Robins Squad comments (1 Viewer)

Deity

You dont think a loan till May/June costing a tiny fraction of DK's current spend was worth a punt

MR does 🤷‍♂️
Yes I do think it was.

That’s not my point.

MR constantly meaning about it really doesn’t help anyone. Just look at this forum half the fans are moaning we don’t have the squad to make the play offs rather than being united in our view that we can !

I honestly believe if MR had said very little about the window we wouldn’t have this level of division amongst the fans.

Hertsccfc

Yes I do think it was.

That’s not my point.

MR constantly meaning about it really doesn’t help anyone. Just look at this forum half the fans are moaning we don’t have the squad to make the play offs rather than being united in our view that we can !

I honestly believe if MR had said very little about the window we wouldn’t have this level of division amongst the fans.
Isn't the point of this forum to discuss things like this? It doesn't seem the most heated discussion, especially compared with some we have seen on here in the past.

Last edited:

rexo87

Raj Sakyi has been injured since October so would have been a pretty stupid signing… But I agree that King has to learn loans are useful, especially in Jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Maybe he's just to rationalise the fee aspect of it in terms of the development provided, lonely out there though I'd imagine?

shmmeee

But the league position is the whole point. I really don't care how many loans we have if it means we get promoted.

It’s not likely though. Loans this season is a real gamble financially. As long as Doug isn’t looking to sack Robins if we finish 8th or go out in the semis it’s all good. And let’s be blunt: we’ve spent more money this season than all of Robins other seasons combined. If he couldn’t get a squad together that could last the season that’s as much on him.

CCFCSteve

Course Robins is not happy, he’s got sheaf and Allen out for several weeks and Saka out for the season. All midfielders obviously. but all happened after window closed. Just bad luck

None of us know if we tried to sign any loans or not (or other players for that matter), although model suggests we are trying to minimise loans, probably as much on Robins request as we’re spending a load of time improving players to see no benefit

As has been said before, we spent £7m in Jan and I’d imagine Peterborough insisting on the loan back late in the day messed up plans a bit.

ps we did have a loan midfielder (Ayari), most wanted him sent back and Robins wasn’t playing him anyway.

Hincha

As a hypothetical would people have preferred:

A. EMC in summer and no loan signings.

B. 3 quality loan signings in Jan. But EMC goes to another Championship club in the summer & we have a reduced summer budget.

Likelihood of promotion small in both but slightly higher for option B.

Mucca Mad Boys

As a hypothetical would people have preferred:

A. EMC in summer and no loan signings.

B. 3 quality loan signings in Jan. But EMC goes to another Championship club in the summer & we have a reduced summer budget.

Likelihood of promotion small in both but slightly higher for option B.
Which option would give us a better chance of promotion in 2024/25? Option A for sure.

It’s more like you’d get 1-2 ‘quality loans’ for £4.25 million. Kieffer Moore would’ve been an expensive signing if you include wages and likewise, Fabio Carvalho wouldn’t have been cheap either.

Users who are viewing this thread