Relegation Thread (1 Viewer)

smoo310pusb

Mathematically Stevenage can't catch us, and we only need 2 points for it to be impossible for Shrewsbury to catch us u too.

Notts vs Crawley

Posh Vs Carlisle (Carlisle have a game in hand over us)

Tranmere vs Sheff Utd

Crewe Colchester...... This is a must draw game for us!! PLEASE be a draw!

doomed.JPG

It's a must win today, if we lose then we all know fine well how City always bottle it and we could head down :facepalm:

Being realistic though I think we have the stomach to do it.

FINGERS CROSSED!!

blend

I agree lets get the points for safety quickly, it's getting more nervewracking with each game.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake but has it always been 4 down in League 1?

Marty

We're 40/1 for relegation. I can't see it happening, but surely got to be worth a couple of quid.

Sky Blue Kid

I said weeks ago that we needed minimum of 51 points to be safe, and I also said we will flirt with relegation. So far been proven to be 100% right ;)

coop

We wont get any points against Wolves or Sheffield utd so today is a must not lose game a win and we are fine

ccfc92

I said weeks ago that we needed minimum of 51 points to be safe, and I also said we will flirt with relegation. So far been proven to be 100% right ;)

That's as impressive as saying I reckon tomorrow will be Tuesday ;) :sarcasm:

To be honest, at start of the season I thought we'd struggle, and by Xmas thought midtable would be about right, not relegation :(

Sky Blue Kid

4 games ago we picked up a point to Bradford, and lost the last 3 games against piss poor opposition. Can anyone see us picking up points in these last 3 games? because I don't.

Grendel

4 games ago we picked up a point to Bradford, and lost the last 3 games against piss poor opposition. Can anyone see us picking up points in these last 3 games? because I don't.

It doesn't matter we are not going down anyway.

Mr T - Sukka!

I think City have enough points in the bank to stay up anyway.

We are 5 points clear.
Cant see the bottom 4 all picking up points. We will just stay up by the odd point or GD.

ollyservetta

well theres no chance that sisu will take the three points against wolves if they offer the game for the cancellation of the rest of clarkes fee,no three points today and its out of our hands .again its about hoping others do us favours.funny really cos at one point in the season it was about teams above us loosing to teams below ,trying to aim for the play offs ,then in a 2wk turn around it was the opposite hoping not to get dragged into a relegation battle,and to be fair ,only the team and manager to blame for some terrible performances and results ,still think mansett would have been a good bet in sight of Clarke going ,better option than playing kids ,loanees and players out of position,.

J

Jack Griffin

Odd as it may seem, I think a win against Wolves is a possibility, they'll be celebrating being Champions already & may not be so up for it. The other away team might need the points more.

Addendum, Wolves now have 99pts after beating Orient today, they can only be caught by Brentford, who currently have a vastly inferior goal difference (by 25), even if Brentford catch them on points, they are not going to overhaul that goal difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

ollyservetta

Odd as it may seem, I think a win against Wolves is a possibility, they'll be celebrating being Champions already & may not be so up for it. The other away team might need the points more.
in cov in a three parts to full ricoh id agree ,but not away at sixfields,and it will be the most embarrassing day for city fans in living midland derby memory

SIR ERNIE

in cov in a three parts to full ricoh id agree ,but not away at sixfields,and it will be the most embarrassing day for city fans in living midland derby memory

I take your point but in reality cov fans shouldn't be embarrassed at all should they?

I'm certainly not embarrassed that the club I've supported all my life are playing in a crappy little ground in front of little more than a thousand fans.

The fans are not responsible for our plight.

It's the owners who should be embarrassed.

Only the thickest of visiting fans would stand in Sixfields and feel anything but disgust for our position.

Philosorapter

How far as a club have we sunk if were worrying about being relegated from the old Division 3?

ccfc92

I take your point but in reality cov fans shouldn't be embarrassed at all should they?

I'm certainly not embarrassed that the club I've supported all my life are playing in a crappy little ground in front of little more than a thousand fans.

The fans are not responsible for our plight.

It's the owners who should be embarrassed.

Only the thickest of visiting fans would stand in Sixfields and feel anything but disgust for our position.

let's hope the "Home" fans share your view ;)

smoo310pusb

If all stays the same, we should be safe with 4 points clear and 2 games remaining.

That would require all 4 teams below us to win both games and we lose them, for us to go down, if my math is right.

We shouldn't be in this situation and god only knows what's in store for next season.

It will be a new squad again next season and people will expect them to gel straight away, which they won't, it takes time and commitment by staff and owners firstly!!

Paxman II

I think they would have to win remaining games we lose ours and they also would need to score cricket scores...so we are safe.

Hercules

Must say, the brummies are doing a sterling job of setting up next season's best local derby. :claping hands:

Sky Blue Harry H

Draw a decent result today in terms of staying up. Unlikely set of results required for us to go down now;)

Now, let's get on with the JR and all that follows !

Evans1883

so basically going off of our past .....this is how every season will be , culminating in an inevitable relegation to league 2 whilst our fans are left sat in the stands crying as we lose 2-0 away at fucking some dump like fleetwood , then again further down struggling to hold on to our football league status ....we are basically stockport fucking county

ccfc92

stevenage gone, shrewsbury almost gone on GD. Carlisle have 3 games left, so they lose one, they can't catch us, and just need the teams in between to draw or lose one

Marty

Does nobody else remember Charlton away last day of the season a couple of years back.

We were in the best position of about 5 teams going into the last game and that changed within the first 20 minutes or so of the game, everyone was winning apart from Leicester, we lost 4-1 and only stayed up because Leicester lost (and they were by far the better team in their game).

I doubt we'll go down, but we aren't as safe as everyone is saying.

RoboCCFC90

We will not get relegated, end of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread