Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (23 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

You could ask Dave Nellist.
His was the decisive vote.
Said he wished he'd made fan representation on the board a condition.
But it was also concessions to regeneration (to get him on board) that helped accentuate conditions that made the ground more about that, and less about the club.

NorthernWisdom

Concessions from where?
The ruling Conservative group were anti, weren't they?
Not what I was after, but I'm ill... and it's good enough ;)

ONLY three-strong but key players. They secured a promise that any profit over the £5 million expected from selling off extra land at the Arena site would be ploughed back into the council - and won a promise jobs would be heavily advertised to Coventry people, that they would get help in applying for the jobs.

Dave Nellist said he wanted more community facilities. He also asked for the future profit to be split more in favour of the council.

What they all had to say ...; COVENTRY ARENA DECISION. - Free Online Library

So, maybe not unwarranted from a council POV (he was concerned about social services cuts) but ended up aggravating the conditions that meant ground and club would always be running opposing to one another.

RegTheDonk

Common sense approach Dongonzalos, I too feel that we should be welcoming Simon's presence on here.
I read the Coventry Telegraph on line and don't understand the vitriol aimed at it and Simon.
I have read his book and found it a decent insight in to events over a long period and with the input of the protagonists.

Can't recall the reason he stopped coming on here or why the vitriol started but I do feel he's let himself down by responding to the baits - perhaps even revelling in them. The internet is full of trolls, they exist here too of course. Simon is in a position where he should rise above all that, but seems he's got the nod from the CT hierarchy to get involved in mud slinging. That's a real pity and can only go toward reaffirming that as far as CCFC is concerned, the CT is reduced to grabbing headlines and clicks by unsubstantiated sensationalism, or regurgitating other peoples work. Les Reid has more connections to what’s going on in the club, after all.

It’s no loss to SBT if Simon keeps his imposed exile - even if he's got some journo privileges or contacts to WASPs or the council, I'd doubt the CT would allow him to reveal anything here (other than "clickbait") before the CT outlets have been published, what’s the logic in that? Unless he's planning a jaunt to the nationals, he's got a mortgage to pay like the rest of us. Simon is just a cog in a machine, there's no point in getting upset at him.

Johnnythespider

But Don, that's the point , he doesn't know any more than us.
I would say that a few people on social media are more in the know ( so to speak)than he is.
Tbf though , the CET has been utter tosh for many years. If it completely dissappeared tomorrow I doubt many would miss it.
No he doesn't, which is why he looks on here. It's why we all look on here.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SkyblueSpecial

Not what I was after, but I'm ill... and it's good enough ;)

What they all had to say ...; COVENTRY ARENA DECISION. - Free Online Library

So, maybe not unwarranted from a council POV (he was concerned about social services cuts) but ended up aggravating the conditions that meant ground and club would always be running opposing to one another.

Wasn't Nellist the one against any major redevelopment of Highfield Road?

Before the plans for the Ricoh were announced I seem to remember the club talking about rebuilding the m & b stand, and Nellist stirring the locals around the ground against it.

Grendel

I can't be a arsed to find it, but you definitely said "what's click bait" in reply to one of my posts.

I think he was throwing it back at you as he thought you didn't. I think we can safely say he does.

letsallsingtogether

Any way enough of this distraction shit.

Like I said earlier this is just a way of trying to detract away from the march on Monday. Sorry friday:)
Cov and Charlton fans marching together again from the Cherry Tree.
Now Wembley is over the time is right to remind our owners we are still here and not gong away.

Looks like all the Protesting Charlton have done has paid off and Roland has decided to sell after say that he wouldn't, so shows that protesting can work.
This has given us a new lease of life to crank up the action.
PUSB .
Fuck Off Sisu..........

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Like I said earlier this is just a way of trying to detract away from the march on Monday.
Now Wembley is over the time is right to remind our owners we are still here and not gong away.

Looks like all the Protesting Charlton have done has paid off and Roland has decided to sell after say that he wouldn't, so shows that protesting can work.
PUSB .
Fuck Off Sisu..........
It was a City fan that broke the story, yet more ridiculous conspiracy theories. March on Monday? We're playing Rochdale

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

gears87

Like I said earlier this is just a way of trying to detract away from the march on Monday.

PUSB .
Fuck Off Sisu..........
Isnt the march on friday...please correct me if im wrong

letsallsingtogether

It was a City fan that broke the story, yet more ridiculous conspiracy theories. March on Monday? We're playing Rochdale

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Just like the City fan who threw everything at fellow City fans to stop the last one.
so ok march on Friday.

cloughie

Then I would question why he was a director at all for 3 years. Unfortunately a board of directors has joint and several liability and someone being busy elsewhere does not excuse them from their responsibilities to CCFC. It is not an excuse that would stand up in court. By allowing others to take actions without his involvement is still making a contribution to the mess. If he could not fulfil his duties because of other commitments he should have resigned his directorship. Harsh I know but CCFC has carried far too many passengers on and off the pitch over the decades. Doesn't make him a bad person but CCFC problems require a fully committed Board of Directors going forward can he provide that commitment
but if I recall correctly he was isolated as he didn't agree with the direction being taken by the board and eventually resigned due to the disagreements

Last edited:

Evo1883

Just had a text message from the person who gives me all my usual info

"I've been with Derek richardsons chauffeur today and paper in Hoffmanns hand was a contract for his daughter who has just signed for wasps netball !!! Sorry mate"

Obviously I apologies for the 10 threads of arguments , if anything does happen then il be as shocked as you all

cloughie

True, the point of the sale was all about attempting to save some of their wealth, they were idiots for letting Bryan have control.
As I understand it they had board meeting s and voted out the thief Richardson aspirations on many matters yet he went behind the boards back and continued with the help of secretary Hover who disappeared in to the shade quickly afterwards and due to Richardson the thief leaving the club skint when they tried to sue he counter sued for unfair dismissal as CEO ( 2nd highest payed behind Martin Edwards Man U who were champions) and they couldn't afford to defend it.

Users who are viewing this thread