Reise Allassani Recalled (2 Viewers)

ceetee

And look how that fizzled out by winter, we started to fall away with the autumn leaves hence Darius Henderson was called by TM to offer another way in January.

It just wasn’t the right player at his stage of career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That doesn't prove that a target man is the right approach, especially if that's all he is and he's twenty yards from his strike "partner"

ceetee

So why mention Armstrong and Murphy if it a thread about Allassani ?

Anyway Armstrong and Murphy didn't help us to get promoted did they , and who knows if we had a big strong target man playing with Armstrong and Murphy it could of made the difference and got us promoted.

which is what actually matters. !
Well obviously because you were talking about a target man and I was offering an alternative opinion.

steve82

That doesn't prove that a target man is the right approach, especially if that's all he is and he's twenty yards from his strike "partner"

It dont your right it guarantees nothing, nothing is guaranteed in football. The ability to offer another way helps tho

However neither does your theory too which was productive for no more than 50% of a season at best let’s remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Well obviously because you were talking about a target man and I was offering an alternative opinion.

Every time we’ve tried that since Armstrong it failed (and it failed with him from October and he tried fortune there )

We haven’t got good enough players to play through the middle and around teams.

We need physical presence but also need some other forwards committing to attack

steve82

Every time we’ve tried that since Armstrong it failed (and it failed with him from October and he tried fortune there )

We haven’t got good enough players to play through the middle and around teams.

We need physical presence but also need some other forwards committing to attack

Perfectly written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceetee

I'm going out now so this is my last point.

Just because we haven't got the right players doesn't mean it's a wrong set up.
Stockley bullied our CBs at Wembley but it didn't produce any goals.
Every system can be defended against but it's easiest to defend against a target man who is isolated.

Users who are viewing this thread