Price Of Concert Tickets (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When the Isle of Wight Festival comes round each year, I never buy a ticket. I can hear everything quite plainly from my front room! Okay, so the atmosphere ain't quite the same, but I bet none of the festival goers has a comfortable settee in their tents! I just leave my windows open, grab a few cans, relax and enjoy!

clint van damme

When the Isle of Wight Festival comes round each year, I never buy a ticket. I can hear everything quite plainly from my front room! Okay, so the atmosphere ain't quite the same, but I bet none of the festival goers has a comfortable settee in their tents! I just leave my windows open, grab a few cans, relax and enjoy!

has Bestival quitting the island had much of an impact H?
Spoke to a few locals when I was over for it who said it was a real money spinner for the local economy.

bringbackrattles

You'll have Harry Shaw coaches now pulling up outside your house with loads of Cov music fans carrying packs of lager, and erecting tents in your back garden !

Houchens Head

has Bestival quitting the island had much of an impact H?
Spoke to a few locals when I was over for it who said it was a real money spinner for the local economy.
I went to Bestival and it was brilliant. Well run, loads of assistance to get around the site and staff were great. It's had a big impact on the locals as a lot of the small businesses rely on things like the Festival, Bestival and Cowes week. Sure, we have loads of smaller festivals, but Bestival was huge and brought a good bit of income onto the island. I know Rob De Bank personally, and believe me, he didn't pull any punches when he blamed the cost of the ferries as the main reason for moving it to the mainland. His annual bill for the ferries alone (bringing all the equipment etc) was around £800,000.

chiefdave

I know Rob De Bank personally, and believe me, he didn't pull any punches when he blamed the cost of the ferries as the main reason for moving it to the mainland. His annual bill for the ferries alone (bringing all the equipment etc) was around £800,000.
I know its a privately run event but couldn't the council step in and put some pressure on the ferry company.

clint van damme

I went to Bestival and it was brilliant. Well run, loads of assistance to get around the site and staff were great. It's had a big impact on the locals as a lot of the small businesses rely on things like the Festival, Bestival and Cowes week. Sure, we have loads of smaller festivals, but Bestival was huge and brought a good bit of income onto the island. I know Rob De Bank personally, and believe me, he didn't pull any punches when he blamed the cost of the ferries as the main reason for moving it to the mainland. His annual bill for the ferries alone (bringing all the equipment etc) was around £800,000.

I went to it for years but wasn't at the final one on the island which I believe didn't go too well.
They must have saved a fortune doing what they do now, having Camp Bestival and Bestival on the same site on the mainland on consecutive weekends.

Pity for the island though. We were always treated very well by the locals when we went over there.

Houchens Head

I know its a privately run event but couldn't the council step in and put some pressure on the ferry company.
The Council love Shitelink Ferries. Whatever the ferry companies want, they get. IW Council are absolute shite!

Users who are viewing this thread