Relegation Thread (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Does nobody else remember Charlton away last day of the season a couple of years back.

We were in the best position of about 5 teams going into the last game and that changed within the first 20 minutes or so of the game, everyone was winning apart from Leicester, we lost 4-1 and only stayed up because Leicester lost (and they were by far the better team in their game).

I doubt we'll go down, but we aren't as safe as everyone is saying.

I put a bet on and stood to win a grand. My travelling companion was going to inform the coach if I won.
Phew would sooner have Championship status than the money.
..... Oh hold on !!

Good luck for next year as I believe you're safe now. Keep up the hard work in getting back to Coventry and good luck getting rid of those letches who own your club

Covstu

Shame another season has fizzled out for us, we should be okay this season but I would be more worried if there was another 4 or so games to play.

skybluefred

Tranmere play L/Orient away & Bradford Home.
Crewe play Bristol away PNE home.
Colchester play Brentford home & Walsall away.
Notts C play Swindon home & Oldham away.
Carlisle play Oldham Home Crawley away & Wolves home

Other than Notts County I cannot see any of the other teams getting more than 4pts from those games.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

They aren't all going to pick up 4 or more points so barring something freakish we will be safe, however we should not be even talking about relegation even with the 10 point deduction, challenging for the play-offs in January and struggling to stay up by the end of April simply not good enough. A whole gang of strikers loaned in and hardly a goal between them again not good enough. Whoever is bringing these flops in should pack up.

DaleM

I was working in Crewe today and was chatting to a couple of Crewe fans . They think they will get out of it and we are safe but were moaning that the conveyor belt of talent their academy produced has dried up .
Indeed their first words were, after asking me who I support were "You don't go to Northampton do you ? "

We then spent a while with me explaining the situation Cov are in with wank owners , a wank council etc etc etc. ( Delete as applicable )
Indeed the general conversation came round to agreeing that the big clubs are hoovering up all the top talent now and the lower leagues will now be manned by journeymen and young loans who don't give a shit if the club they are playing for are relegated. The next few years will tell whether this will come to pass with teams like us and Crewe etc being nothing but shop windows for the big boys kids.

mrbluesky87

We are safe for this season but definitely should be one of the favorites for relegation next year even if all is rosy and back at the ricoh due to ffp. If we are still at Northampton next year then we will get relegated but if back at the Ricoh we could survive if we got the crowds and got behind the team.

Mr T - Sukka!

Stevenage are down.Confirmed.

That leaves 3 spots left.

Shrewsbury would only make 47 points if they won thier last 2. They cant get near us.

That leaves 2 spots.

Carlise have 1 game in hand. Key game.

Notts County have 46 points.
We match or better thier results we are fine.

Citys problem maybe having to get a point or possibly 2 from wolves and sheff utd.

stupot07

Shrewsbury would only make 47 points if they won thier last 2. They cant get near us.

That leaves 2 spots.

Citys problem maybe having to get a point or possibly 2 from wolves and sheff utd.

Don't forget there's also Colchester, tranmere and Crewe on 47 points too. With our superior goal difference those 3 teams need 4 points and , notts county need 2 in wins out of their remaining 2 matches and Carlisle need 2 wins and a draw with us losing both games for us to be relegated. Not going to happen.

Brighton Sky Blue

That leaves 2 spots.

I don't see us getting a point from either of those games however our goal difference is so superior to Carlisle's it may as well be an extra point in itself. Could well get an absolute tonking from the dingles in what will almost certainly be an away game like atmosphere.

CCFC PimpRail

Don't underestimate the power of a few people in the know who might be able to influence the results of the next games. They'll be a few cheeky punts going on those long odds now as they'll sure drop after we loose the next game....

ccfcway

CT have just published this...

Here’s how the wrong end of the table would look under the worst-case scenario of City losing their games and their relegation rivals picking up maximum points, with City stranded in the bottom four and heading to League Two.

Carlisle: Oldham Athletic H Crawley Town A Wolves A - 53 points
Crewe: Bristol City A Preston North End H - 53 points
Tranmere: Leyton Orient A Bradford City H - 53 points
Colchester: Brentford H Walsall A - 53 points
...............................................................................................
Notts County: Swindon Town H Oldham Athletic A - 52 points

Coventry City: Wolves H Sheffield United A - 50 points
Shrewsbury: Peterborough United H Gillingham A - 47 points
Stevenage (already down): Walsall H Brentford A - 45 points

stupot07

They're not all going to win and go unbeaten. Looks bad but don't think it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

J

Jack Griffin

Surprisingly none of the teams near the bottom play each other in their last 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread