Robins Squad comments (1 Viewer)

Deity

The last few weeks we have heard MR moan about squad size and the number of matches the players are playing etc etc ….. if you are 3-0 up at home to a non league side who have not had a shot on target and you choose to bring on proven players rather than give minutes to young players you have no right to moan about player fatigue.

The transfer window is shut and there is f all we can do about squad size now and I don’t want to hear any more MR comments on it. It’s negative and not helpful. Going forward this season it’s about giving players belief and not giving anyone a reason / excuse to fall short.

Londonccfcfan

The last few weeks we have heard MR moan about squad size and the number of matches the players are playing etc etc ….. if you are 3-0 up at home to a non league side who have not had a shot on target and you choose to bring on proven players rather than give minutes to young players you have no right to moan about player fatigue.

The transfer window is shut and there is f all we can do about squad size now and I don’t want to hear any more MR comments on it. It’s negative and not helpful. Going forward this season it’s about giving players belief and not giving anyone a reason / excuse to fall short.
The rest of the players are non league level at best and would have been bullied.

Can't risk on national TV giving Maidstone a sniff even if they got a goal back...with their 5k backing...it would have got nervy.

There really was no need to tinker. Proffesional job done. Satisfied woth the performance.

lord_garrincha

I think it's been stated on here by ITKs in the past that MR will not play kids for the sake of it & you have to earn the right to play... whether you agree with that is another thing.

Evo1883

I'm sure Robins will take your comments into consideration

stupot07

Did find it strange he didn't chuck the youngsters on who were on the bench.
Yeah that's the only disappointment really. It would have been good to give Lusala and Andrews 15-20 minutes at least.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

skybluecam

He obviously wanted more depth in Jan and didn’t get it, and will inevitably get blamed if/when our form dips. King & the recruitment department should have done more.

Sakamoto’s injury is going to expose our lack of depth even more.

Deity

He obviously wanted more depth in Jan and didn’t get it, and will inevitably get blamed if/when our form dips. King & the recruitment department should have done more.

Sakamoto’s injury is going to expose our lack of depth even more.
The fact we don’t have a credible wide player in the under 21’s isn’t Kings fault though is it …..

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Did give Kai Andrews 5 seconds against Boro
Someone has made the point that the development teams and structure is no longer good enough in comparison to the rise in first team status. Cant keep buying 4-5 million on league 1 players and need some useful players coming through
25 players are allowed in squad but that can be supplemented by u21 players. Unfortunately those u21 players don't appear to be good enough. I am surprised that a couple of players were not given a few minutes at end of game.

Incidentally , in researching how best to get back from West Brom using google maps, noticed what looks to be impressive academy building next to the ground. Maybe West Brom used some of the premiership windfall wisely

skybluecam

We did. We signed EMC ? We know that Posh changed the goal posts on him joining us late in the day of the last day of the Window.
He’s not at the club though is he…

We were sitting in the playoffs through using a 4231/433 with one (1) natural wide player at the club. It was obvious we needed someone in Jan and we didn’t get it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The rest of the players are non league level at best and would have been bullied.

Can't risk on national TV giving Maidstone a sniff even if they got a goal back...with their 5k backing...it would have got nervy.

There really was no need to tinker. Proffesional job done. Satisfied woth the performance.
To be fair - if we blew a 3-0 lead at home to Maidstone none of the youth players we’d have brought on will never make it our our level

Hertsccfc

To be fair - if we blew a 3-0 lead at home to Maidstone none of the youth players we’d have brought on will never make it our our level
My understanding is the most promising of our youth players are in the 16/17 age range or are currently out on loan (Burroughs and Howley). So yesterday wasn't really the opportunity although I was slightly disappointed Andrews wasn't given some minutes late on.

Deity

He’s not at the club though is he…

We were sitting in the playoffs through using a 4231/433 with one (1) natural wide player at the club. It was obvious we needed someone in Jan and we didn’t get it.
That’s football. Every club will have a similar story.

skybluecam

That’s football. Every club will have a similar story.
Cliche nonsense.

Our recruitment failed in Jan and that’s left us short for this season. Is it the end of the world? No. Has it had a significant impact to our chances of playoffs/promotion? Yes.

Happy_Martian

To be fair, the intensity level of that game was so low, it was probably worth getting some minutes into all the first teams legs before Friday. Not exactly like anyone was busting a gut.

These were my thoughts too. Play as professionally as possible to make the game safe and then rest those that need it. After it went 3-0, all eyes would have been on the WBA game and making sure the starting 11 were rested and injury free. Wrighty is the only concern, subbed at halftime due to a knee problem.

O'Hare was the only one really pushing after halftime and it could be said he was playing for the cameras, his agent and any scouts in the crowd.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think the point about "earning a place" that Robins has supposedly said is correct. If you take Tavares in isolation last night he should have been champing at the bit to get at their full back, he looked lost at times. He scored late on due to tiredness on their part, the first goal was well finished though. You want your young players that need to prove that they are worth it to have the desire and ability to have a real go in games like that, it shows the manager that you want it and you believe in your self and that you are good enough at higher levels. I know he's been out with injury but last night he should have possibly been able to put a marker down and like a lot of youngsters didn't.

Deity

I think the point about "earning a place" that Robins has supposedly said is correct. If you take Tavares in isolation last night he should have been champing at the bit to get at their full back, he looked lost at times. He scored late on due to tiredness on their part, the first goal was well finished though. You want your young players that need to prove that they are worth it to have the desire and ability to have a real go in games like that, it shows the manager that you want it and you believe in your self and that you are good enough at higher levels. I know he's been out with injury but last night he should have possibly been able to put a marker down and like a lot of youngsters didn't.
Tavares isn’t a wide player he’s a striker. He is also a very inexperienced player. It was clear last night that he didn’t know how to play out wide but his runs looked more natural when he moved into the central role.

Deity

It was like a pre season friendly/training session for the substitutes. Today they will have day off !
I think MR got it bang on and didn't give Maidstone one stiff of a goal or comeback second half.
It’s all about opinions ….. Klopp took a different view to you on Sunday when he was prepared to play unproven kids in a cup final against experienced pro’s. Those young players will have benefited immeasurably from that experience, ours may have benefitted too. I doubt Eccles or MVE got anything from their cameos.

Grendel

It’s all about opinions ….. Klopp took a different view to you on Sunday when he was prepared to play unproven kids in a cup final against experienced pro’s. Those young players will have benefited immeasurably from that experience, ours may have benefitted too. I doubt Eccles or MVE got anything from their cameos.

Our unproven kids may just not be good enough?

Grendel

Deity

Our unproven kids may just not be good enough?
Maybe.

You would hope 2 of them could have been added to the team for 15-20 mins against non league opposition who were tired and beaten though without putting at risk our victory.

bawtryneal

Huh !!
Completely irrelevant and different scenario. Because they won Klopp is a hero. If they had lost then he would have been a clown.
Also, Liverpool squad depth is completely different to ours.

Deity

Huh !!
Completely irrelevant and different scenario. Because they won Klopp is a hero. If they had lost then he would have been a clown.
Also, Liverpool squad depth is completely different to ours.
You’re not seriously suggesting that our squad depth is better than Liverpools are you ?

The truth is most managers would not have been brave enough to take off tired proven pro’s and replace them with kids in a key match…. Klopp isn’t most managers. He’s a world class manager.

I don’t think a single City fan thinks we would have lost that match last night if we had given 1 or 2 young players 15 mins at the end last night.

Brylowes

You’re not seriously suggesting that our squad depth is better than Liverpools are you ?

The truth is most managers would not have been brave enough to take off tired proven pro’s and replace them with kids in a key match…. Klopp isn’t most managers. He’s a world class manager.

I don’t think a single City fan thinks we would have lost that match last night if we had given 1 or 2 young players 15 mins at the end last night.
The difference being ‘Klopp wouldn’t hesitate to select any of those youngsters who won the League Cup on Sunday for any game’ league decider, FA Cup final even a Champions League final because he trusts them & he knows they’re good enough.
Surely you can figure out why Robins is hesitant to throw our youngsters in.

fernandopartridge

Unproven kids from a top academy in one of the biggest clubs in Europe

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

He isnt happy

As stated previously, hes not going to walk and theres been no big fall out so theres no need to worry

He's just pretty disappointed that hes got to where the owner asks of him to be, In January, and wanted 2 or 3 in (not counting EMC as hes not here yet) to take us over the line. He wasnt backed, and its riled him, hence the comments and strange subs etc.

For once hes basically of the same thinking of the supporters. You cant be Top 6 in Jan, demand a cup run and play offs whilst not getting in the players asked for because they 'wont be ours'.

As i said previously, Dougs doing a good job, but this aspect he needs to change, quality loans get sides promoted, we've seen it time and again. And im sure he'll learn that

Users who are viewing this thread