Question for Grendel, Nick, Torch etc... (1 Viewer)

rondog1973

Why the indignation fella's?

Wasps now own CCC's share of the Ricoh, but according to you guy's, they (CCC) were less trustworthy than Sisu. Result surely?

Why the sudden outrage on behalf of Wasps fans? Last season it was just about "Taking my Lad" and "Watching my team" regardless of location.

Yours intrigued.

Como

The only thing that has really changed is who owns ACL and who CCFC rent from.

hill83

Not to speak on behalf of them, but I'm pretty sure if we had bought Sixfields they wouldn't have gone to games.

Nick

Administrator
Have we moved somewhere permanently and I missed it?

Sorry I just thought everybody was against moving teams, I got shit for going but now some of the same people are ok with another club being moved as it gets one over on sisu.

I did watch my team play and wouldn't blame wasps fans if they did watch, what do 'city fans' who are happy about it get out of it?

Funny how some of the pricks giving it scab are now backing this isn't it, funny how a lot of them don't actually post about football on here too ;)

According to me, they are all as dodgy as each other.

Ian1779

The fact is that the deal that allowed Wasps to buy ACL is no better than any of the deals that SISU put together.
We had people saying that a children's charity was being done out of money by SISU - well they've been well and truly done on this deal.
Months of claims from CCC about how SISU's actions actions were wrong in moving the club to Northampton.
Months of claims from CCC/ACL that their actions were done 'in the best interests of Coventry City' which included rejecting a CVA.

In the end, they sell a stadium built for CCFC, to a team that originates nearly 100 miles away, for a worse deal than the one they could have done with SISU.

I hope now that it transpires that the club were in on the Wasps deal the whole time. Teach the hypocrites at the council a lesson.

And hopefully every one of the cunts that voted for this loses their job at the next elections.

covmark

The fact is that the deal that allowed Wasps to buy ACL is no better than any of the deals that SISU put together.
We had people saying that a children's charity was being done out of money by SISU - well they've been well and truly done on this deal.
Months of claims from CCC about how SISU's actions actions were wrong in moving the club to Northampton.
Months of claims from CCC/ACL that their actions were done 'in the best interests of Coventry City' which included rejecting a CVA.

In the end, they sell a stadium built for CCFC, to a team that originates nearly 100 miles away, for a worse deal than the one they could have done with SISU.

I hope now that it transpires that the club were in on the Wasps deal the whole time. Teach the hypocrites at the council a lesson.

And hopefully every one of the cunts that voted for this loses their job at the next elections.

Have to agree, not many whinging now about the childrens charity being ripped off.

Astute

So what deals did SISU put together? Did they keep to them?

What are the details on the Wasps deal?

Godiva

I think there were probably a few employees of ACL who were scared of losing their job if sisu took them over.
Well, they won't be any safer with these new owners.

New owners -> new idea's.
New 'Chiefs' -> New 'Indians'.

Ian1779

I think there were probably a few employees of ACL who were scared of losing their job if sisu took them over.

One thing that I found frustrating was that the bigwigs at ACL were pretty much untouchable - in terms of the electorate at least.

The Gentleman

Yes Godiva, New owners and new ideas, what have we had since 2007? Lots of new ideas and chiefs and every step has been a backwards one, but I'm sure you still think that Sisu would have made a good job of owning the Ricoh :pointlaugh:

The Gentleman

One thing that I found frustrating was that the bigwigs at ACL were pretty much untouchable - in terms of the electorate at least.

Chance of answering Astute's question Ian about the deals you say Sisu have brokered and seen through for us?

Edit: Sorry as I forgot about the Suing and the JR :facepalm:

Last edited:

sky blue john

Simple

Wasps £20M Sisu (£10M) TF

IH you will always find some on here ignore the facts !
They also ignore the JR result and the damming verdict of the judge !
They also ignore the exile to sixfields !
They also ignore there was a better rental deal on the table but the owners were hell bent on the move !

theferret

Simple

Wasps £20M Sisu (£10M) TF

Correct me if I'm wrong, Wasps have paid around £5 million to secure 100% ownership of a 250 year leasehold. They are not clearing the loan, they are just taking it on.

SISU bid for the Higgs stake (i.e 50%) on a much shorter lease and their offer would have seen the then mortgage cleared and ACL would have been debt free.

Wasps have got the Ricoh for peanuts. If SISU had got this deal some people would have been outraged. Oh, and Higgs (the charity) have lost several million pounds.

Great for the taxpayer though eh?

Grendel

Astute

The sisu offer was for half the company so the deal was the same.

Simple.

It must be simple.

Fisher says 2m and up to 10m. This don't mean 10m. And we don't know what the offer was for. But we do know that they tried to say that ACL was valueless. The Wasps deal looks like 20m. We don't know the details of either. Yet you know.

Astute

Correct me if I'm wrong, Wasps have paid around £5 million to secure 100% ownership of a 250 year leasehold. They are not clearing the loan, they are just taking it on.

SISU bid for the Higgs stake (i.e 50%) on a much shorter lease and their offer would have seen the then mortgage cleared and ACL would have been debt free.

Wasps have got the Ricoh for peanuts. If SISU had got this deal some people would have been outraged. Oh, and Higgs (the charity) have lost several million pounds.

Great for the taxpayer though eh?

Oh yes. The offer that they didn't follow through.

martcov

The stalemate is Broken. New Chances, new risks. TF still sticking to same old crap, but the Situation has changed. Not interested in What SISU would have done - only interested in their next move. The P.i.T.S. Stadium would mean League 1 or 2 forever and is therefore not a Real option- just TF Bluff.

Grendel

It must be simple.

Fisher says 2m and up to 10m. This don't mean 10m. And we don't know what the offer was for. But we do know that they tried to say that ACL was valueless. The Wasps deal looks like 20m. We don't know the details of either. Yet you know.

Did you hear the interview?

Malaka

If SISU had bought the stadium we would have been stuck with them for years. The council are right to sell it, SISU have said they do not want the stadium or refuse to pay the asking price. Football aside why the hell should the council sell to them? They have been proved to be snakes who attempted to distress a charity. FUCK SISU they don't deserve the right to own the club. They are so stubborn that they are throwing good money after bad. Appalling business sense, they will realise that no one wants them here, they will realise that football is not an investment opportunity to make money, very few clubs can do this and the sooner they clock on the better for everyone. So either build us a new stadium or fuck off

Moff

Why dont you both just agree to disagree?

(it may save you both pages of typing)

Grendel

Have you seen the details of both bids? You are making out as though you have.

So you didn't hear the interview? Why comment on something you didn't hear?

torchomatic

No one knows the details of the Wasps deal and that's the problem. PEter Rossborough called it a big exercise in non-democracy as CRFC and CCFC weren't consulted. Also, Lucas has said the deal only went ahead because of guarantees that the City's sports teams' would be OK. How can she know?

And to answer the OP. If we'd moved permanently to Sixfields then I wouldn't have gone. And I'll turn the question around if that's OK. Why the outrage for CCFC fans - and begging other clubs' fans to sign our petition - but not an ounce of sympathy for Wasps' fans?

Did Lucas not say that a team should never be removed from its community?

So what deals did SISU put together? Did they keep to them?

What are the details on the Wasps deal?

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Remember those three weeks when people weren't being split into factions for willy-waving contests?

Astute

So you didn't hear the interview? Why comment on something you didn't hear?

Do you mean like talking about deals that you know nothing about?

I didn't hear the interview. But others on here did. I followed the thread. I have more of an idea about the interview than you do about the deals that nobody knows about yet.

Like you said earlier. Simple :p

Moff

Also, Lucas has said the deal only went ahead because of guarantees that the City's sports teams' would be OK. How can she know?

If that is true, it is scandalous, as without proper consultation with either CCFC or CRF how the hell can she guarantee this. It makes me think that she believes her knowledge is a lot greater than it actually is, and that she feels being Council Leader makes her the font of all knowledge.

Astute

No one knows the details of the Wasps deal and that's the problem. PEter Rossborough called it a big exercise in non-democracy as CRFC and CCFC weren't consulted. Also, Lucas has said the deal only went ahead because of guarantees that the City's sports teams' would be OK. How can she know?

And to answer the OP. If we'd moved permanently to Sixfields then I wouldn't have gone. And I'll turn the question around if that's OK. Why the outrage for CCFC fans - and begging other clubs' fans to sign our petition - but not an ounce of sympathy for Wasps' fans?

Did Lucas not say that a team should never be removed from its community?

Couldn't have put it better Torch. Just hope that there isn't even more bad news hidden from us somewhere.

The Penguin

Remember those three weeks when people weren't being split into factions for willy-waving contests?

Oh, we were, it's just that those factions were football related (e.g. Thomas can play v THOMAS IS FUCKING SHIT FUCK OFF THOMAS)

:)

fernandopartridge

The only thing that has really changed is who owns ACL and who CCFC rent from.
That isn't the big problem for me. The CLUB has now lost its first refusal on half of ACL. It's lost any ability to prosper from a stadium that was built for it.

shy_tall_knight

SISU had opportunities to buy ACL - when they first bought the club or in the tears that they owned it. If SISU have been overlooked you must ask yourself why and IMO it's their conduct. The unnecessary move to Northampton, the unnecessary court cases, the chant of we are building our own stadium - ACL & CCC - have got other more important things to do than manage a constant niggling tenant such as CCFC. WASPS deal even if not for more money allows CCC & ACL to move on and they have. We are now left with incredibly incompetent owners who have seen reduced crowds relegation in their 7 years but some still think they are the good guys.

Nick

Administrator
SISU had opportunities to buy ACL - when they first bought the club or in the tears that they owned it. If SISU have been overlooked you must ask yourself why and IMO it's their conduct. The unnecessary move to Northampton, the unnecessary court cases, the chant of we are building our own stadium - ACL & CCC - have got other more important things to do than manage a constant niggling tenant such as CCFC. WASPS deal even if not for more money allows CCC & ACL to move on and they have. We are now left with incredibly incompetent owners who have seen reduced crowds relegation in their 7 years but some still think they are the good guys.

Who thinks they are the good guys?

torchomatic

Astute

That isn't the big problem for me. The CLUB has now lost its first refusal on half of ACL. It's lost any ability to prosper from a stadium that was built for it.

Exactly. The future of our club is so uncertain now. Have we been reduced to being tenants for the very long term?

olderskyblue

Wasn't the SISU offer based on getting YB to agree a ridiculously low figure to clear the loan, (which they wouldn't have agreed)? or am i getting the offer mixed up?

if it was, the offer was a non starter anyway

Users who are viewing this thread