Pressley (1 Viewer)

mark82

He must live on a different planet to me. Apparently a lot of positives. Where?

He's starting to annoy me again at the moment. It's a bit like when he first took over and we went really shit, and he kept telling us how it was a positive losing to teams like Oldham.

If anyone from Huddersfield is reading, Pressley is the best manager ever. Please don't steal him from us.

Nick

Administrator
He does seem a bit Thornesque with watching different games and stubbornness with things that don't work.

Rusty Trombone

We had the best chances to score didn't we, that's quite positive. We can concentrate on the league now, another positive. We don't need to play Port Vale away, positive. No one died, positive.

SkyBlueScottie

His interview summed up the game perfectly. We didn't start well, started with trepidation, got better in the second 1/2. Using superlatives just shows he has a decent vocabulary..... Swanson did very well or Swanson was terrific at times.... There really is no difference.

Paddy9239

Best manager we've had in years. Shoestring budget, no ground, poor squad depth. Don't think he's the real issue.

Thoroughly expect him to move to Huddersfield though, 'flattered by interest but happy here' screams I want to show you I'm interested yet not offend my current employers.

mark82

His interview summed up the game perfectly. We didn't start well, started with trepidation, got better in the second 1/2. Using superlatives just shows he has a decent vocabulary..... Swanson did very well or Swanson was terrific at times.... There really is no difference.

I thought we were shit personally.

_brian_

4 wins in 26 now? Looking difficult to make an argument for him.

I'll make a n. Argument for himm!!! He is a lvely lovely man! Sowhat if weve had a bad strat to the season - he s got it right before and he canget it right agaim! He's a lovely man so don,t you tell me he isn't!!! He needs our suppport so let's get behind him*!!!

(*Not in tjat way you sickos!!! LoL!)

mark82

Best manager we've had in years. Shoestring budget, no ground, poor squad depth. Don't think he's the real issue.

Thoroughly expect him to move to Huddersfield though, 'flattered by interest but happy here' screams I want to show you I'm interested yet not offend my current employers.

His record says otherwise. Yes there are other factors but tactics are crap, signings are crap and assessment of the game is crap.

bradwellskyblues

sat 29 march our last win,i am sorry to say having seen several of the worst games in many life oldham away springs to mind, the start of this season is very worrying we lack any forward momentum all the new players look the same basically poor.If the powers that be dont do something positive very quickly our club will simply wither and die

Johnnythespider

Rusty y Trombone;753641 said:
We had the best chances to score didn't we, that's quite positive. We can concentrate on the league now, another positive. We don't need to play Port Vale away, positive. No one died, positive.

I wasn't there and didn't watch it on the box = positive

SkyBlue_Bear83

No doubt we were shit for 60 minutes, the last 30 minutes were positive and I think there were positive to be taken out of the game no matter how slim.

Haynes was good when he came on, miles better than Pugh. I thought O'Brien showed some nice touches and shown enough he can be a good addition for us, Mcquoid general play was good although he never looked like scoring. In the last 20-30 minutes Swanson and Fleck both came to life and started playing some good stuff, Miller scored a good goal.

Negatives, Pugh and Clarke were really poor and don't look like they know how to play wing back. Daniels is still crap and Finch isn't nearly ready to play in the first team. Fleck and Swanson were both awful for the first 60 minutes or so

ccfc92

If you are going to be a troll or something at least do it properly fella.

If I was trying to get likes or say things to impress people then why would I say something against Thorn?

I think you've just answered your own question :pointlaugh:

_brian_

the other thig I like about Pressley is his smile! Sorry that this isn't really fotball related comment guys!! ,

mcm sky blue

Defensively we are really poor, why encourage Clark to go on runs when he always gives it away.

Midfield has a massive hole between defence and midfield, the defence needs to push up quicker and we need a holding player just to sit in.

Attack wise nothing, Mcquoide is not the answer. Tudgey is a better player so maybe him and a big strong forward would work. We need pace down the flanks that we haven't got. Baker needs to be in the team at least he can run with the ball,

Overall we need I would say 4 more players to compete in the league, could be a long season if we don't get anyone in.

ccfc92

Well I wouldn't would I, because people who thought Thorn was awful was another "minority".

Have a think before you post.

So you posted post #2 on this very thread when he was manager?

That's what I replied to?

Hobo

He does seem a bit Thornesque with watching different games and stubbornness with things that don't work.

Enlighten me how you would turn things around?

We have so many young players, who understandably play with nativity, they need nurturing and protecting not moronic criticism.

If we could convert your sweeping tactics on behalf of SISU to our defence, we would be as tight as a ducks arse at the back and I would fancy us for promotion.

Terry Gibson's perm

Are they waiting for Huddersfield to come and take him for the compo to save them having to sack him and pay him off?

cmoncity

Mate who went game was talking to timmy.he has Been told by fischer tonight they will not let pressley leave as he is just starting his building job. And ricoh deal is definatley on! Apparently waggot said to some other lad that smith lad at swindon is a priority signing and we will make one more offer for him.personally dont think many managers would do much better with what pressleys having to deal with squad budget and sixfields.i agree record not great at min but he has a whole new squad that need to gel.we need to trust our manager for once and back him.onlyway this club will change if structure is consistant for a while on the playing side.

turlykerd

Enlighten me how you would turn things around?

We have so many young players, who understandably play with nativity, they need nurturing and protecting not moronic criticism.

If we could convert your sweeping tactics on behalf of SISU to our defence, we would be as tight as a ducks arse at the back and I would fancy us for promotion.

Still only the second game of a long season , and against way better opposition (although there 2nd team)

The first half was an woeful showing , but then we improved a little in the second half .

And at least we won't have any crappy cup runs to distract us from •our promotion push/relegation battle .. AND at least SISU won't have this cup payoff from a big away day

•delete as appropriate in April

ccfc92

Mate who went game was talking to timmy.he has Been told by fischer tonight they will not let pressley leave as he is just starting his building job. And ricoh deal is definatley on! Apparently waggot said to some other lad that smith lad at swindon is a priority signing and we will make one more offer for him.personally dont think many managers would do much better with what pressleys having to deal with squad budget and sixfields.i agree record not great at min but he has a whole new squad that need to gel.we need to trust our manager for once and back him.onlyway this club will change if structure is consistant for a while on the playing side.

so what bit that does/does not happen do we believe this mate?

SP going, us not signing Smith or us not going back to the Rioch?

And Timmy, just came out with all of this?

cmoncity

I can only pass on what ive beem told. apparentley he was speaking quite openley to anyone that talked to him tonight.again i wasnt there so am only passing on info ive been given.

ccfc92

I can only pass on what ive beem told. apparentley he was speaking quite openley to anyone that talked to him tonight.again i wasnt there so am only passing on info ive been given.

fair enough.

I just can't see a highly sensitive business deal being discussed on football terraces.

Although the attendees are in cosily with TF ;)

RFC

so what bit that does/does not happen do we believe this mate?

SP going, us not signing Smith or us not going back to the Rioch?

And Timmy, just came out with all of this?

Ah well never mind, one you may just believe something! Also possible loan striker from Premiership club (if all parties see sense?), not sure about the Smith situation but would not surprise me if we made another bid.

As for the Ricoh, we'll be back (on a temporary basis) within 3 to 4 weeks!

I know few on here believe it, so let's just wait and see! PUSB

Kingokings204

No doubt we were shit for 60 minutes, the last 30 minutes were positive and I think there were positive to be taken out of the game no matter how slim.

Haynes was good when he came on, miles better than Pugh. I thought O'Brien showed some nice touches and shown enough he can be a good addition for us, Mcquoid general play was good although he never looked like scoring. In the last 20-30 minutes Swanson and Fleck both came to life and started playing some good stuff, Miller scored a good goal.

Negatives, Pugh and Clarke were really poor and don't look like they know how to play wing back. Daniels is still crap and Finch isn't nearly ready to play in the first team. Fleck and Swanson were both awful for the first 60 minutes or so

Sp said finch was excellent, he was crap

ccfc92

Ah well never mind, one you may just believe something! Also possible loan striker from Premiership club (if all parties see sense?), not sure about the Smith situation but would not surprise me if we made another bid.

As for the Ricoh, we'll be back (on a temporary basis) within 3 to 4 weeks!

I know few on here believe it, so let's just wait and see! PUSB

Strange, you say temporary, yet SISU have changed from "build our own stadium" to "own our own stadium"

Keep up, HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread