Ronaldo Says He's Best Ever Player (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Can't stand the arogant knob but I agree with him. Lots of other greats already listed on here but imo he compares at least equality to all and favourably against many of them.

covcity4life

portugal are not average. inf act the euro 2016 squad was hailed as the new golden generation (j mario,bernado silva,ronaldo,andre silva,renato sanches,carvalho) etc. they will do alright at world cup too

basically you like ronaldo cos he "did it in england" lol as if messi wouldnt if he came here

and maradonna won a world cup and league with napoli. great achievements.

messi has won everything multiple times at club level and was a higuain finish away from winning world cup himself. not having the hes never won a world cup argument

hes the greatest player on the planet

fernandopartridge

portugal are not average. inf act the euro 2016 squad was hailed as the new golden generation (j mario,bernado silva,ronaldo,andre silva,renato sanches,carvalho) etc. they will do alright at world cup too

basically you like ronaldo cos he "did it in england" lol as if messi wouldnt if he came here

and maradonna won a world cup and league with napoli. great achievements.

messi has won everything multiple times at club level and was a higuain finish away from winning world cup himself. not having the hes never won a world cup argument

hes the greatest player on the planet

You know I don't rate the PL so I don't know where you've got that shite from. The point is that Ronaldo has played in more than one country and won multiple trophies in both.

"Not having the he's never won the world cup" He hasn't. He hasn't even won the Copa America.

covcity4life

and why is that? because he lost both on pen shoot outs?

winning 1 particular trophy isnt the be all and end all anyway, but regardless he got to final and set up numerous chances his colleagues missed or he lost out on lottery of shootout. use your noggin

CCFC88

Messi won 4 of his 5 ballon dor's during the golden Barcelona period where one of his team mates was also in the top 3, either Xavi or Iniesta (and Neymar when he won his 5th)

Would Barca have won the 07 & 09 Champions Leagues without Messi, quite possibly, they were that good. Would Real have won back to back CL titles without Ronaldo, absolutely not.

Facts can't be argued with and until Messi wins something with anyone other than Barcelona CR7 will have the edge.

covcity4life

Messi won 4 of his 5 ballon dor's during the golden Barcelona period where one of his team mates was also in the top 3, either Xavi or Iniesta (and Neymar when he won his 5th)

Would Barca have won the 07 & 09 Champions Leagues without Messi, quite possibly, they were that good. Would Real have won back to back CL titles without Ronaldo, absolutely not.

Facts can't be argued with and until Messi wins something with anyone other than Barcelona CR7 will have the edge.

barca wernt in the 07 final???????????????????

messi was motm vs man utd in 09 and what an iconic header for the small man
messi scored the winning goal vs man utd in 2011(ronaldo tevez rooney trinity days iirc)
and he was the best part of their own trinity with neymar and suarez the season they beat juve

ronaldo scored the 4th goal in a 4-1 win vs atletico
he then scored a pen in a shootout win vs atletico
he scored 2nd vs juve in a 4-1 win where they were never in doubt after 30 mins

i fucking love cr7 and hes one of the all tiem greats, but messi is better

covcity4life

also never seen messi have a season like ronaldo currently having. goals not exactly flowing recently and real madrid have won 3 out of 4 cl so a classic team so cant say he hasnt got likes of iniesta xavi with him etc

but dont wanna be drawn into being seen as cr7 hater as hes phenomenal and an inspirational poster boy for work ethic paying off.

2 of the very best and we are lucky to watch them(if you have sky)

CCFC88

*09 & '11 apologies.

Messi was plying in a team in that period with Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa & Pedro, they were winning Euros at will and waltzed to the World Cup, yes Messi complemented them perfectly in club football but they would have won one if not both of those CL titles without him.

"he scored 2nd vs juve in a 4-1 win where they were never in doubt after 30 mins" - Are you thinking of the correct game? it was 1-1 after 60 mins and it was in the balance, he scored their 1st and 3rd ( which wrapped up the tie) against a team that some were touting as one of the best defensive units ever seen in European football, a defensive unit which didn't concede against Barcelona and the great Messi for 180 minutes in the quarters.

CR also almost singlehandedly dragged them through the QF and SF.

