Rip acl (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

Now that the season is over......

The real behind the scenes will no doubt play out. No doubt we as we have seen some hysteria on this forum by ' the people ' who seem to be ' in the know'

It is obvious that the real stakes now are all on ACL, who may have cut their own throat.

They will be without any real income stream without CCFC ( even without the rent they made a shit load on the rest) and will have a great white elephant paid for by Coventry catchment area Tax payers. Lets make sure they get lots of spray weed killer !

( hang on lets not forget all them concerts and car boot sales)

http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment/entertainment-events/ this the current line up so far for 2013 ( i hear mystic sally a good un) a really full venue book not !

The courts cannot force CCFC to play at the RICOH so they may play elsewhere leaving ACL and all ' the people in the know ' a little dumbfounded

Well done ACL , you had no choice of course. Well Done !

quinn1971

The real behind the scenes will no doubt play out. No doubt we as we have seen some hysteria on this forum by ' the people ' who seem to be ' in the know'

It is obvious that the real stakes now are all on ACL, who may have cut their own throat.

They will be without any real income stream without CCFC ( even without the rent they made a shit load on the rest) and will have a great white elephant paid for by Coventry catchment area Tax payers. Lets make sure they get lots of spray weed killer !

http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment/entertainment-events/ this the current line up so far for 2013 ( i hear mystic sally a good un) a really full venue book not !

The courts cannot force CCFC to play at the RICOH so they may play elsewhere leaving ACL and all ' the people in the know ' a little dumbfounded

This should be fun :)

rupert_bear

Another idiot, where do they come from ?

torchomatic

dont forget the Olympics. ACL think there's one every summer.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No income? Still have conferences/exhibitions hotel rooms

What about the club? Season tickets not on sale, merchandise ? Players? Salaries?

torchomatic

True. And when that runs out, Mutton will find some more. Just close a care centre, a few libraries and youth centres and bingo!

Doesn't matter, ACL have 14million to be getting along with, should last a bit.

dongonzalos

2 acts selling out for the rest of the year will not keep the stadium running for a month never mind a year

Right so effectively you are saying lets see what else they come up with on top of muse and Bruce.

They have previously had Pink, Oasis, take that, Chilli Peppers, Cold Play, The Enemy. The Davis cup. Heineken cup. The Olympics.

I don't like psychics but apparently that Sally is internationally famous.

You are right will be interesting to see what they get.

They don't have a bad record so far in my book.

First time in my life time Coventry has been staging events like that.

Flying Fokker

Right so effectively you are saying lets see what else they come up with on top of muse and Bruce.

They have previously had Pink, Oasis, take that, Chilli Peppers, Cold Play, The Enemy. The Davis cup. Heineken cup. The Olympics.

Wonder if our club will manifest itself and give us reassurance that it is OK?

quinn1971

Could someone ask psychic Sally where the golden share is and where we're playing next season.Bet she knew i was going to say that.

BackRoomRummermill

ACL actually means ticking time bomb for the council of Coventry....... unless someone can correct me and tell me otherwise. Also given my parents live in locally I am very concerned on how the good people of Coventry's council tax money is paid.

RICOH without CCFC is not a business case , its a Joke paid for by YOU ! Without CCFC no one will even care for the place as it wont ever get mentioned.

So come on all the experts tell me how this will play out ? RIP ACL

torchomatic

But what about the year after? And the year after that if there is no Coventry City?

The income from last summers Olympics will put ACL's finance for this year well up, those results haven't come out yet.

torchomatic

Oh, is that the best you can do? Not my SISU at all. I support CCFC. No one else. Not SISU and not your team, ACL.

Why will there be no Coventry City ? surely they are safe in your SISU's hands.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I want them out.
You just seem extremely defensive of ACL, even attacking the club to do this. Odd.

Dont you understand Sisu are the club what do you think would happen if they got hold of the Ricoh tell you what they would do mortgage it up to the hilt debt obviously either in holdings or some other vehicle they would then go leaving whatever is left totally and utterly devastated.

By the way listen Acl we want a rent reduction and a share of the F and B ok we reduce the rent by two thirds aqnd you can have a share of the F and B is that ok. Fuck off you robbing bastards you dont want to negotiate do you.

psgm1

Banned
ACL have limited income stream precisely because it has to base its shows and events around the football season rather than the other way round. The floorspace were the pitch to be replaced would compare quite well with O2 NIA etc. With the station shortly to arrive, there is a MASSIVE opportunity to expand the events being held there/ All it would take is a further investment in a roof. Without the need to kjeep it open for football games the cost would be drastically reduced.

The earning potential of such a venue would increase well beyond the £200K / YEAR or less sisu claim they can be expected to pay! As hard as it is to hear from a fans perspective, the arena would be far better off without the restrictions placed upon it by hosting a football team! Why else do you think sisu want to get their mitts on it and run the club down! There is method in their madness and has been from the start!

Chipfat

I dont trust any party involved but if given a choice between Coventry council or Sisu to determine the future of the Ricoh i know which i'd go for.. If given the choice between listening to Coventry born Hoffman or Tim Fisher explain the future of the club,, i know who id pick... Given the chance to believe a Coventry charity or a hired administrator to tell me how the club is set up in regards to contracts id know who id believe... See a picture ,, i would go with Coventry connection everyday more than any out of city money driven enterprise that see's us as an easy touch or a pushover.. Sisu will move this club out of this city and would never look back or feel any emotional attachment in the process, they have no moral obligation to the city or its people either..

So Whatever and whoever you believe we need a winner and a loser to get back to talking football , i hope Sisu lose and walk back to London with no reason to ever want to come back to this city....

torchomatic

All it would take is putting a roof on? And how much would that cost? And where would they get the money? Oh, stupid question. Coventry council tax payers, of course.

ACL have limited income stream precisely because it has to base its shows and events around the football season rather than the other way round. The floorspace were the pitch to be replaced would compare quite well with O2 NIA etc. With the station shortly to arrive, there is a MASSIVE opportunity to expand the events being held there/ All it would take is a further investment in a roof. Without the need to kjeep it open for football games the cost would be drastically reduced.

The earning potential of such a venue would increase well beyond the £200K / YEAR or less sisu claim they can be expected to pay! As hard as it is to hear from a fans perspective, the arena would be far better off without the restrictions placed upon it by hosting a football team! Why else do you think sisu want to get their mitts on it and run the club down! There is method in their madness and has been from the start!

lordsummerisle

The income from last summers Olympics will put ACL's finance for this year well up, those results haven't come out yet.

Depends how much ACL had to pay the IOC to have the honour of holding the Olympics here though?

They would have wanted a cut of food and drink sales as well, could only be IOC approved products sold there after all.

stupot07

It wouldn't be as easy as that and would cost a lot.

- new roof
- new lighting system
- new heating/ventillation system
- re-wiring to allow multi functional
- new floor to replace the pitch
- the big door bit reconfigured

The 360 degree seating would be more of a hindrance and not needed for a lot of events - Nia and nec work because its removable.

The concourse isn't particularly nice, and only suitable for sports and music events.

Then there's the impact on the hotel....the rooms would no longer look out on the pitch, but some dark dingy space when their no event on or if there is the event organisersml might want to block the window so not to be spied on. ....and actually not having a door or window opening into fresh air, might have implications for installing ventillation / air con (it might already be installed).

diggerdaley

CCFC did'nt give ACL a lot last season,I'm sure they'll survive without football for a bit longer yet,is'nt the Rugby World Cup planning to use the Arena sometime ? :thinking about:

rupert_bear

If football isn't played at the Ricoh Rugby Union will be, already been discussed, in fact don't be surprised if football and rugger are both played at the Ricoh

lordsummerisle

I love the way everybody on here is saying that the Ricoh Arena doesn't need the football club to survive, in fact would be better off without them.

Hope that any prospective new owners who may be property speculators don't read this site, might decide it's really not worth bothering with the club and just go for the Arena.

Users who are viewing this thread