check!

Fit and Proper Person's Test is utterly worthless. Has anyone ever failed it?

Evo1883

either way im sure appletons bank balance is bulging , Honestly its criminal and in cases like this i believe the football league should be the people appointing the administrators

duffer

CWR just said that this will go in front of the FL on Monday, so that side of it isn't decided yet either.

Don't go bending your season tickets yet. ;)

theferret

If your such a proud Coventrian, why are you betraying your city to support a Walsall based team?

Just because he will continue to support the team doesn't mean he'll be going to watch them in Walsall. Are you saying that not only should we not go to watch them outside Coventry, but we should actually stop supporting them altogether? Boycott away games too?

Nonleagueherewecome

CWR just said that this will go in front of the FL on Monday, so that side of it isn't decided yet either.

Don't go bending your season tickets yet. ;)

Where does one buy one of these "Season Ticket's"? :confused:

bigfatronssba

Just because he will continue to support the team doesn't mean he'll be going to watch them in Walsall. Are you saying that not only should we not go to watch them outside Coventry, but we should actually stop supporting them altogether?

If I have misread it then I apologise.

I hope as many people as possible go to away games and as little as possible to "home" games.

TheRoyalScam

From the offal:

Club statement following administrator's decision on preferred bidder for CCFC Ltd:

“We are pleased with the decision which helps to assure the future of the Club.

Our absolute focus now is to exit CCFC Limited from the administration process so we can get back to ruining a football club and make the decisions we need to in time for next season.”

Sub

just a joke really:( good to see the game and all the administrators, agents and people running the clubs have morals and are not corrupt in any way

Evo1883

people on CWR saying thats it for them ,on facebook saying the same ,twitter also,are we going to have any fans left

theferret

Why, Tim was threatening to liquidate?

It was a bluff. ACL called it. A shit storm followed and here we are.

The club will survive though. Years from now we'll look back at this sorry debacle and wonder how on earth it came to this. People saying 'that's it' are just fishing for compliments and sympathy. Emotions are running high obviously, but within a week or two I think people will understand that the club is still there and a future without SISU is still possible.

James Smith

Fit and Proper Person's Test is utterly worthless. Has anyone ever failed it?
Pol Pot would doubtless fai.....Oh no he's passed it (and he's dead). I didn't know the Chester bloke had failed it though.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

SLOnAir

Hi chaps; I can't stay on here tonight. I would if I could and readily join in the conversation, but I will be taking calls & texts on my Summer Saturday Sport show tomorrow afternoon (2pm-6pm) on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. If you want to air your opinions, please contact the show tomorrow.

Call 0845 900 5 200 or text: CW + your message to 81333. Graham Mack taking calls & texts now, & I will be tomorrow between 2pm & 6pm.

Just a couple of points to bear in mind - Sisu said (& their bid apparently included this) that they will pay all unrelated, unsecured creditors (ACL, Coventry City Council & one other that I can't remember off the top of my head) in full. That would leave the debt (£45-million, or whatever it is) that is owed to Sisu itself and there are various ways in which that could be discharged. It will be interesting to see what route they take.

People have said that the FA should investigate and that the Football League will impose a further points penalty. My understanding is that neither is likely, The FA are unlikely to get involved and Sisu say that they have kept the League informed of their intentions should they be succesful, so my guess is that the League will give its blessing to the way the club exits administration. It's the latter that determines whether or not there is a further points deduction.

That's how I see it tonight, but time will tell if that's right.

Do call or text the show tomorrow; callers will be specially welcome. So many people prefer to text these days, so it is usually easier to get through if you call.

Nonleagueherewecome

Fair enough. Love the signature btw, we could do with some of that Churchillian spirit right now.

Oddly, I loath it, but tend to agree with almost everyone he says. Unlike the other right-wing toss pots on here ;)

psgm1

Banned
Now just watch the trust tuern 180 degrees and ask for talks with sisu! Of course they could surprise me and maintain a moral stance, and supportthe wish of 99% of its members.

