Ratings (1 Viewer)

CDK

Stopped the rot at least think fadz cutting the cock ups out will send a message to the other 2 CHs to do the same as we are where we deserve to be right now.

Londonccfcfan

Cracking game. 2nd half particularly we bossed it apart from that nailed on pen they really didnt threaten we were on front foot.

Much improved when Rose went off injured.

Stand outs for me.

Very pleasantly surprised Doyle and Panzo were very impressive stood up to their bullies upfront. 8s for me.

Rose shouldn't be anywhere near first team gets bullied constantly.

Hamer back to his best. Firget about his cracking goal his energy was fantastic. Was always protecting a poor Dabo in the first half wanted the ball (wasnt perfect) but he was disciplined too.

Gyokores absolutely terrorised their defence cut above. MOTM, would have got a 9 for me if he put away the easier chances.

The referee I thought was abysmal for both teams completely lost it in 2nd half. Possibly worst referee I seen live and that's saying something.

stupot07

Cracking game. 2nd half particularly we bossed it apart from that nailed on pen they really didnt threaten we were on front foot.

Much improved when Rose went off injured.

Stand outs for me.

Very pleasantly surprised Doyle and Panzo were very impressive stood up to their bullies upfront. 8s for me.

Rose shouldn't be anywhere near first team gets bullied constantly.

Hamer back to his best. Firget about his cracking goal his energy was fantastic. Was always protecting a poor Dabo in the first half wanted the ball (wasnt perfect) but he was disciplined too.

Gyokores absolutely terrorised their defence cut above. MOTM, would have got a 9 for me if he put away the easier chances.

The referee I thought was abysmal for both teams completely lost it in 2nd half. Possibly worst referee I seen live and that's saying something.
Didn't they also hit the post in the second half?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

clint van damme

The defence and keeper situation is a major issue - Wilson looks like an accident waiting to happen, whether it’s giving away a goal, penalty or getting himself sent off - the defending is on par with Sunday League at times.
Other than Bidwell and possibly Kane, none of them are Championship standard players.

Unfortunately there's been no need to wait for the accident to happen with Moore.

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

Not just your ratings but I am amazed by most of the scores for Allen and Godden both of whom did virtually nothing. I don't see how you can give Gyokeres the same score as Godden and Doyle and Bidwell are way too low.

Gyökeres was lower for the miss. Doyle was good but collectively the defence, including him, were shaky.

pusbccfc

That cannot be true as categorically every ref ever has a personal vendetta against us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No vendetta last night, just some interesting decisions. As a neutral I'd have said the ref was reasonable last night but not booking Morris after he spent the first 20 minutes hammering the linesman was strange. He then continued to do it later on in the second half.

I feel the referees do not like setting a precedent. Same goes with time wasting.

Malaka

Wilson 6 Needs to boos the defence (grow a pair)
Doyle 6 This lad is growing on me
Fadz 4 His age was exploited, at fault for the second goal and it should have been a penalty
Panzo 7 Thought he was solid
Dabo 5 much better going forward in the second half, first half he was pants
Bidwell 6.5 Decent game, hardworker
Sheaf 7 Gave the ball away a couple of times, but he is gonna be massive for us this season
Hamer 7.5 Steady, would have been 6 if it wasn't for that screamer
Allen 6 Decent game
Godden 6 Ran his socks of and created space for Vic
Gyokeres 8.5 MOM what a beast, he must be horrible to play against

Hertsccfc

Gyökeres was lower for the miss. Doyle was good but collectively the defence, including him, were shaky.
I thought Gyokeres was great. Scored and created numerous other chances. I prefer players that get lots of chances even if they miss a high proportion than those that never look like scoring. That's why in my view O'Hare is so much better than Allen. Allen just feels pointless in that role.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Ref was just poor all round, don’t think he was particularly biased.

Didn’t think he was bad at all. Morris should have been booked 100%. Most the other stuff was just people moaning cuz they love a moan. We’ve become the arsenal of 2010ish where we don’t like a tackle or any physicality unless it’s us making it. Granted they could have had a pen but it’s such a hard decision in that speed

shmmeee

Didn’t think he was bad at all. Morris should have been booked 100%. Most the other stuff was just people moaning cuz they love a moan. We’ve become the arsenal of 2010ish where we don’t like a tackle or any physicality unless it’s us making it. Granted they could have had a pen but it’s such a hard decision in that speed

Just felt a few times he didn’t seem to know what he was doing and took far too much lip from Luton players. Thought in general he let the game flow well TBH.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Wilson 6 Needs to boos the defence (grow a pair)
Doyle 6 This lad is growing on me
Fadz 4 His age was exploited, at fault for the second goal and it should have been a penalty
Panzo 7 Thought he was solid
Dabo 5 much better going forward in the second half, first half he was pants
Bidwell 6.5 Decent game, hardworker
Sheaf 7 Gave the ball away a couple of times, but he is gonna be massive for us this season
Hamer 7.5 Steady, would have been 6 if it wasn't for that screamer
Allen 6 Decent game
Godden 6 Ran his socks of and created space for Vic
Gyokeres 8.5 MOM what a beast, he must be horrible to play against

Gyokores must be a nightmare for most centre halves in this division when he's on song. It's frustrating that he seems to miss so many clear-cut chances but i can't imagine many defenders enjoy a game against him.

Id probably have sheaf with a slightly higher rating for his superb assist but otherwose those scores are about how i saw it too.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gyokores must be a nightmare for most centre halves in this division when he's on song. It's frustrating that he seems to miss so many clear-cut chances but i can't imagine many defenders enjoy a game against him.

Id probably have sheaf with a slightly higher rating for his superb assist but otherwose those scores are about how i saw it too.

He can make something out of nothing a hell of a lot, but really needs more help from his colleagues.

EalingSB

Wilson 6 (indecisive on occasions but not much he could do about the goals)
Dabo 5 (did improve second half but should have headed clear for first goal and touch was poor)
Rose 6 (felt for him with early injury. His opportunity to get regular starts and another injury)
McFadzean 4 (out-muscled in the air, some wasted long passes and lucky not to have conceded late penalty)
Doyle 5 (missed header leading to first goal and that was one of many. Did some decent work second half but looks very weak in the air)
Bidwell 6 (didn't provide much going forward but defensively okay)
Sheaf 7 (some wayward bits but also brilliant ball for Gyokeres goal and some important tackles)
Hamer 7 (always looking to create, has clearly worked on his discipline and wonderful goal)
Allen 6 (absent first half but much more involved second, taking up good positions enabling two decent shots on target)
Godden 7 (worked tirelessly, set Gyokeres away with early chance and won numerous aerial duals)
Gyokeres 7 motm (some brilliant work with the ball, causing them problems throughout but should have had 3 goals first half. Took his one well)

Panzo 6 (better in the air than Fadz and Doyle today and looked decent progressing forward)

Thought Tavares pace would have caused them problems if brought on last 15. Think we could have won it with fresh legs.

These are not too far off for me - Rose, Hamer and Godden too high; Vik and Sheaf half-a-point under.

Glad you called out Doyle for the mistake for the opener - I mentioned it in the match thread. Obviously a talented young player and I'm sure he'll develop into a quality player but it was an abysmal attempt at a header in the build-up to the first goal and he had a few other hairy moments in the box; Oggy called him out for one in the commentary, too. Was also skinned far too easily in the final play of the game when the Luton player got a cross in which came to nothing. He was better than Rose on the right, though, and did a couple of decent things near the end.

Good to see Panzo coming out with the ball and I thought @shmmeee's comment was spot on - if they're all rubbish you might as well play the one who can bring the ball out and attack.

Allen at least got in a couple of half-decent scoring positions and his second might have gone in had it not hit a defender. Not sure I have the faith in Palmer to get into those positions but also hope he comes good.

Disappointed Robins didn't change things - Godden was completely ineffective and out of the game and we were on top with ever more space opening up.

Really need Hamer to have a big game on Saturday. Cracking goal but he's had zero influence on games so far, that aside (and his red).

mmttww

People are being harsh on Godden. He put Vik through for that howler at the start. Held the ball up better than I've seen him and never stopped. He missed one chance. Like someone else said, he and Vik made runs wide and made space for others.

Allen being bang average with that space, Dabo being awful first half and Bidwell being fairly cautious meant he barely had a sniff. No other fwd in the match squad could've done a better job last night. Maybe Waghorn at a push.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson 5.5. Didn't do much except chuck the ball at the feet of a striker during a clearance,
Dabo 5. Shocking for first goal. Thought he was going to get sent off lunging in after miscontrolling. Improved a bit second half.
Bidwell 7. Solid.
Rose 5.5. Far from great.
Fadz 5. Awful for second goal. Looks like age has caught up with him.
Doyle 6.5. Best of a bad bunch, but shouldn't be relying on a teenager in defence.
Sheaf 7. Great assist but still some infuriating easy passes going astray.
Hamer 7. Fantastic goal but had a number of speculative shots. Didn't get books. Just needs to do the simple things .
Allen 5. Bundle of energy but has absolutely no impact on a game at all either in attack or defence. Game pass him by.
Gyokeres 6. Missed a great chance in first minute and maybe could have had a hat-trick. Got a goal and causes problems, but he's trying to do too much on his own.
Godden 5.5. Worked reasonably hard but he's a goalscorer and if the attack is mainly going through his strike partner who's trying to do it all himself he's a passenger.

eastwoodsdustman

I've Left it a while for the dust to settle and overall I think we weren't as bad as some think. Their sub at half time definitely helped us as we seemed to have more room to play in the middle when Cornick went off. We're on the back of 3 consecutive losses and got dicked 5-0 last year so I really wasn't overly optimistic.

Wilson - 6 Almost saved the first and made another decent save in 1st half
Dabo -6 Was a 4 in the first and 8 in the second. much improved as the game went on. Everyone was dreading it when they brought on their sub at half time but Fanky got to grips with him and offered an outlet going forward in the second half. Hopefully he's turned the corner.
Bidwell - 7 Solid but got less attacking as second half wore on.
McFadz - 6 Bar the one error I thought he handled them pretty well and was certainly better when rose went off.
Rose - 5 looked a bit lost
Doyle -7.5 Played well and got forward a bit in the second half
Hamer - 7 Great goal and ran himself into the ground but a few poor passes
Sheaf - 7 As per hamer but with a great pass instead of the goal
Allen - 7 Second half he was everywhere when we went forward. Watching him off the ball when we were in possession was a joy. He kept picking up little pockets of space to receive the ball.
Godden - 7 Did plenty of running pulling defenders out of position and used the ball well in the main
Gyokores - 8 He ran their defence ragged. They got tight and he turned them, They dropped off and he ran at them. They really didnt know what to do. Missed a couple of chances that would have got him a 9 or a 10.

Subs

Panzo 7 Solid and good going forward. We looked so much better with him on the pitch.

Esoterica

Robins needs to get us back to playing to our strengths. Think the last few weeks have got in his head and he's lost a bit of clarity in his decision making.

Dabo is much better (although his crossing was piss poor on Wednesday) when he gets up the pitch and provides an overload on his side of the pitch, Godden is much better in the box than dropping short or running channels. Allen is at his most effective when he makes those runs beyond the strikers and actually gets in the box instead of being asked to play like a poundshop O'Hare.

We have a small squad with some limited Championship footballers in it. Get them doing what they do best.

Users who are viewing this thread