Rip acl (1 Viewer)

blueflint

If ACL going bankrupt was a consequence of success for the football club of course I would be happy. What supporter wouldn't?

not me i have supported city since 1953 without ever wanting them to break the law our owners have been taken to court twice now for not paying rent.our owners are trying every trick in the book to avoid paying and to bankrupt other concerns and it won't just affect ACL and the council
it will have a knock on affect to the people who supply them with services etc.not for me i will stop being a supporter if that happens and i won't support any other team either

Grendel

not me i have supported city since 1953 without ever wanting them to break the law our owners have been taken to court twice now for not paying rent.our owners are trying every trick in the book to avoid paying and to bankrupt other concerns and it won't just affect ACL and the council
it will have a knock on affect to the people who supply them with services etc.not for me i will stop being a supporter if that happens and i won't support any other team either

So you stopped supporting them when we refused to pay bills last time did you?

WillieStanley

Were you so morally guided when we weren't paying transfer fees?

duffer

If ACL going bankrupt was a consequence of success for the football club of course I would be happy. What supporter wouldn't?

I'm a supporter and I wouldn't be happy with this outcome. Far from it.

That would mean that public money (and that of a charity) would have been utterly wasted in supporting a profligate and staggeringly badly run business.

There's a way forward in this, but it means that SISU will have to accept the losses resulting from their considerable mis-mangement and move on, or come to the court with a genuine proposal on how to fund the club properly in way that allows them to pay their bills (including the rent).

To propose bankrupting ACL as a solution is wrong headed and grossly unfair (and I suspect has been SISU's plan for a good while). It puts the needs of 10,000 - 15,000 supporters above the needs of 300,000 other people.

James Smith

What i want to see happen is unification of the stadium and operations with the club to allow all revenue streams to benefit ccfc with owners being able to take out a profit.
Now the critical part to protect the clubs future is the council selling up. This sale needs to be at a discounted price so that covenents can be placed on it to stop owners splitting it from the club and mortgaging it to the hilt.
I can't see this happening with Sisu but who knows.
I can, but also several sides of un slaughtered Bacon flying past my window in graceful symmetry.:whistle:

James Smith

That would mean that public money (and that of a charity) would have been utterly wasted in supporting a profligate and staggeringly badly run business.

There's a way forward in this, but it means that SISU will have to accept the losses resulting from their considerable mis-mangement and move on, or come to the court with a genuine proposal on how to fund the club properly in way that allows them to pay their bills (including the rent).

To propose bankrupting ACL as a solution is wrong headed and grossly unfair (and I suspect has been SISU's plan for a good while). It puts the needs of 10,000 - 15,000 supporters above the needs of 300,000 other people.

Yeah you've got to be pretty heartless to want a charity to lose millions of pounds, let alone the effect on the council and tax payers

SonofErnie

I only take issue with one part of your statement. Yes, 10 to 15k currently go to games but there are tens of thousands of others who are passionate about the future of CCFC. I could even put forward an argument that a majority of the remaining population of Coventry, who have very little interest in football would be less than happy to see the football club disappear. It's a major part of this city's identity and it would be tragedy to see it go.

RoboCCFC90

Seems as it's the end of the season I would like to present a few end of season awards of my own for SBT..

Starting with the "No Facts, Just digging into Potential" Award goes this post from PSGM1:

ACL have limited income stream precisely because it has to base its shows and events around the football season rather than the other way round. The floorspace were the pitch to be replaced would compare quite well with O2 NIA etc. With the station shortly to arrive, there is a MASSIVE opportunity to expand the events being held there/ All it would take is a further investment in a roof. Without the need to kjeep it open for football games the cost would be drastically reduced.

The earning potential of such a venue would increase well beyond the £200K / YEAR or less sisu claim they can be expected to pay! As hard as it is to hear from a fans perspective, the arena would be far better off without the restrictions placed upon it by hosting a football team! Why else do you think sisu want to get their mitts on it and run the club down! There is method in their madness and has been from the start!

Second award is the "I have no concept of what the Hell I am talking about" goes again to PSGM1 for this little beauty:

Yes because the hotel is packed every day for the view isn't it!

Few lights - pittance

Heating system relatively little cost

New roof - not too expensive except if it needs to move - which it WOULDN'T if made a 365 day event venue!

Are you seriously trying to say the ricoh couldn't make more than £170k/yr sisu expect to pay?

The O2 is making an absolute mint. The waste ground could have a hotel complex which would put the few bedrooms it currently has!

Clearly you haven't thought your arguments through have you! Have you been to the NIA? Its hardly scenic building - Function is the key thing.

Don't forget just think of the corporate sponsorship the stadium could attract. I suspect BIG companies like Microsoft etc are more likely to sponsor a business & concert venue than a league 1 football team stadium, and they will undoubtedly pay more than a local fish & chip shop!

Sure it would need a few things moving, but it would recoup this with ease! No doubt it could also gain redevelopment grants!

It is a NO BRAINER

The award for "Most Hypocritical Post" goes to Rupert Bear for this Clanger:

Another idiot, where do they come from ?

The award for "Most Shocking Spelling" was close but BHSB takes it with this chestnut:

About the same time you get your Sisu tatoo lasered off

(It's Tattoo by the way)

Congratulations to all of you hope to see you next season :wave::wave::wave::claping hands::claping hands:

duffer

I only take issue with one part of your statement. Yes, 10 to 15k currently go to games but there are tens of thousands of others who are passionate about the future of CCFC. I could even put forward an argument that a majority of the remaining population of Coventry, who have very little interest in football would be less than happy to see the football club disappear. It's a major part of this city's identity and it would be tragedy to see it go.

I take your point, but couldn't you make the argument that if they were that passionate about the club surviving they'd be up there supporting them, like the rest of us daft b*ggers? ;)

And even if they didn't want to actually attend, do you think they'd be happy to allow the club to draw on public funds to the tune of tens of millions just to ensure survival?

Personally speaking, I'm not sure even a majority of hard-core fans would stand behind that, let alone the armchair supporters.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Seems as it's the end of the season I would like to present a few end of season awards of my own for SBT..

Starting with the "No Facts, Just digging into Potential" Award goes this post from PSGM1:

Second award is the "I have no concept of what the Hell I am talking about" goes again to PSGM1 for this little beauty:

The award for "Most Shocking Spelling" was close but BHSB takes it with this chestnut:

(It's Tattoo by the way)

Congratulations to all of you hope to see you next season :wave::wave::wave::claping hands::claping hands:

Brilliant I dont mind getting an award what I do object to is getting it from you Gren,Lord or a few others on here now that would be great but from you utterrrlleyy worthless.

dongonzalos

(It's Tattoo by the way)

I dispute the spelling one.

I have worked hard at not correcting the predictive text on my phone for a long time now and am shocked at my omission in this category!

letsallsingtogether

And the award for trawling and stalking must go to yourself :wave::wave:

(It's Tattoo by the way)

RoboCCFC90

And the award for trawling and stalking must go to yourself :wave::wave:

Stalking?? I hardly peer through a bedroom window with Night Vision Goggles..

Everyone is starting to use the word "Trawling" recently and there was me thinking Bird was the Word??!!

RoboCCFC90

Brilliant I dont mind getting an award what I do object to is getting it from you Gren,Lord or a few others on here now that would be great but from you utterrrlleyy worthless.

Your welcome..

letsallsingtogether

Can I borrow those goggles if your not using them:D
Stalking?? I hardly peer through a bedroom window with Night Vision Goggles..

Everyone is starting to use the word "Trawling" recently and there was me thinking Bird was the Word??!!

Nonleagueherewecome

(It's Tattoo by the way)

I'm going to try and pip Valiant in next years inaugural Filthiest Poster award. Which for some reason, reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRp-ETn9aes

RPHunt

As you are flinging awards for misuse of the language about, how about giving one to yourself. BHSB is an initialism not an acronym.

RoboCCFC90

RoboCCFC90

I chose BHSB because after 54 years of supporting the City thats what I am, so you keep giving out awards showing how clever you are while other people worry about the team that they love.

Trust me BHSB your not alone feeling broken hearted by what's happening at the moment.

Every single person deals with it in a different way..

torchomatic

Unless they can reel in any other events.

Back on Topic ..........RIP ACL seems they wont be getting the Rugby World cup either. The Midlands Carp show could swing it for them

torchomatic

Wedding fairs too. All's not lost.

Users who are viewing this thread