Robins comments (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueScottie

"Asked to expand on what he means by saying things have got to change, he seemed to suggest that things weren’t always as clear to him as they could have been, saying: “Umm, I am not going to go too deep into it but things need to change in terms of, if you are going to make the best of a situation you have got to know what the situation is, 100 percent. So whilst you are trying to hold onto players, and rightly so, hold onto players that have done so well, they can’t do it on their own and they need a squad around them to help them.

“And also you need to grow the others as well because they have got to come along with you and they have to improve and they have got to have careers that gets the best out of them here at Coventry City. And then it depends on what happens later on down the line.

“So to make the best of what you have you need to be in full view of everything that’s going on so that you can make the best decisions with the resources you have available to you. And if not then you have to make other resources available to you by selling people and making sure you have got the right balance, and using that situation to your own advantage."

Boddy has had a shocker of a Summer by the sounds of it!

Samo

Oh dear, seems he has been shafted like the rest of us.

covboy1987

Oh dear, seems he has been shafted like the rest of us.
Think the cracks are beginning to show - It must be hard as a manager to be constantly running a team on a shoe string - trying to even ask for decent pitches and decent training facilities this should all be automatically provided at championship level - Seriously do feel there are a number of teams out there that would take Robins and his team and back them considerably in the transfer market

wingy

Is he maybe hinting he may have taken a fee for one of the more valuable players early in the window if he had a full view of how the window was going to turn out - ie fuck all investment
Think there's some of that in it.

chiefdave

Think people read too much into some of Robins comments. He literally says they knew this would be a tough window and that things didn't go to plan.

We all know the plan was to sell O'Hare and then he got injured so clearly at that point the plan went out the window.

Alongside that we know that things changed because we couldn't play a home game for weeks. Yes those games will be played eventually but midweek with a smaller crowd, add to the fact that we seem to have had to up front the cost of sorting the pitch and there's obviously a huge impact on cash flow with an owner unwilling to cover it.

Not sure I'm making the jump to Boddy / Fisher / Sepalla lying to Robins and his recruitment team.

better days

Think people read too much into some of Robins comments. He literally says they knew this would be a tough window and that things didn't go to plan.

We all know the plan was to sell O'Hare and then he got injured so clearly at that point the plan went out the window.

Alongside that we know that things changed because we couldn't play a home game for weeks. Yes those games will be played eventually but midweek with a smaller crowd, add to the fact that we seem to have had to up front the cost of sorting the pitch and there's obviously a huge impact on cash flow with an owner unwilling to cover it.

Not sure I'm making the jump to Boddy / Fisher / Sepalla lying to Robins and his recruitment team.
Suspect there is something in this
I heard the O'Hare to Burnley was virtually done snd the player expectwd to go but it seems there was some last minute wrangling over payment terms that scuppered it
Tbh I can understand the club playing hardball especially when COH seemed to be impervious to injury
Until he wasn't

Finham

Confirmation that "we tried to sign someone who it turned out wasn't eligible to come into the country".

GIMOC

Suspect there is something in this
I heard the O'Hare to Burnley was virtually done snd the player expectwd to go but it seems there was some last minute wrangling over payment terms that scuppered it
Tbh I can understand the club playing hardball especially when COH seemed to be impervious to injury
Until he wasn't

Ohare was never leaving for Burnley. Ohare didn’t want to leave and he said to robins he’ll only leave for a prem team which robins was happy with. The club got greedy in the summer regarding transfers and how much money they wanted

Grendel

We will be hardly any worse off with midweek crowds - about £100k over 3 games. Advanced tickets are paid for and could easily be covered with a loan against secured funds of purchase

Our transfer strategy has been woeful

Finham

Says success this season would be staying in the division. And that the no home matches situation means that no, the money is not there for him to reinforce with in January.

Skyblue54

Surely our owners should stand the the loss of gate receipts?...they are going to get the money back..surley they have a moral obligation as our owners to support us!!..

Philosorapter

I'd still say a fresh approach is needed for working out relative player value.

There's a saying in chess.

Your rating is your commodity.

Grendel

We ain’t got a pot to piss in because the owners have no long term plan. They’re useless

The messaging is just nonsense m

Boddy says as part of the strategy to improve the squad we budget a player sale so nothing to do with cash flow.

Fair enough. So why then sell at the end of the window for a small fee? I doubt the budget was to sell at such a low level

The 3 games I’m sure are covered anyway - you could easily loan that as it’s assured money coming in

Midweek impact on revenue is negligible

It’s embarrassing nonsense

Grendel

The owners and their appointed CEO have no ideas or inclination to grow the club's revenue base

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The commercial side is pitiful - you actually offer sponsorship money and it’s ignored

CRFC have been hugely responsive in terms of contact, offers and benefits so once again get my money

Finham

Seppalla will be here till she dies it seems

clint van damme

I can buy a ashflow issue because of postponements, but surely by January it all balances out somewhat?

Haven't we rescheduled 2 for before Christmas anyway?
Sounds like absolute bollocks.
And given the figures involved if that was what he was relying on for the transfer kitty I don't think we would be doing much business anyway.

procdoc

The messaging is just nonsense m

Boddy says as part of the strategy to improve the squad we budget a player sale so nothing to do with cash flow.

Fair enough. So why then sell at the end of the window for a small fee? I doubt the budget was to sell at such a low level

The 3 games I’m sure are covered anyway - you could easily loan that as it’s assured money coming in

Midweek impact on revenue is negligible

It’s embarrassing nonsense
I completely agree. The club are using the pitch fiasco as an excuse. Meanwhile Robins has to try and pull another miracle off. One day he will run out of ideas and I have a horrible feeling we are seeing this now. I don’t blame Robins at all, only so far he can take us

Brighton Sky Blue

I completely agree. The club are using the pitch fiasco as an excuse. Meanwhile Robins has to try and pull another miracle off. One day he will run out of ideas and I have a horrible feeling we are seeing this now. I don’t blame Robins at all, only so far he can take us

I just don't understand why they're still here and not trying to find interested buyers.

chiefdave

Ohare didn’t want to leave and he said to robins he’ll only leave for a prem team which robins was happy with.
Footballers of course being well known for their undying loyalty to a club they don't support when they're offered a huge pay rise.

GIMOC

Footballers of course being well known for their undying loyalty to a club they don't support when they're offered a huge pay rise.

that’s how football works. improved contracts to add value to the asset. In this instance, we offered contracts to the big ‘3’ hoping to cash in but back fired. For example Hamer had a 10 mill clause obviously wasn’t met in the summer. Then we have players like waghorn, Kane and Walker where they tried to offload to free wage bill but no clubs could afford the wages.

Grendel

There was a lot of rumours flying around before the Rotherham game that The management team were somewhat unhappy with their immediate superior

Colin Steins Smile

I just don't understand why they're still here and not trying to find interested buyers.
Given the story promoted in the FT, I think they are trying to entice a buyer. However, the communications from the club hasn't helped them secure a price they would accept, due to looking for funds., which would make any buyer think SISU are desperate to offload the club.
N.B. The late sale of Hyam and DB stating the clubs in financial distress.

SlowerThanPlatt

that’s how football works. improved contracts to add value to the asset. In this instance, we offered contracts to the big ‘3’ hoping to cash in but back fired. For example Hamer had a 10 mill clause obviously wasn’t met in the summer. Then we have players like waghorn, Kane and Walker where they tried to offload to free wage bill but no clubs could afford the wages.

If we were hanging our hopes on getting £10m for Hamer then that’s just ridiculous planning

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread