Robins on Talksport very soon! (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I'm listening as well.

Interestingly, they've just been talking about the issues at Wolves. Didn't realise they had issues...seemingly some similarities as us. Albeit they own their stadium (I think) and have a chairman willing to sell.

Nick

Administrator
I'm listening as well.

Interestingly, they've just been talking about the issues at Wolves. Didn't realise they had issues...seemingly some similarities as us. Albeit they own their stadium (I think) and have a chairman willing to sell.

I thought they had just been bought out?

wal3590

I'm listening as well.

That was Sunderland

CovisGod

If it's not just a fluff piece, I'd ideally like to hear why he's here now when the reasons for his initial exit have only got worse.

Exactly this, I've been wondering this for a couple of days,

Wasn't he pretty vocal about SISU when he left ? The situation is now 10x worse so what's made him come back ? And why would they want him back after being publicly shamed ?

JimmyHillsbeard

Exactly this, I've been wondering this for a couple of days,

Wasn't he pretty vocal about SISU when he left ? The situation is now 10x worse so what's made him come back ? And why would they want him back after being publicly shamed ?

No he said the owners were working really hard for the club but they needed support from the council.

Nick

Administrator
They're talking about the awful crisis at Arsenal at the moment....my heart bleeds

Think this is the issue when you have people like Jim White talking about us, it's their job to pretty much just play on the outrage. Wow, Sanchez is on the bench and he shakes hands with Wenger. Headline news.

What they don't realise is that one player cost could buy a L1 / L2 club. Sanchez turns over more than most L1 / L2 clubs.

That's part of the issue with football and the big gulf.

The Reverend Skyblue

They're talking about the awful crisis at Arsenal at the moment....my heart bleeds
I know FP, finishing a minimum of forth and qualifying for the Champions league for 20 consecutive seasons must be a terrible burden to carry around and the feeling must be so depressing. I just don't know how they cope.

Liquid Gold

When he left he said he sought assurances from the owners which he didn't get and the club could do with more help from the council. The council forced us in to admin shortly after. Hardly scathing of sisu is it.

skybluebeduff

I'm listening as well.

No sympathy for a club who spend £13mill on one player... in the championship... at the wrong end of the table. That's more money than SISU have invested into our playing side over the course of nearly 10 years!

Joy Division

I know FP, finishing a minimum of forth and qualifying for the Champions league for 20 consecutive seasons must be a terrible burden to carry around and the feeling must be so depressing. I just don't know how they cope.

I'd be pissed off if I was an Arsenal fan too, from once being one of the top 2 biggest teams in the country they've been static for years now whilst watching other teams overtake them. When the new Spurs stadium is finished they will most likely play second fiddle to them too.

Nick

Administrator
Why do you always assume people don't realise things? Of course they would know that.

Because it's all about top football as it's where the attention is. Do they really have an understanding of lower league football when Micky Quinn is ranting about how we haven't bought any players etc etc?

ecky

"Fisher and Sisu are good people"

Yeh right

Robins had a phone call last Sunday to come back???

Another rushed appointment by Fisher

CovisGod

Clubs been ran with a lack of trust

Lots of money spent without any direction

Difficult, painful season.

Got the call on Sunday, said yes but want to do it right

We have to build something for the supporters to be proud of

Wembley is just a day out in amongst misery

Needs building from the ground up

Need to bring everybody together

There's going to be change, we need revenue streams

I'm sure we'll invest in the team in the summer

I've got to focus on the football side, everybody needs guiding in the same direction

Hit rock bottom, now building for the future and doing properly

Scouting etc. Needs doing first, need to get recruitment right

I'm realistic, need to win 8 games, difficult challenge but will go for it

Nick

Administrator
"didn't think twice about coming back, fisher and co good people"

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Robins on now, pre recorded
  • didn't think twice about taking job, knows club, owner and Fisher and they're "good people"
  • lot of money spent in the past on nothing, run with a lack of trust in what's happening
  • wants to turn it round, huge club with great support
  • magnificent with Robins last time, but we were winning
  • need to do it properly and build something
  • he got the call on Sunday
  • owners looking for direction and need something tangible building (in response to question about fans' view of owners)
  • not a great deal of infrastructure in place
  • there will be change, we need revenue streams, sure we can invest in the team come the summer
  • galvanise the players and try and get as many results between now
  • (White tries to say Robins has to broker a peace deal)
  • Robins disagrees and says he wants to get the stuff on the pitch right
  • Hoping the club has hit rock bottom, things that are easily put in place that don't exist currently, no scouting system etc!
  • (Are you writing off this season?)
  • Everybody is realistic, got to win 8 and draw at least 1 to stay up. We'll have a real good go at it.

Users who are viewing this thread