Rules they should bring back (1 Viewer)

Calista

Despite some people thinking it’s a new rule, I think the “whole of the ball must be over the whole of the line” has always applied. We can (usually) just measure it better now.

In researching this, I came across some gems from the early days of the game in the 19th Century. “If the ball crossed the sideline, the player that first got the ball was rewarded the throw-in”. It would be brilliant to reintroduce that, can you imagine the fights 😂

SBAndy

Despite some people thinking it’s a new rule, I think the “whole of the ball must be over the whole of the line” has always applied. We can (usually) just measure it better now.

In researching this, I came across some gems from the early days of the game in the 19th Century. “If the ball crossed the sideline, the player that first got the ball was rewarded the throw-in”. It would be brilliant to reintroduce that, can you imagine the fights 😂

Gets rid of timewasting, all for it.

shmmeee

5 subs and bigger benches is one of the few things I actually like recently. Gives players more opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yeah and I’d rather watch games won because someone has come on fresh and played well than because players are tired. I’d honestly have as many subs as you want within limits on stoppages, if it didn’t hand such an advantage to rich clubs.

Johhny Blue

Throws to be taken where the ball left the field. (And taken properly) although the second part might disqualify Lati from throw ins.

2. Bring back the slide tackle from behind

Sky Blue Pete

Love the throw in rule
Would b good at grassroots when no one can be arsed to get the ball
I’d like the 6 second rule brought back in for keepers
New rules sin bin for dissent and take throws from where you like behind where the ball went out

Sbarcher

Good old fashioned shoulder charges. Nothing wrong with bundling keeper and ball into the net. Used to be a man's game!

MalcSB

Love the throw in rule
Would b good at grassroots when no one can be arsed to get the ball
I’d like the 6 second rule brought back in for keepers
New rules sin bin for dissent and take throws from where you like behind where the ball went out
Is the 6 second rule not a rule any more, or is it a rule that just isn’t being enforced?

CJ_covblaze

I’d change a few things. Get rid of the throw in rule. Let the player throw it however they like. Saying they have to have two feet on the floor and having to throw it a certain way is like telling the corner taker they can only use the inside of their foot. Wastes so much time too.

Also in a much bigger shake up when a team scores a goal they have to take a player off and bring someone on from the crowd. Every fan is breathalysed at the turnstile and the one with highest level gets to go on first.

itsabuzzard

I’d change a few things. Get rid of the throw in rule. Let the player throw it however they like. Saying they have to have two feet on the floor and having to throw it a certain way is like telling the corner taker they can only use the inside of their foot. Wastes so much time too.

Also in a much bigger shake up when a team scores a goal they have to take a player off and bring someone on from the crowd. Every fan is breathalysed at the turnstile and the one with highest level gets to go on first.
Food for thought.

Sky Blue Pete

Is the 6 second rule not a rule any more, or is it a rule that just isn’t being enforced?

It’s absolutely still part of law 12 point 2 indirect free kicks

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

it’s absolutely not enforced

Sky Blue Pete

Such a great idea

stupot07

Consistency of what constitutes a foul, at all levels wherever it happens in the pitch and who it happens too.

"You can't get away with that in the PL", "that's always a foul at international level"

There are one set of rules that cover grassroots right through to international football. The same offence shouldn't be ok at one level but a foul at another level.

Similarly, if something would be given a foul on the halfway line then it should be given a foul in the penalty area.

And also, got can't touch a keeper, but you can wrestle a player to the ground from a corner. The Man City disallowed goal against Liverpool would never had been disallowed if the same minimal contact was on a defender.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

3 overseas players (it was something like that) it’s daft that we sit here in England watching a team representing a City with players from all over the world just because we have rich clubs. Kills off youth development unless you’re Jude B and it’s decimated the unearthing of a Scottish or Northern Ireland gem. I can’t imagine a life without Sandy Robertson in it. Bosman has a lot to answer for!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread