Ratings (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Really don’t get the high ratings for Simms. Struggle to think of anything impactful from him bar the run at the end. Think tonight showed why Robins has been sticking with Godden. I guess we have to just stick with him given how much we payed for him but really not convinced at all.

Martin180

Collins - 8 so assured , very composed with the ball at his feet , great save at the end and moved it quickly for the second goal
Bidwell - 8 didn’t put a foot wrong and got forward brilliantly tonight
Collins - 7 decent performance , loves a challenge and got better against Juke as the game went on
Kitching - 8/9 he is going to be so good for us , plays with intelligence , leads the back line and never shirks a challenge
Van Ewijk - 9 again going to be a cult hero , and who knew he could hit a free kick too
Sheaf - 7 plays the game with such confidence but sometimes that is his downfall
Allen - 7 tireless performance
O’Hare - 9 he’s back , get him signed up
Sakamoto - 9 motm for me , just everywhere and looks so creative with his weight of passing
Wright - 7 so unlucky tonight but again some bad decision making and touches
Simms - 7 so needs a goal but looks more of a threat than Godden

covmark

Collins 7
Bidwell 7
Kitching 8
Thomas 7
Van Ewijk 7
Sakamoto 9
O'Hare 9
Allen 7
Sheaf 7
Wright 7
Simms 6

Saka mom just from O'Hare. He was everywhere.

ptr

Really don’t get the high ratings for Simms. Struggle to think of anything impactful from him bar the run at the end. Think tonight showed why Robins has been sticking with Godden. I guess we have to just stick with him given how much we payed for him but really not convinced at all.
He wasn’t great but he occupied the two centre backs - something Godden wouldn’t do and can’t do. Still way more dangerous than Godden.

covboy9

Collins 7 casual and unorthodox
Van ewijk 8 good understanding with tats, go on lad work harder please more overlaps
Bidwell 7 solid we must have a better corner taker tho surely
Thomas 7 dodgy early but improved
Kitching 7 lynchpin
Sheaf 7 sloppy at times but improved
Allen 8 excellent fitness
CoH 9 back to his best
Tats 8 really impressive improving
Wright 6 some decent stuff finishing poor falls over alot
Simms 6 falls over a lot misses ball a lot

let’s not get too high brum we’re a shambles

Greggs

Collins 7
Van Ewijk 8 his best game for us
Thomas 7 shaky start but was great for the last hour
Kitching 7 looking solid
Bidwell 8 great running, some good delivery too
Sheaf 7 dominant but decision making in final 3rd could be better
Allen 7 tireless
O'Hare 8 just got that bit of class we've missed
Sakamoto 8 was excellent defensively and going forward showed that elusive final ball
Wright 7 constant threat
Simms 6 so needs a goal but let's keep him and Wright together

Overall, really good performance. Blues despite results are not terrible but we never looked like losing the game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Van Erick can caught napping a few times defensively mate

covcity4life

Sheaf perhaps the poorest of the lot but I thought he played well enough which says alot about the teams performance tonight

long way home

Keep this set up the players we have suit it. We are seeing improvement in MVE, Kitching, Thomas and Tatsu. We know what the others can do but we just now need Wright and Simms to catch up.

Tonight hard to pick out anyone lots to be pleased with. Robins needs to stick with this and keep them on the training ground and this will be a very good squad with time and a few more in Jan.

Get Bidwell on a deal 1 year with an option of another. He keeps his head down and has proved what a good pro does.

The Philosopher

Thomas 6 is mental
Yeah, was a tricky one that. Did a decent looking job on Juke, who I thought was about 40 now and with respect to him (Juke) wasn’t highly mobile. When the kid half the age came on he had Thomas on toast a couple of times. Got wrongsided in the box and got done by their winger who was adjudged to have dived in the box. Maybe 6 harsh but to me 6 is a “average” mark and that’s what I thought he was.

Sky Blue Pete

Not sold on Thomas, Simms or Haji or Allen in midfield but what a bit gusting run in added time

Mve so pacy
Kitchen solid and excellent
Bidwell good
Saka sensational
Sheaf so good
Ohare if he can add goals is gonna be some player! If he won’t sign take the £3m from Burnley

The Philosopher

Surprised no subs
Yeah, thought that. When you’ve got a pied-off team in B’ham with one or two cloggers the last thing you need is to risk a hard tackle on O’Hare. Thought he’d bring him off to protect him and maybe put Kelly or Lati in to sit in from of the back 4 to protect the lead.

shmmeee

Collins was more than a 6, so was Allen and Bidwell. Confirmation that you know nowt about football.

I thought Collins didn’t have much to do other than tip that late one over.

Confirmation that you know nowt about numbers.

rob9872

Everyone trying so hard to pretend Wright had a good game, it's like the Emperors new clothes. I thought he was a liability.

Simms at least plays the hold up role and links play.

Saka and Ohare 9s, mix of 8 & 7 elsewhere. Simms 6.5, Wright 5.

The Philosopher

Everyone trying so hard to pretend Wright had a good game, it's like the Emperors new clothes. I thought he was a liability.

Had to laugh for our second goal, absolute served up chance and both our strikers just flailed about like drunks having a fight and Cal had to nip in to plant it home.

JulianDarbyFTW

Wright regularly gets a hatful of chances per game, so I'd argue his movement must be superb, otherwise he'd be on the periphery. That said, his finishing obviously needs work. But liability is a strong word to use. He's a menace, albeit with little output a lot of the time.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Surprised no subs
I'm 1 who blames Robins for not doing that when players are blowing out the ar.. after about 60 minutes but my thoughts tonight were we had the game under so much control that the likes of Sheaf and Allan who usually needing to come off because of the shift they have put in .Seemed to have a fairly easy night finding acres of without extending themselves overly.

AOM

I'm a fan of Simms and thought he wasn't great tonight apart from a one or two runs with the ball in the last 20.
Thought Wright was better overall throughout the game, but I'd still stick with both as I think they'll both benefit from consistent game time

skybluecam

Bidwell 6 ? , why ? He had 14 crosses tonight into the box , don’t remember him getting beat or doing anything badly . Personally had him as one of the better players on the pitch tonight
Disappointed with his set piece delivery mostly, otherwise would’ve given him a 7.

Calista

Not gonna do all the ratings, just a few random thoughts.
Bidwell was mostly great, but I don't get the praise for his crosses - nearly always too floaty.
Milan's free kick would have been our best corner of the season.
Saka - when he signed I expected some tricky wing play, but he's such a cultured player with fantastic commitment and he's worth far more than we paid.
Haji and Ellis are a whisker away from being a pair that will terrify opponents.

The recruitment over the summer was excellent IMO.

Calista

btw if we can't hang on to O'Hare I don't see any reason why Saka couldn't adapt to that role.

Users who are viewing this thread