Match Thread Reading (away) (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

I we needed the 3 points more than the performance to be honest. They weren't as bad as their league position suggests, but had we not beaten them, psycologically the white flag would start fluttering and disgruntled pub talk would commence.

Pretty dire display but the win keeps us in the mix. It's all very 'samey' so to speak in terms of how we seem to attack and, when it breaks down, pass it around the back 3 and try the other flank. Hope Faz comes back soon, just to mix it up with a 20 yard expedition into the other half, so the oppositon think WFT is he doing and options open up lol.

Nice to hear Shmmee's daughter is ok.

steve101

Still cannot fathom why Allen has literally had just few mins in last 2 games...and Shipley comes on and cant string a single pass to find his team mates.
I am not sure what Robins sees when Shipley plays in midfield. If I was Allen or Jones I would be stunned and furious to see him being preferred ahead of them. Allen has had some really decent performances and Jones has not been given a chance from the start. I assume Shipley will probably start in Tuesday.

SlowerThanPlatt

I am not sure what Robins sees when Shipley plays in midfield. If I was Allen or Jones I would be stunned and furious to see him being preferred ahead of them. Allen has had some really decent performances and Jones has not been given a chance from the start. I assume Shipley will probably start in Tuesday.
It appears Robins does not rate Jones whatsoever

steveo1987

Seen more than enough games where we have been brilliant but got nothing..Pleased to get out of there with three points..We made Reading look good and 2nd half, they were slightly better than us even with ten men. Big off day for Kane , Bidwell ordinary as were a few more, Salter and Maatsen were very good. Half a dozen Cov fans in our left in the home end celebrating the goals and eventually got some stick, foolhardy or stupid ? Fadz may have done a better job of the corners, who knows.

OldBedrocker

He said it Tuesday as well, he thinks we've conceded too many, I think.he said there were only 7 or so who'd scored more. I didn't check if he was right
Somebody came on straight after criticising Rose and he went all defensive of the defenders saying they’d been brilliant all season🤷‍♂️

larry_david

Having reflected a few hours after I note the following.

It's bloody good to win, no matter what. First and foremost, I'm delighted

We played pretty shite with glimmers of quality in-between.

I thought o hare was very good today. He looked dangerous today.

Do not underestimate the job Vic is doing. He is bullying defences on his own. Yes he sometimes looks like a bull in a China shop but he's our bull, in their China shop,damaging their stock and long may it continue.

Lovely to have two cbs score. Rose has knocked on the door recently and should have scored against Blackpool.

Once again our lack of faith in the subs bench is worrying. I know we have Eccles, Kelly, waghorn and godden out but his lack of faith in others is a concern.

If there was a cash offer on the table for Shipley after the shite season he's had, we should have snapped their hands off. If he comes in for hamer on Tuesday, I think I'll finally go mad. We had an extra man today, 3-2 up and they were attacking his side and he stood and watches rather than engaged. I'm sorry but people may slate Kellys quality but they can't slate his endeavour. Shipley doesn't have the quality or the endeavour and it has to stop, now.

Sky Blue Harry H

Next 3

Cardiff (a) very difficult (could do with the football gods on our side)
Barnsley (h) Tricky - most games very close close recently - beat QPR today
Bristol City (a) Confident we'll beat these (play Swansea away tomorrow - they'll be chasing the ball all game. They also play M'Boro at home - very tough game on the Saturday before they play us (and we'll have a fresh Hamer back). 3 points for us.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I feel like every time we don’t have the drum now the atmosphere is worse. Maybe i’m overthinking it , but we might be becoming over-reliant on the drum

Finham

Colin Murray just said on The Football League Show, "I've been on the Coventry forums (plural? Really?) and they're all saying exactly the same thing, they don't care if it's scrappy, they're just happy with the 3 points."

Just a quick skim-read then eh, Col? ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Colin Murray just said on The Football League Show, "I've been on the Coventry forums (plural? Really?) and they're all saying exactly the same thing, they don't care if it's scrappy, they're just happy with the 3 points."

Well I'm assuming he tried the Facebook forum but couldn't see past the faeces smeared over the comments

rexo87

Yep. we should have bought another striker to go with Gyo, Waghorn, Godden and Walker, and another attacking midfielder to go with etc etc We have players on contracts, and until we can shift one or two on the periiphery, we have to be patient. Nothing to do with being shafted by the owners (and no I don't like them).
You named 4 strikers but named no AM's because we have none!!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Speedie's Head

If we'd converted just 3 draws to wins we'd be in the top 6 with a game in hand. The lads looked very tired today - Southampton took a lot out of them followed by the Tuesday game. We've no depth in the squad to give players the rest they need. With the huge run of games ahead and Harmer suspended the key now is to avoid injuries first and foremost and hope to pick up at least 4 points from Cardiff and Bristol.

Sick Boy

He’s obviously only interested in what the more knowledgeable posters say.

CCFC54321

Having reflected a few hours after I note the following.

It's bloody good to win, no matter what. First and foremost, I'm delighted

We played pretty shite with glimmers of quality in-between.

I thought o hare was very good today. He looked dangerous today.

Do not underestimate the job Vic is doing. He is bullying defences on his own. Yes he sometimes looks like a bull in a China shop but he's our bull, in their China shop,damaging their stock and long may it continue.

Lovely to have two cbs score. Rose has knocked on the door recently and should have scored against Blackpool.

Once again our lack of faith in the subs bench is worrying. I know we have Eccles, Kelly, waghorn and godden out but his lack of faith in others is a concern.

If there was a cash offer on the table for Shipley after the shite season he's had, we should have snapped their hands off. If he comes in for hamer on Tuesday, I think I'll finally go mad. We had an extra man today, 3-2 up and they were attacking his side and he stood and watches rather than engaged. I'm sorry but people may slate Kellys quality but they can't slate his endeavour. Shipley doesn't have the quality or the endeavour and it has to stop, now.
I doubt we will see Shipley much more now. It’s obvious after a good couple of games when he returned to the side he was running on enthusiasm and desire but simply has returned to type. He isn’t anywhere near the standard required sadly but if I was Allen I’d be brassed off now.

Saddlebrains

In regard to the Shipley comments, we all know my thoughts on him, nowhere near good enough for this league.

However i think hes been playing over Allen for 2 reasons,

1, couldn't drop him after Peterborough and QPR, he did well and 2, MR like all of us knows Hamer is a walking suspension and with the Eccles and Kelly injuries Allen is the only option really at CM for a game or 2. Why risk him getting a knock aswell and then having no choice playing Howley

Speedie's Head

Shipley is a left sided player, Allen is not. Given that Kels is injured we'll see Allen cover for Hamer for the next couple of games, while Shippers and Maatsen share the left berth.

Users who are viewing this thread