Match Thread Reading (away) (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I doubt we will see Shipley much more now. It’s obvious after a good couple of games when he returned to the side he was running on enthusiasm and desire but simply has returned to type. He isn’t anywhere near the standard required sadly but if I was Allen I’d be brassed off now.

This is a fair summary. Shipley did great on his return versus QPR and Pboro and then he’s returned to default. What is annoying me is that desire and work rate are the most simple things to add your game. If you’re not the most technically gifted player on the pitch, make sure you’re the hardest working.

Shipley got himself back in the team with hunger and worth ethic and now he’s playing like he’s handed his notice in again. He should have come on today full of energy and work and he was the opposite.

I think Jamie Allen has to be starting with Hamer missing so that we don’t lose control of the midfield against Cardiff and it’s time for Jones to be given a chance, just like Shipley was a few weeks ago.

Marty

If Gyokeres finishes that one on one after 2 mins the game is completely different, their fans would have been right on their backs from near enough the first whistle, yet we let them build momentum and the crowd get right behind them. If that goes in, we'd have romped home.

Rose costing us more goals at the back. His head went for the next 20 mins as well. They could have had a 2 or 3 goal lead all gifted by us.

Far too many playing poorly.

Londonccfcfan

Since we started the new system of playing wing backs vs Fleetwood 2nd half league winning season, that has to be the worst display from both wing backs i have seen. Kane famed for his crossing was woefull, wasnt just that both were constantly caught of position didnt know wether to stick twist always made option and left our wide centre backs exposed.

covcity4life

If Gyokeres finishes that one on one after 2 mins the game is completely different, their fans would have been right on their backs from near enough the first whistle, yet we let them build momentum and the crowd get right behind them. If that goes in, we'd have romped home.

Rose costing us more goals at the back. His head went for the next 20 mins as well. They could have had a 2 or 3 goal lead all gifted by us.

Far too many playing poorly.
We won away and scored 3

I get your points but fuck me how much negativity bro. Look at some positives sometimes lol

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the things i take away from this is that we fought to a win we probably didn't deserve on the performance. How many times in the past would we have lost such a game.

Also it's about time we did that to teams, too many have done it to us. I think it shows stronger character and team spirit in the squad.

Maybe undeserved win but I will take it.

clint van damme

I think the things i take away from this is that we fought to a win we probably didn't deserve on the performance. How many times in the past would we have lost such a game.

Also it's about time we did that to teams, too many have done it to us. I think it shows stronger character and team spirit in the squad.

Maybe undeserved win but I will take it.

If we're to have any chance of the playoffs,(I don't think we'll do it personally), we'll need a few more performances and results like that.

Get over the line with 3 points despite the performance rather than because of it.

steve101

I doubt we will see Shipley much more now. It’s obvious after a good couple of games when he returned to the side he was running on enthusiasm and desire but simply has returned to type. He isn’t anywhere near the standard required sadly but if I was Allen I’d be brassed off now.
Unfortunately I do think we will see much more of him because Robins doesn't appear to see what 99% of fans see. If he does feature I hope it is at LWB with Maatsen AM.

steve101

In regard to the Shipley comments, we all know my thoughts on him, nowhere near good enough for this league.

However i think hes been playing over Allen for 2 reasons,

1, couldn't drop him after Peterborough and QPR, he did well and 2, MR like all of us knows Hamer is a walking suspension and with the Eccles and Kelly injuries Allen is the only option really at CM for a game or 2. Why risk him getting a knock aswell and then having no choice playing Howley
I get your second point but regarding the first, Allen has been one of the best players on the pitch in a number of games only to find himself on the bench the game after. Shipley's decent performances have been at LWB. He has been awful in midfield time after time after time.

clint van damme

I get your second point but regarding the first, Allen has been one of the best players on the pitch in a number of games only to find himself on the bench the game after. Shipley's decent performances have been at LWB. He has been awful in midfield time after time after time.

The energy Allen brings certainly gives us a lift though in the final 15/20 minutes of the game. He covered a lot of ground again yesterday and was crucial in us seeing out the game, (apart from one occasion when he got caught dwelling on the ball just outside our box).

Kneeza

After the game did anybody else hear Oggy say “I don’t think goalscoring has been the issue this season” even Clive was speechless 🤣
I wish Clive was speechless more often. He called Cov RFC 'Wasps' at least twice on Friday evening at Nottingham.
The performance was bad enough without those kind of insults.

Users who are viewing this thread