CCFC88

I do get the feeling CR has either burnt himself out, struggling for motivation or just simply getting old. Or is he saving himself for one last push at the World Cup?

covcity4life

I do get the feeling CR has either burnt himself out, struggling for motivation or just simply getting old. Or is he saving himself for one last push at the World Cup?
I dunno maybe body faltering? Phenomenal shape but he relies on athleticsim more than messi. Im sure hes still in great condition but feel likes hes become more of a poacher last few years than taking people on and in cuttinf in etc

Although that deserves credit too to change your game to prolong career. He still has alot to give and i wouldnt be shocked if this real madrid team in desperation go onto win a 4th cl in 5 years! Especially if bale stays fit too

Cointer point to barca strengrh. Some say Portugal average(i personally disagree) but they won a euro final vs tournament favourites without ronaldo who went off ibjured after 15 min(a real shame)

Think anu team could win without messi ronaldo. Not sure they eould win enough to win silverware though

CJ_covblaze

old ronaldo defintley up there. who else can seriously rival messi? this is more to do with you thinking foreign football is shit again.

So I’m claiming foreign football is shit by saying that a Brazilian who didn’t ever play for an English club is better than a Portuguese bloke that did?

lifeskyblue

Best ever...Pele head and shoulders above rest. Absolutely peerless. Just imagine what he would be worth today! Yes Maradonna, messi, ronaldo(s) all great players but pele the best ever for me. Charlton and Moore from ‘66 also up there as well as beckenbaur. Baresi and Maldini fantastic defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

So I’m claiming foreign football is shit by saying that a Brazilian who didn’t ever play for an English club is better than a Portuguese bloke that did?
no not ronaldo who i can understand you said many others you would put over messi and cr7

so please name them all, you must have loads. you said "many"

just curious

CJ_covblaze

no not ronaldo who i can understand you said many others you would put over messi and cr7

so please name them all, you must have loads. you said "many"

just curious

I’d have Ronaldo, Figo, Giggs, Henry, Shearer, Rivaldo and Raul in attacking positions over either/both of them. I’d also say the likes of Maldini, Adams, Cannavaro, Seaman, Schmeichel, Casillas, Pique, Scholes, Keane, Xavi, Iniesta, Viera, Pirlo and Zidane were all either equally or more important as CR & LM when it came to contributing towards their teams successes.

covcity4life

I’d have Ronaldo, Figo, Giggs, Henry, Shearer, Rivaldo and Raul in attacking positions over either/both of them. I’d also say the likes of Maldini, Adams, Cannavaro, Seaman, Schmeichel, Casillas, Pique, Scholes, Keane, Xavi, Iniesta, Viera, Pirlo and Zidane were all either equally or more important as CR & LM when it came to contributing towards their teams successes.

WOW

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Clarence Seedorf too. How are any of those that I’ve mentioned less important to their respective sides than Messi or Ronaldo?

CCFC88

You're mental

ajsccfc

Clarence Seedorf too. How are any of those that I’ve mentioned less important to their respective sides than Messi or Ronaldo?
Most of them. A lot of them were let go relatively easily and very few players in football have been as important for as long as both Messi and Ronaldo have for their sides.

Ccfcisparks

people are missing the fact he thinks Tony Adams is just as important as Messi. I've read some shite on this website but that takes the cake

MAFF

you've lost the plot you massive mentalist. go and have a lie down.

CJ_covblaze

people are missing the fact he thinks Tony Adams is just as important as Messi. I've read some shite on this website but that takes the cake

The greatest defender to grace the Premier League. As I said, he was as important. I like to look beyond goals. I appreciate a last ditch tackle as much as a goal. Just my opinion.

CJ_covblaze

agree!

i like cj as hes a huge cov fan and goes cov and england game religiously

but i respectively disagree with his comments on world football

And I respectfully disagree with yours too. That doesn’t mean I think you’re wrong btw. Just means we see the game differently.

CJ_covblaze

Ryan fucking Giggs better than Lionel Messi hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahah

Where did I say he was better? Just as important.

SBAndy

That is absolute fucking insanity. Go for a lie down.

Gazolba

If your talking about the best ever, then it really should be a list of very few...

For example,

Messi
Maradonna
Cruyff
C. Ronaldo
Pele ...maybe even Garrincha (some older Brazillians are adamant he was the better player)
Eusebio...
Beckenbaur

<snip>
Zico was a fantastic player, equally as good if not better than Beckenbauer. There are a whole host of players that could be considered equal to the ones on your list.
How about Di Stefano, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Zidane, Romario?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread