Match Thread Reading (away) (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

We won a tight game by one goal after playing badly throughout, and people are upset we didn’t bring on Tavares for his Championship debut? Think some people need to take a break from the fan club.

That Reading pitch invasion was one of the most tragic things I’ve ever seen. They’re totally fucked.

Hardly upset by it I’m more just generally baffled why we aren’t fully using the bench when the team looks more jaded by the game

Tommo1993

Great to look unrecognisable to usual style and form and still win. Just relieved to not be hearing ‘best team we’ve played’ and all the rest.

David O'Day

Their support was good in terms of noise but embarrasing in terms of giving it the big un and generally being mutants.
Though kudos was keeping the fake Burberry industry afloat

Same at our gaff, wannabe Chelski cunts

Loads of Pony Stoney as well

OldBedrocker

After the game did anybody else hear Oggy say “I don’t think goalscoring has been the issue this season” even Clive was speechless 🤣

Paxman II

As I sip my cocktail in sunny Florida it's good to see us win away and get ourselves back in the playoff race.
Performances are jusged on points collected. Win away and it can't be all bad.
February is a defining month to get back in the hunt and a playoff place. Other teams around us play each other at some point this month while on paper we have a great opportunity to make those games in hand count.

Cheers me dears!

mark82

Didn't think that tavares would play even off the bench.

Tavares will need to wait for the right situation for a debut. Defending a 1-0 lead isn't that situation. It's going to be when we have a comfortable lead or if we are chasing a game (and don't have the likes of Waghorn/Godden available).

Johnnythespider

After the game did anybody else hear Oggy say “I don’t think goalscoring has been the issue this season” even Clive was speechless 🤣
He said it Tuesday as well, he thinks we've conceded too many, I think.he said there were only 7 or so who'd scored more. I didn't check if he was right

rexo87

I think he often gets subs wrong but today there was very little he could do and think he got it pretty spot on. I wouldve brought Fadz on for Rose at HT as felt we needed a bit more control at the back and a bit of leadership but then Rose went and scored so cant complain

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Dirk Turpin

Did you see the goals that Reading conceded in the 23, how many were lucky? how many were deflected? were they all worldieS? We got three points when we weren’t at our best. Actually you can criticise all you like but how about enjoying what we are doing?

I'm very happy with the 3 pts even though we played badly, I'm not sure where you've got that from.

I can't tell you how the goals were scored against Reading, but having lost 7 on the bounce coming into this game isn't exactly the hallmark of a quality team. Frankly I don't really care how other teams scored against them, what I do care about and can comment on is our decision making in the final 3rd.

We got a huge let off today and I'm pretty sure Robins will probably tell the lads the same and that if we want to push for playoffs we are going to need to improve in certain areas of our game, one of which is decision making in final 3rd and capitalising on more of the chances we create.

I hope we can kick on now and get ourselves out of this little rut of form we have been in, but to do so we will need to be better as we probably wont get the rub of the green, like today, against better/ in form teams.

SBT

Hardly upset by it I’m more just generally baffled why we aren’t fully using the bench when the team looks more jaded by the game

Probably because our squad is threadbare and the list of players we can trust to steer us through close games isn’t as long as our list of substitutes.

Gyokeres was our only attacking outlet for most of the game and was doing a phenomenal job of holding the ball up against the Reading back line. Asking Tavares to do that on his own would have been a disaster.

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably because our squad is threadbare and the list of players we can trust to steer us through close games isn’t as long as our list of substitutes.

Gyokeres was our only attacking outlet for most of the game and was doing a phenomenal job of holding the ball up against the Reading back line. Asking Tavares to do that on his own would have been a disaster.

If that really is the case it shows how badly shafted the manager is by the owners

Brighton Sky Blue

I mean….sure. But I’m not sure why that means we should make bad decisions like subbing in a kid from Rochdale if this is the case.

My concern's over the amount of work being asked of Gyo in leading the line all game twice a week

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

More fascinating insights into the life of CWR Resident Caller Nick:

1) He doesn't go now because he works on the railways (immediately followed by a "clink clink, workmen working" noise in the background that sounded totally fake).
2) He was talking to Oggy last night.

I’m not joking, there’s not once I can recall him saying he’s actually watched the game in any form. The most recent example being where he said he wasn’t at work but didn’t watch the game or even listen to it on CWR but instead followed it by watching the live commentary updates on the BBC website! And he had the cheek to ring up and say we should be playing two up top!

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Sky Blues Talk?

Evening Oggy! Apologies, thought it was relevant to the reflections on the match thread.

I know social media has been alight with complaints about the performance but I really don’t care. We have won and didn’t get the ‘best team we have played’ platitudes!

Sky Blue Harry H

If that really is the case it shows how badly shafted the manager is by the owners

Yep. we should have bought another striker to go with Gyo, Waghorn, Godden and Walker, and another attacking midfielder to go with etc etc We have players on contracts, and until we can shift one or two on the periiphery, we have to be patient. Nothing to do with being shafted by the owners (and no I don't like them).

ccfc1234

Feels good to win when we don't deserve to. Really disappointed by the Shippley cameo he was a poor outlet and gave the ball away far too much. I know he is not a LWB by trade but at this level it looks his best position.

Users who are viewing this thread