My realistic guess - well you only have to read THIS statement from the traitors - sorry the trust.....

"The Board of the Sky Blue Trust has made it clear that we would meet with any potential purchasers of the Club who wished to involve supporters" In other words just watche either today - certainly in the next week the board of the trust defying the will of its own membership and ratting them all out just to get a seat on the board!

Think I am being harsh?

From their own lips.....

"The Trust’s prime aim is to obtain an ownership stake in CCFC, giving supporters a direct say in the running of the Club and having at least one democratically elected Trust member on the CCFC Board.”

This is pretty emphatic. They will do Anything to get power - be it going back on the 99% of the members who voted againsat having anything to do with sisu!

Again I may well be wrong, and would be happy for them to prove me wrong. Sadly history has proven time and time again these people long ago stopped pretending to have a principled stance. their sole objective is a seat on the board - precisely as I have been saying all along!

The one thing that came out of the debacle is that the overwhelming majority of their membership is no longer prepared to deal with sisu. Whilst I don't think shouting at sisu is the way ahead, I certainly cannot disagree with their sentiment.

Only time will tell if the board of the trust stand by supporters directs stance, or the stance they stated when they were formed:

"A last chance when all else fails". I suspect I will not have long to wait before I am proven right all along!

And When the board betray their membership and ask for talks with sisu, tell me then I didn't know what I was talking about!

The voice of the fans? Do me a favour! Where is there call of outrage? Individuals have, but once more the trust has gone silent!

What a surprise

mattylad

Hi chaps; I can't stay on here tonight. I would if I could and readily join in the conversation, but I will be taking calls & texts on my Summer Saturday Sport show tomorrow afternoon (2pm-6pm) on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. If you want to air your opinions, please contact the show tomorrow.

Call 0845 900 5 200 or text: CW + your message to 81333. Graham Mack taking calls & texts now, & I will be tomorrow between 2pm & 6pm.

Just a couple of points to bear in mind - Sisu said (& their bid apparently included this) that they will pay all unrelated, unsecured creditors (ACL, Coventry City Council & one other that I can't remember off the top of my head) in full. That would leave the debt (£45-million, or whatever it is) that is owed to Sisu itself and there are various ways in which that could be discharged. It will be interesting to see what route they take.

People have said that the FA should investigate and that the Football League will impose a further points penalty. My understanding is that neither is likely, The FA are unlikely to get involved and Sisu say that they have kept the League informed of their intentions should they be succesful, so my guess is that the League will give its blessing to the way the club exits administration. It's the latter that determines whether or not there is a further points deduction.

Do call or text the show tomorrow; callers will be specially welcome. So many people prefer to text these days, so it is usually easier to get through if you call.
I smell a new debenture Stu but until we no for sure we will have to wait.

jon92

ACL's hired London PR firm Weber Shandwick saying ACL will "respond soon". No clarity on when. Come in Weber Shandwick...

Chipfat

Sisu and TF care nothing about the fans city or its history so those happy tonight enjoy Sisu,, because this club is not the one i've supported all my life. TF is happy to say he doesn't care about us, our feelings or even our thoughts ,,, well then he can't care if my money doesn't support his plans to take the club outside of the city.. So that's me done for now and hope the FL question how this company can carry on with high debts, low income and late with everything asked be fit and proper people to carry on dragging this club down....

James Smith

It was a bluff. ACL called it. A shit storm followed and here we are.
No it can't have been a bluff because Tim doesn't posture or threaten etc. Remember you only do business in good faith. Always

Well Tim my £200 that I somehow seemed to spend every year at the club shop (sorry barrow) on presents and on the odd match that I can make is stopping. If there are any away games that I can make in the South I'll try and get there to support what's left of the team but
You are not getting one penny more out of me.:blue:​

jon92

"The London-based company (Otium) is registered to three ex-Sky Blues directors Ken Dulieu, Onye Igwe and Leonard Brody."

Flying Fokker

Things need to take a significant upward turn don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread